Status: Active

The Place Between the Pines

Prologue

Luke Glanton briskly walked into the carnival that he was going to work in as a motorcycle stunt man, the lights were blazing, and the sounds were overwhelming. He was in a place that he remembered stopping off at a year ago, but it was quite vague, and the city was in fact an unremarkable place. He put on his helmet as he made his way towards the arena, the crowd cheering him on at a distance. The people loved him, young and old. He didn’t do it for the fans; he did it for the money, and for himself. It was a selfish prospect, but he learnt early that he had to take care of himself first before anyone else. He could thank his father for that, for leaving him with a deadbeat Mom at an age when he needed him the most. He couldn’t think about that now, he had a show to do.

“HERE IS THE HANDSOME LUKE GLANTON.” His boss called out as he walked over to the motorcycle that the stunt business provided him. He didn’t favor this one in particular, he much favored his own, but it would have to do. He entered the cage with the other stunt performers, and did the job that the crowds screamed for.

Luke was getting off the motorcycle when he spotted a latino woman making her way towards him, a odd sense of recognition hit him when his gaze met hers. "Hey." He said.

"Do you remember me?" She replied, her head titled.

His mind whirled as he tried to remember her name, and suddenly it him. "Romina?"

She smiled in reply, "You remembered."

"Of course." He looked behind her, "Do you need a ride?" His blue eyes focusing on her hazel ones. He wasn't much of a talker, he had more of a way with action than words. In a single glance, or move he could say much more than what words could convey.

"Is that all have you to say, after what happened between us?" Romina gave him a desperate look, as if wanting something more than what he could ever possibly give.

Luke sighed, and lifted a hand to go through his blonde hair. "I don't know what you want me to say."

"I'd like for you to at least acknowledge what we had."

He threw his hands up, "Acknowledge what? You know what kind of job I had, what I still have."

"So I was just a one nightstand for you?" Romina didn't let him reply before she turned around and walked away.

He let her go for only a moment, but knew inside he would regret it, and pushed himself off the motorcycle to catch up with her. "Romina.." He said, grabbing her arm to stop her from moving any further.

"What?" She spat, turning to face him.

"I want to give you a ride, let me. Please?" He paused, licking his lips. "Look, I know what we had- okay? I'm not denying it, I just don't know what you want me to do."

Romina shook her head, "You can drop me off at my house." Was all she said.

Luke nodded, still not letting go of her arm as he walked over to his own beloved motorcycle. He handed her his helmet, and climbed onto it. "Can we go some where, at least?" He asked.

She followed his actions, and wrapped her arms around his waist to keep from flying off the bike. "I can't."

"Why not?" He persisted, looking over his shoulder to glance at her face.

"Luke, please."

He sighed, and hung his head. He wouldn't persist, for now- he wasn't going to make any promises when they arrive at her house though.

Luke revved up the motorcycle, and drove off into the night- not completely diminishing the thought of how nice it felt to have Romina this close to him. He may have left her a year ago, but his old feelings for her were still there and kept on growing at the mere sight of her. He didn't know what he wanted, but he wanted something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, ever since I watched The Place Beyond The Pines (amazing movie for what its worth!) I wanted to rewrite the main storyline. It bothered me that Luke died so early in the movie, especially when he just learned that he was a father- and had wanted to fulfill that responsibility to its fullest extent. And so here is a filler (if you will) of what I've already written and have come up with. I didn't want to post any more because I want your guys opinion on this- shall I continue or no?

I have a lot of ideas for this story, and I'm kind of excited to write them all down. So tell me what you think, okay? And oh I changed the title for copyright infringement reasons- stupid name but what can ya do?

Anyway uhh enjoy and I'll be posting a new chapter for Downfall soon- sorry been busy with life and such!