What Happened to Mommy?

What Happened to Mommy?

Lust ran through her body. Her heart beating with his as one. Body and soul together in unison.
“What is going on here,” exclaimed a rugged man standing in the door way. His face showed mixed emotions. Anger, jealousy, sadness; it all showed in his eyes. The man stares at the woman and man in his bed. His room, his house. The woman starts to get up and covers herself with the red silk sheets.
“It’s not what it looks like,” the woman said quickly.
“It’s not what it looks like! Tell me how it’s not what it looks like Marie. Tell me,” the pained man whispers harshly.
“I’m sorry John. I-I didn’t mean to. I-I was drunk; I didn’t know what I was doing,” Marie tried to explain.
John stomps into the room and smacks her across the face. Hard. The sound resonated throughout the room. Marie, astonished, looks up at her husband and glares.
While this was happening, the other man skillfully slips out of the bed and silently puts his clothes on. Carefully, the man attempts to leave the room only to be stopped in his tracks.
John yells out, “Where do you think you’re going?!.... No. Just go, leave my house and never come back!” The man runs out of the house. All that was heard was the screeching of tires on the road. Only then, was silence heard. This moment only lasted for so long.
“Why? Why do you do this to me? What have I done wrong,” questions the husband.
“What have I done wrong,” mimics Marie,” you haven’t done anything. You haven’t made love to me since we first married. That was six years ago! Nothing you do for me was ever good. You do nothing for me. Period! You are nothing but a hollow man. No emotion. Nothing! ”
“How dare you! I gave you a house, I gave you a car. I helped take care of your child when no one else would, and I do nothing?! You don’t deserve this and you don’t deserve life,” John insanely cries out. He reached out for her and grabs her neck. His hands are like a vice, only to get tighter. Marie claws at his hands, trying to pull away. She attempts to cry out, but no sound is heard. NO breath can be taken. His grip seems to be tighter by the second. His face shows how truly insane he was.
Slowly, her eyes closed and her body fell limp. John lets the body drop to the carpeted floor. He glares intensely at the body for his gaze only to be broken.
A young boy, looking the age of six, walks into the bedroom and stares at the dead woman’s body. The boy’s stare returns to John.
The boy walks closer, “Daddy, what happened to Mommy?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I was assigned the assignment of writing a short story about jealousy. I thought it was good enough to put on here soo it is. Hope you like it!!
If you do, comment and/or rate=]