Wonderland

Down the Rabbit Hole

Have you ever wondered where or when your life was about to change?

One day you could be doing what you've always been doing. The same routine over and over until suddenly, that normality is ripped from your fingers and your left with something so different, your own mind cannot comprehend what is going on. It's like being in a different time, a different place where everything you knew was suddenly tossed out the window into the unknown.

This happened to me when I fell down that rabbit hole. Of course when this has happened, I was the tender age of 10. I had run away from home because I was angry that my parents had left me home alone with Nanny Klara. She was a mean woman who never let me play with my toys, or do anything fun for that matter. She truly was an evil woman at heart.

I had discovered this oversized rabbit hole when I had run into the forest in my backyard, in my attempts to hide from Nanny Klara. At the moment when she was only steps away, shouting my name with frustration, I had slid myself into this hole to hide. I expected nothing to come out of it, other then a suitable place to wait for the witch to disappear or travel onwards. I was not expecting however, to fall into a bottomless pit that seemed to travel all the way down into the depths of the very Earth.

The fall was fascinating as I recall. On the way down, the darkness suddenly split into dim shadows and my surroundings were masterpieces of colour, mostly shades of rose red and black. Being young and having a vivid imagination at the current age I had been, when I began to see floating objects such as lamps, portraits and chairs I was unfazed.

I never thought I would ever reach the bottom, until finally I landed surprisingly softly onto a black and red checkered floor. That was the moment I was introduced to the White Rabbit and later down the line, the Red Queen and the infamous Cheshire Cat.

It has been 15 years since I've fallen down that rabbit hole. In my homeland, the place I know call Wonderland, I have aged and grown into adult hood in the depths of the Earth. The White Rabbit had become my friend, a strange fellow indeed. Though he was a rabbit, he had the body of a man and could transform on a whim if need be. It suited him seeing as he was always late and always in a hurry. He had introduced me to the Mad Hatter, the crazy and intelligent man who had taken me under his wing when they realized I was from the Beyond and knew of no way for me to return to which I had come from.

I had met Cheshire through the White Rabbit and the Mad Hatter. He was a unique soul who loved to cause mischief with his way of being able to vanish from sight except for his wide smile of pearly white teeth. Sometimes in the night all you would see was his flashing smile and glowing emerald eyes through the darkness in the trees. He had become my closest ally here in Wonderland, showing me secret paths through the forests and Field of Flowers so they wouldn't take notice and try to eat me again.

He had become a special friend to me as I grew older. Now, at the age of 25 I was a grown woman and a part of Wonderland. I would have dreams of what it was like in the Beyond but that's all they were now; simply dreams. I had no recollection of what my life had been like, who my parents were. Wonderland was my home now, and the unique people were my family.

My name is Alice and this is my story.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I realize that it has been quite some time that I have been on here. I haven't written anything for almost a year or more.

This will probably suck until I can get the hang of writing again. Just so you know, you are warned.