Status: Work-In-Progress (Being updated)

One of Us Is the Killer

Chapter 2

"What's going on!?" Austin questioned, trying his best to see everyone around him in the dark. But the recording continued, drowning over Austin.
"Everyone here has been in trouble by the federal government... Or should I say, should have been..."
Everyone in the group paused and distanced themselves from the others slightly.
"Devin Oliver, for the past two years you've been stealing and tricking innocent people of their money and belongings in Warren, Michigan, using street magic and con artist techniques," the recording played. "Kellin Quinn, you are responsible for 5 robberies in the Oregon and California area in the past year. David Schmitt, your offense was driving while intoxicated, crashing into and breaking countless neighborhood landmarks and community resources in Denver, Colorado for the past 3 years. Victor Fuentes, you're responsible for selling and using illegal drugs and substances to the Sand Diego area for the past 6 years. Benjamin Ferris, you're held accountable for raping 2 young women in the past 6 months in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Taylor Jardine, you've been trouble to the New York area through prostitution and other illegal sexual acts for the past two and a half years. Alexander Gaskarth, you're responsible for the death of Lisa Ruccoo, your at the time girlfriend, on January 29th this past winter in Baltimore, Maryland. Austin Carlile, you had physical assaulted 2 men and 1 woman in the past 8 months, resulting in serious injury of all 3, in and around Orange County, California. Valerie Poxlietner, you're held accountable for the death of 8 year old Bethany White in Timmins, Ontario on October 15th of last year. Oliver Sykes, you're responsible for trading and smuggling illegal weapons in and out of the United States since last Spring from various locations on the East and West coast. The secret is out of the bag, all. Do not think you won't pay for your crimes. Because you will. I'll make sure of it."
The recording stopped and the lights turned back on, revealing everyone's shocked and scared faces.
"I can explain!" Alex said quickly.
"So can I!" Ben said right after.
"Okay, okay..." David tried processing this. "Wait... Who's Valerie? They said Valerie, there's no Valerie here."
Vic's eyes scanned the group.
"Lights! They never said Lights' name!"
"Are you Valerie?" Kellin asked with eyes squinted.
Lights looked to the others and sighed, then said, "Yes."
"Then why'd you tell us your name was Lights?"
"Because it is. I go by it."
It really wasn't. It was a name she used since the...incident.
They dropped it, and everyone, at the same time, started spewing out defenses like 'I never did that!' and 'I can explain!'
"Sh, sh!" Oli said loudly, throwing his arms around. "We all committed crimes obviously, so what."
"Oli has a point," David started. "It's not like that magic voice from the ceiling is going to kill us or something. Lets just have a good time," he hopped over the counter and got 10 room keys. "We have a hotel to ourselves!"
Lights grinned and took a key from David.
"You're right."
David distributed the rest of the keys.
"Is there a bar around? We'll get drinks, on me." He beckoned Kellin and Devin over to him. Kellin walked over, but Devin stopped short in from of Tay.
"Wanna join us, ma'am?"
Tay smirked a little and nodded. "Surely."
"How about your friend?" Devin looked over to Lights. "Fake name, you're invited, too."
Lights sighed and shrugged. "I guess-"
Oli gently tapped her shoulder. "I was going to ask you to come with me. I wanted to talk to you." He sounded a little shy. Nervous, maybe? And Lights smiled at Oli.
"Maybe next time, Boys." She'd stay with Oli.
Kellin led the way to the bar inside the hotel. A few people other than the guys already going followed, leaving Alex behind by himself.
"I'm going to check out my room," he said. "See what they look like, y'know?"
He shrugged and walked off to his room once everyone was gone, wheeling his bag behind him carefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2/?
This chapter was short, but really vital. Hope you liked it!