Wasted.

solved

She had made up her mind, the solution was simple.

Zayn said he couldn't do it anymore and without him, she knew she couldn't do it either. She needed him to be there for her. When he asked what she was going to do, she told him that she knew. The truth was, she really didn't know what to do. Her husband was abusive and powerful, she was merely a young women scared and lost. She didn't want to face him, fight him, tell him she was leaving. If she said any of that to him what was going to stop him from killing her. He would never let her leave him, never in a million years.

If she couldn't get away and Zayn wouldn't be there to help her. The only logical thing to do was to remove herself from the equation. Her husband wouldn't be home until later that night, which gave her enough time to put her plan into action. She was going to do something that she never believed she would be able to do. Something she believed to be wrong and selfish, but currently it was the only solution. She knew that there was probably another way out, but this one seemed like the easiest way.

A painless way.

She was looking through her photo album from her younger years. Curled on her couch in her favorite pajama bottoms and her One Direction t-shirt. She smiled with every page she flipped. Pictures from good times at the park with the boys. Images of simpler times like giving her dog a bath in the backyard, birthday parties with her twin nieces, getting her first paycheck from McDonalds. All those memories and images were in that little photo album.

She reached the last page and sighed softly when she saw Zayn's face. They were sitting on the back porch at her twentieth birthday. She was wearing this goofy glitter cone like hat and he was wearing those oversized sunglasses with those hawaiian leis wrapped around his neck. It was a great night, they were all happy and just enjoying life. It wasn't much after that night that she met her husband. Swallowing hard, Martie felt the tears rolling down her cheek and fall onto the photo album page. She shook her head and wiped the tear from the page.

Getting up, Martie closed the photo album and laid it on the coffee table. She sighed softly and went to get her phone from her purse that was sitting on the breakfast bar. When she got over to it and dug around, she plucked the phone out and went into her contacts list.

"Zayn," she said softly when she clicked on his name. She was going to send him a message, one that would express how much she appreciated him. Biting her lip, Martie started typing an apology, a confession, and a farewell.

As she finished the message, she pressed the send button and put her phone down on the counter.

It was time.

She was going to put an end to all her suffering.