Wasted.

goodbye

Zayn was sitting on the dark red couch, watching Louis and Harry goofing around on the set of the photo shoot. He laughed as they played leap frog across the studio. There antics were enough to pick anyone up for the rest of the day. He sighed softly and looked down at the glass coffee table. It was littered with several magazines and a tissue box with a lovely glass vase filled with white roses. He leaned forward and gently stroked the velvet white rose.

"You okay?" Liam asked, walking over with a Starbuck coffee cup in his hands. He sat down beside Zayn and looked at him. "You're thinking about Martie," he stated rather than asked.

"Is it that obvious?" Zayn queried with a laugh. He sat back in the cushions of the couch and looked up at the ceiling. His eyes followed the metal pipes and blinding florescent lights. "She's got me worried, Liam." He ran his fingers through his hair and shook his head.

"Martie's a tough girl," Liam assured him, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, she was," Zayn replied, causing Liam to frown. It was not hard to tell that Martie had been stripped of everything. She was lying broken on the ground. She was fractured and cracked. Zayn didn't know how much longer she would keep fighting. To him he saw fear and embarrassment. Knowing that, Zayn believed that Martie may either accept life as it was or do something drastic.

"Was?" Liam repeated softly.

"Don't tell me you don't see it," Zayn said gruffly. "She's not the girl she was three years ago."

"I agree, she isn't," Liam stated with a single nod. He put his cup down on the glass table and turned to looking right at Zayn. Letting out a breath, Liam tried to think of the words to encourage Zayn to go to her. All the boys knew Zayn was in love with Martie. "She's crying out to you, she wants your help."

"I can't help her," the young man replied, pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger. He wanted to help her, but Martie didn't want to help herself. No matter what he said or did, Martie just rejected it all. Zayn knew it was because she was afraid, but that fear was going to be the end of her. "I want to, but she won't even help herself."

"I know that you've tried, but prove to her that everything will be alright," Liam said softly, clapping him on the shoulder.

"How could she not know?" Zayn asked his friend. "Anything is better than being with that monster."

His phone vibrated in his pocket.

Reaching into his pocket, Zayn plucked out his phone and saw it was a text message from Martie. Blinking a few times, Zayn entered his passcode and went to see what the message was. In his heart, he hoped it said that she was leaving her lousy husband and needed a place to stay. In the back of his mind, he feared it would be a goodbye.

Zayn, I'm so sorry for everything that I have done. I'm sorry for the pain I caused you and I'm sorry for being a burden. I'm just sorry. I hope you can forgive me.

I want to tell you the truth. I am in love with you. I love you, Zayn. I want you to know that before this is all over. I love you.

You are the greatest friend, take care of yourself.

Goodbye, love.


Zayn started shaking as he held the phone, reading the message. His jaw clenched tightly and tears started to spill down his cheeks. He felt like he couldn't breathe, he didn't even know what to think. His heart started racing.

"What's the matter, Zayn?" Liam asked, noticing the sudden change in his band mate.

"Martie," Zayn breathed and jumped up from the couch, sprinting across the room. He had dropped his phone on the floor, but he didn't care. Something was wrong, Martie was going to do something. He could feel it. She was going to do the unthinkable and he had to stop her, he had too.

"Hey where's Zayn going in such a hurry?" Harry asked as he saw Zayn charge out the doors of the studio. He began walking over to Liam, who was picking up Zayn's phone. "He dropped his phone? What's happened?" Harry asked, peering over Liam's shoulder as they began to read the message that Martie had sent their friend.

"Oh my god," Liam whispered, shaking his head as he read the message.

"We have to go!" Harry shouted to Louis and Niall. The two boys were chatting over by the snack bar and looked at Harry in confusion. He was slipping on his black leather jacket while Liam was dialing a number into a phone. "It's Martie!" Harry explained as he and Liam were heading out the door.

He didn't have to tell them twice, they were following right behind. Louis began firing off questions about what was happening and Harry explained that she'd sent a message to Zayn. It seemed like it was a suicide note.

"You don't think she'd kill herself?" Niall asked in a worried tone as they got out onto the streets of London.

"Yes paramedics to 94 Kings Briar, our friend is trying to attempt suicide," Liam said quickly into the phone as they all started piling into Harry's car. "Hurry please!"

Stepping on the gas pedal, Harry zipped out of the parking space and started driving down the road towards Martie's house. All of them hoping they wouldn't be too late.