Wasted.

breathe

It was like she was floating in midair with nothing to worry about. She felt as though she were merely about to fall asleep. Her lids were growing heavier by the minute. Everything would be better soon, all the pain, sorrow, and tears could finally end. She could be at peace, she wouldn't have to worry anymore.

She couldn't move anymore. Her body was just floating in the white tub and the water was coming higher and higher. It was calming in a way nothing like she was expecting. Her arm was hanging over the edge of the tub, holding onto the orange pile bottle.

Clank-clank-clank!

It fell from her hand and bounced on the tile floor several times. The sound was echoing in her ears, but she didn't have the will to do anything about it. Her eyes were drooping closed and she could feel the cold water on her face as she began slumping down into the tub. Embracing the feeling, Martie let her eyes fall closed and let nature do what it would.

In a few more moments everything just faded into darkness.

BANG! BANG!

"Martie!" Zayn shouted as he pounded on her front door. "Martie! Open the damn door! Martie!" He tried twisting the knob, but it was no use. Panic was beginning to wave over him and he took a step back. His eyes darted to the side window, but all the lights were off. Zayn bit his lip and started pounding on the door again, begging for Martie to open the door.

Running down the front steps of the small porch, Zayn ran to the other end of the town home. He skidded to a stop in front of the basement entry. Coming over to it, he jogged down the steps and went to the door. twisting the handle, he cursed to find it too was locked. Biting his lip, Zayn looked to the potted plants by the entrance. Gasping, the handsome young lad moved the planters around until he found a silver key.

Making his way back to the front door, Zayn quickly inserted the key and slammed it open. He was panting heavily and looked around the foyer. It was like no one was home, the lights were off, it was clean, and it was silent as the grave. Licking his lips, Zayn looked to the stairwell and darted on up.

"Martie! Where are you?" Zayn shouted as he walked down the hallway. He first went into the master bedroom. The bed was made with it's beautiful black and white comforter, the pillows were nicely fluffed, and it looked like a page out of a magazine. Turning on his heels, Zayn walked to the guest room. "Martie!"

Walking back out, Zayn went to the last door of the hallway. He reached out for the silver handle of the door. It wouldn't twist though, causing him to suck in a breathe. Knocking on the door several times, Zayn called out to Martie and tried to rattle the door free. Unfortunately, it wouldn't budge.

Cursing, Zayn stepped away from the door and kicked it several times. He heard the creaking of the door frame and panted heavily, kicking the door again and again. After one more powerful kick, the door flung open. Barging into the bathroom, Zayn gasped when he saw Martie laying in the tub. When he got to the edge of the tub, he fell onto his knees and picked Martie up from the tub.

His eyes were watering as he looked at her pale face. Her lips were turning blue and she wasn't breathing. Shaking his head, Zayn shook her a bit. He begged her to open her eyes, but it was futile. He looked around the bathroom floor and cursed when he saw the orange bottle.

"Martie, I'm not letting you do this," Zayn whispered to her as he put his hand in the water of the bathtub. He Touched her face with his hands and stared at her pale face. Opening her mouth, Zayn titled her head and stuck his fingers into her mouth. He'd make her throw-up every last pill, he wasn't going to let her die. "Come on, Martie, don't give up," he whispered as he waited for her to have a reaction.

Seconds later, Martie gagged and starting throwing-up the pills she had swallowed a few minutes ago. Sighing in relief, Zayn took his fingers out of her mouth and patted her back gently as she continued to vomit on the floor.

After she finished, Martie fell against Zayn and he held her close. He gently stroked her hair and told her that she would be okay. Martie was very out of it though, hardly able to make sense of anything. She couldn't forget his warm and gentle touch though. Her eyes fluttered open for a moment and she glanced up at him.

"You're going to be okay, Martie," he assured her with a soft smile. "I'm here for you. Always."
♠ ♠ ♠
New story: A Drop in the Ocean