Status: haha im terrible at updating dont hold ur breath

Another Night, Another Dream Wasted On You

Chapter One

“Aaaahhhh!!!” Holy shit that was a huge spider! I threw a pillow over the monster that was that spider and ran out of the room. I crashed into a slightly taller, yet slimmer boy.

“Zack, what the fuck are you okay?” Jack asked, his hands on my shoulders holding me steady.

“Uh, yeah there was just a really big spider in there,” I explained to him. I could feel myself blushing and I hoped it wasn’t that obvious.

“Oh come on dude grow a pair!” Jack said laughing and letting go of me. I started laughing too because his laugh was always contagious. It was too loud and almost obnoxious but it never failed to lighten my mood.

I started walking with him into the living room of our shared apartment and mumbling under my breath about how it was a really huge spider. Jack, still laughing, asked what I wanted for dinner.

-*-*-

We had decided on pizza for dinner and after we watched a movie. By now it was around 11 and we were both kind of tired.

Jack turned to me, “Hey, I’m getting pretty sleepy. Thinkin of hittin the hay,” A yawn escaped his mouth and his eye lids were drooping; he looked so cute like that. Okay maybe I had a tiny little crush on Jack. I first started looking at Jack like that around 10th grade. He was starting to grow into his lanky weirdness and dyed streaks of his hair blonde. It looked ridiculous, and it still does, but on Jack it looked/looks cute.

“Uh yeah, same actually,” I said and chuckled a little. I still didn’t want to go back to my room, so I stayed on the couch. I layed back and got as comfortable as I could on the worn out furniture.

“You’re sleeping on the couch?” Jack asked. He stretched and his shirt rose up a little, showing off his tummy.

“Uh…. It’s just…” I stuttered out, not wanting to admit that I was still scared of a spider.
Jack looked confused momentarily before breaking out into a wide toothy grin. I looked at him with furrowed brows, “Why are you smiling like that?”

“You’re too scared to sleep in your room now aren’t you?” Jack asked through his smile. I looked down at my feet and nodded slightly.

“Awh Zacky! You can sleep in my room if you want,” Jack said holding his hands out to me. I could feel myself blush but sleeping in Jack’s bed was way better than a couch. Or my bed with or without the spider in there.

I nodded, not looking Jack in the eyes. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up, or tried to pull me up.

“You’re so weak, Jack,” I said laughing at him as I stood up. Jack still had my hands, he let go of one but kept the other and used it to lead me to his room. Wow this seemed a lot more sexual than it actually is.

“So let me show you around the place,” Jack said happily. We both laughed and jack took off his shirt. I gulped and blushed again, damn I need to stop doing that. I was shamelessly looking at Jack’s naked torso.
“You checkin me out Merrick?” Jack said and it broke me out of my trance. Zack you’re just sleeping in his room, its not like you haven’t been this close to him before.

I looked away and stripped to my boxers. Jack had already done so but put on some sweat pants too. He hopped in the bed and patted the place next to him. I walked over and got under the covers. I layed so that we were both faced away from each other.

-*-*-*

It had been about 10 minutes and I couldn’t fall asleep, I kept getting paranoid about that damn spider or started thinking about Jack. I was about to get up and go get some water when I felt a skinny arm snake around my waist. What the hell, Jack?

He pulled me against him and I whipped around to face him. His hand was still on my waist, pulling me closer to him but now we were face to face.

“Um, what are you doing?” I asked Jack in a low whisper.

“Cuddling with you,” Jack answered me, a small smile tugging his lips.

“Yeah but why,” I tried to scoot away from his but Jack had an iron grip on my waist.

“Are you saying you don’t like it,” Jack said and I felt that freaking blush crawl back onto my cheeks.

“Um, no,” I whisper quietly, averting my gaze from Jacks’ own.

“Zack, calm down its only cuddling. Its not like we’re fucking,” my eyes widened and I blushed an even deeper shade of red. Jack laughed quietly, “Go to sleep, Zack.” he said.

I turned around so that my back was facing Jack, he hugged me tighter against his chest and tangled his legs into mine. At first I was shocked, I mean Jack always cuddled with Alex but never with me before. This was kind of new, but I definitely liked it. I know that Jack is just a close cuddling person so I shouldn't be over thinking this but I can’t help it. Here I was in bed with the guy I had a huge crush on for years now. What if he liked me back?

I know it couldn't be true but it was a nice thought. So, as I felt Jack’s warm breath on my neck, I pretended that he was mine and I his. I pretended that we were happily together and we shared lazy kisses on the couch after breakfast and Sunday mornings in bed and going out to dinner every other weekend. I started drifting to sleep when I felt lips brush against my cheek.

“Goodnight Zacky,” Jack whispered into my ear and I fell into a happy slumber. A smile on my lips and a warm body pressed into mine. It felt nice being the little spoon for once. Or maybe it was just nice with because it was with Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
my dog is rubbing his butt hole on the rug