Status: One-shot.

I'm Not Sick

1

“Kellin, babe. Are you ok?” Vic called out as he pounded his fist against the bathroom door of his and Kellin’s shared apartment. It was 2 am and he’d woken up to an empty bed and heaving sounds coming from across the hall. So of course, he went over to inspect the situation.

“Y-yeah, I’m f-” was Kellin’s reply, his sentence being cut off by even more gagging.

“Babe?” Vic didn’t hesitate to walk right in and kneel beside his boyfriend, holding his hair back and running a comforting hand up and down his spine while he emptied the contents of his stomach into the toilet.

It went on like that for several minutes, Kellin resting his head against the porcelain bowl before his chest would heave and he’d start hurling all over again. Vic stayed by his side, grasping Kellin’s soft black locks to protect them from the remains of his dinner.

When Kellin felt like he was done, he wiped his mouth on the back of his sleeve and reached up to flush the chain, then practically collapsed into a ball in Vic’s chest. The elder didn’t hesitate to sweep him up into his arms and carry him back to the bedroom, tucking him into their double bed once he’d removed the boys shirt, he didn’t want him to get overheated. Vic leaned down and kissed Kellin’s forehead before turning to leave the room.

A whine was heard from the bed as Kellin did his best to protest his lover’s departure. So Vic turned to look at him with his eyebrow quirked upward in question. He sighed and obeyed as Kellin raised his hand a made a ‘come here’ motion with his even paler than usual fingers.
“What is it?” he asked when he reached him.

“Where are you going?” Kellin croaked out.

“I’m going to get you some medicine,” was Vic’s simple reply.

“Why?”

“Because you’re sick,” he answered bluntly, getting up once again to find some medication for Kellin.

“I’m not sick!” he shot back in protest, crossing his arms over his chest to make a point.

Kellin never enjoyed being ill, in fact, he hated it. Anything to do with germs and vomit grossed him out to the point where he would deny being ill. Vic had always found this rather amusing, but sometimes Kellin’s stubbornness could lead to him not getting medication because of his refusal to believe that something was wrong.

His voice was stuffy and he seemed to realize this as he threw himself further into the pillow, but not before grabbing onto Vic’s hands and pulling him back yet again.

“Kellin,” he said sternly, a small smile playing on his lips.

“Vic,” the raven haired boy mocked.

Vic chuckled lightly, leaning down and pressing his lips against Kellin’s for a few seconds, earning a giggle from the other male.

“Cuddle me,” Kellin insisted, pulling Vic down even further.

Reluctantly, Vic gave in, making himself comfortable in between the pale sheets and his even paler boyfriend. He brought the boy into his chest, sighing contently as he felt his exposed skin being littered with kisses as Kellin snuggled deeper into him.

“I love you,” he whispered quietly, as if he didn’t want to ruin such a perfect moment.

“I love you too, Kells. But if I get sick, I’m blaming you.”

Kellin laughed as he intertwined his fingers behind the tanned boys back. They stayed like that for a few minutes and Kellin could slowly feel himself being pulled into unconsciousness.

“Hey Vic?” his eyes were drooping closed at this point and he forced himself not to fall asleep just yet.

“Mhm?”

Kellin felt Vic’s chest vibrate underneath him and the feeling just made him even more content. He loved moments like these where they could just hold each other and be okay with doing just that. They didn’t need to be intimate, nor did they need conversation. Just being together was enough to have Kellin’s heart racing an insane amount and his stomach bombarded with butterflies.

“I’m not sick.”
♠ ♠ ♠
heyo