Status: Work-In-Progress (Being updated)

One of Us Is the Killer

Chapter 5

Between nine and ten o'clock everyone met in the dining room for breakfast. Nothing was cooked for them, so Austin did the honors of cooking up a nice breakfast for everyone. Eggs, french toast, pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, bagels, toast, hash-browns. Everything. He served it buffet style, so everyone helped themselves.
"Anybody need extra syrup? Butter? Oh, peanut butter for their-"
"No!" Vic said quickly. "I'm allergic to nuts!"
Austin nodded. "Okay. Jam? Jelly?"
"I'll take some, please," Lights said politely. Austin nodded. "Bien sûr, Belle." He had a good French accent which impressed Lights. She was Canadian after all, she knew some French.
"He's good," Lights said after Austin walked away. "A nice guy."
Everyone mummered out agreements. But Oli looked from across the table which seated the now nine guests to Lights.
"What makes him so nice?" He tried not to make it obvious he was a little annoyed by that.
Lights shrugged. "I don't know, he's kindhearted. He made breakfast. Brought me coffee this morning with a magazine-"
"Oh yes, so nice," Oli said bitterly.
"Nicer than you," Lights snapped back, crossing her arms.
"You liked me when we showed up yesterday. I should have sent you upstairs with Kellin."
"You're just jealous!"
"Am not!" He flat out lied.
Lights just shook her head and continued eating. "Whatever, Sykes."
Austin brought Lights her jelly and she put it on her bagel sloppily. She was upset. And embarrassed, Oli caused a scene out of nothing.
The two weren't even together. But it was obvious they were crushing on each other big time.
"Everyone sleep good?" Devin asked to fill the awkward air and take everyone's attention off of Lights and Oli.
"Yeah," Kellin said and stirred his coffee. "Better than at home, surprisingly. I usually can't sleep while I'm away."
"How did you possibly sleep!?" Tay asked in shock. "I was up all night thinking about some insane killer coming into my room and killing me!"
Kellin shrugged. "I guess I just don't get scared when I'm tired."
It fell silent again.
"So where did you guys put David?" Vic piped up.
"His bedroom. We put him on his bed," Kellin replied.
"I wonder how he even died..."
"I'm telling you, there's someone here who wants to kill us!" You can see the fear in Tay's eyes as she spoke. But something was a little weird about it.
"There's no killer!" Oli groaned. "David's death could have been a freak accident. Do we know how he died?"
"No," Kellin sighed.
"Damn," Ben spoke for the first time that whole meal. "I was hoping we'd have an idea."
"No clue yet," Austin sighed, too.
"It's a shame," Alex said, speaking for the first time, too. He felt out of place speaking earlier. "David seemed like a good guy. Maybe he killed himself?"
"How?" Vic asked, making Alex shrug.
"Dunno... Could have drank himself to death."
"Come on, he didn't drink that much," Austin defended.
"But it's a possibility," Devin said, standing up with his empty plate, his worried expression back. "But I guess we don't know yet."
He walked off to the kitchen to put his plate in the sink.
"I'm not cleaning," Austin said, standing up. "I cooked."
"I'll do it," Tay said.
"I'll clean up the bar from yesterday," Lights offered.
The men smiled and everyone went their separate ways.

With a sponge and Windex in her hands, Lights scrubbed the bar clean, singing the tune to one of her favorite songs. Oli walked in, making Lights sigh.
"Bars closed," she snapped.
"I'm not here for a drink," Oli leaned against the bar. "I wanna talk to you."
Lights sighed. "About?"
"Breakfast. I'm sorry."
Lights continued cleaning, processing his apology.
"That's it?"
Oli scoffed. "Be lucky you got that much," he smirked.
Lights couldn't help but smile. She couldn't stay mad. But she'd make it seem like she was still upset. "I forgive you... but I'm not too happy."
She turned around to put a bottle of Whisky away when a small glass bottle stuck out to her. She picked it up and examined it, her smile fading in the blink of an eye as she smelt it, her eyes wide as she coughed.
"Well... I know how David died..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I would have updated sooner but I was on vacation in Toronto! But I'm back now. I do start school on Tuesday, though, so I will be busy. I'll try my hardest to update once (hopefully twice) a week!

Chapter 5/?
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!