Wasted.

prologue

She stood at his door like so many times before. Her hand was hovered above the green painted door. The tears were dried on her cheeks and her lips were chapped. Shallow, short breaths escaped her and her body began to tremble. Closing her eyes tight, she pushed back the tears and stumbled back to the wall behind her. When her back hit the wall, she slid down to the floor and buried her face in her hands. Curling her knees into her small frame, she sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.

She heard the door unlock and squeak open. His footsteps were light and she could hear his disappointed sigh. Lifting her face up from her hands, her green eyes met his warm brown ones. He shook his head and knelt down in front of her, holding out his hand. Slowly, she outreached her shaking hand to him. He was so soft and warm, she gentle with her it was so foreign.

"I'm sorry," she spoke out in a rough and scratchy voice. It was apparent she had been crying and screaming for quite a while. He closed his eyes and shook his head, pulling her onto her feet. She trembled a bit, but he steadied her and placed his free hand under her chin. He wiped away her tears with a single stroke of his rough thumb and gave her a weak smile. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry, I'm---"

"Stop it, Martie," he told her firmly. "Just stop." It was barely over a whisper, but it was hard enough to make her stop apologizing. Letting her head fall between her thin shoulders, Martie started to sob again. Zayn Malik pulled her into him and let out a soft sigh, gently rubbing circles into her back. It was the same thing every Friday night, it never ended. Shushing her, Zayn let her go and nodded towards his apartment door.

"I'm---"

"I know," Zayn stopped her, "Get yourself cleaned up, I'll order some food."

Martie looked at him and sniffled, nodding her head sadly. She walked into his apartment and Zayn stood out in the hallway for a moment longer. Running his fingers through his hair, Zayn licked his lips and made his way inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been in a One Direction mood.
So I've decided to make a short story.
Thoughts?