Wasted.

happily

"It's crooked," Zayn said as he was lounging on the couch with his feet propped up on the wooden coffee table Martie huffed and placed her hands on her hips as she turned around and glared at him. "I'm just saying." He shrugged his shoulders and laughed when she threw a pencil at him. He managed to deflect it and stood up from the couch.

He walked over to the painting and nudged it a little to the left and took a step back.

"That's crooked!" Martie chuckled as she pointed at the painting that was obviously tilted.

"No, that's perfectly straight thank you very much," Zayn said, holding a thumb up and closing one eye as he examined the handiness of his work. Martie only rolled her eyes and walked up to the painting pushing it back towards the right. "Hey!" Zayn snorted at Martie.

"This is straight, Zayn," Martie assured him, batting her pretty lashes at him.

"Yeah, if straight is like across the street," Zayn grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Hey! I'm the woman therefore I am automatically correct," Martie pointed out with a giggle as she turned to face Zayn. She put her arms around his shoulders and pushed herself onto her toes, pressing her lips to his.

He resisted at first, but quickly wrapped his arms around her and spun her around in a circle. She squealed in excitement and laughed happily. After a couple of spins, he put her back down and kissed her forehead.

Martie wasn't the girl she was two years ago. She was the girl Zayn knew from when they were teenagers. She was bubbly, happy, and so full of life. He loved everything about that Martie, she was so beautiful and she was all his.

"Better start getting dinner ready," Martie said with a smile as she pulled free from Zayn's warm embrace. "The boys will be over soon."

"How about we just cancel and do something else?" Zayn said, taking her hand. He laced his fingers with hers and spun her back into his chest. He kissed the crook of her neck and took in her honey sweet scent. "I mean, we see the all the time."

"You were the one who invited them, if you recall," Martie chuckled, turning around to look at Zayn. She rubbed the tip of her nose against his. "Besides I already have those cakes in the oven."

"I'll eat them," Zayn said and Martie giggled, shaking her head.

"I know you will," she said poking his stomach. He chuckled and let go of her as she danced over to the kitchen. As he watched her, he leaned against the archway that split the living room from the kitchen. Martie was humming a tune while gathering up the silverware to start setting the table. She was a different girl, warm and beautiful. The way he loved her, the way he always wanted her to be, the way she deserved to be. "What?" Martie asked with a blush on her cheeks when she noticed Zayn staring at her.

"I'm just glad to see you happy," Zayn replied and Martie smiled at him, happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.
Check out my Harry Styles story: Midnight Memories