My Twisted Teenage Romance

Chapter 4

I put the movie in the DVD player and hit play. Jason was on the couch and I flopped down next to him. Just as the movie was about to start I got a text.

''Ooh, I'm vibrating.'' I said, wiggling my eyebrows and Jason laughed.

'Open the door bitch'

''Jenny's at the door.'' I said, pausing the movie and getting up. I went and opened the door for her.

''Ta da!'' she said excitedly, holding up a green apron that read 'The Spot'.

''You got the job!'' I said and hugged her.

''She just wanted my résumé for taxes or something like that, she hired me as soon as I handed it to her!'' she said

''Jason! She got it!'' I called at him and he came quickly to the front door.

''Congrats!'' he said, hugging her.

The three of us walked back into the living room and Jenny sat in between Jason and me on the couch.

''The Covenant?'' Jenny asked as I picked up the remote.

''What else do we watch?'' I laughed and pressed play.

''Wait, wait, wait, the only way to watch this movie is in the dark!'' Jenny said, hopping up and quickly closing all the curtains and shutting out the lights.

Halfway through the movie, I really had to pee. I jumped up and paused the movie.

''Hey!'' Jenny and Jason groaned.

''I have to pee!'' I said and then jumped over the back of the couch on my way to the bathroom.

I got to the bathroom, did my business and then came back to the living room where Jenny and Jason were in a heated argument, which sounded more like Jenny trying to convince Jason of something.

''Oh come on, just a little one right here.'' she said, touching his eyebrow.

''My mom would kill me!'' Jason said, pushing her hand away.

''No she wouldn't! I asked her last week!'' Jenny said triumphantly.

''Face it Jason, you're a chicken shit!'' I said, hopping back over the couch and landing in between them.

''So! Just cause you two can do the whole piercing thing doesn’t mean I can.'' he whined

''Jenny will get her lip done if you get yours.'' I said and Jenny nodded excitedly.

''But she's done it before!'' Jason whined.

''So!'' Jenny and I said at the same time.

Jason was the only one out of the three of us who didn’t have any piercings. Jenny had her nose and cartilage done and I had the right side of my lip pierced and my cartilage.

''It wouldn’t even look that good.'' he said, trying to convince us to let him off. We'd been on his back about getting pierced since Jenny and I got out cartilage done together.

''Yes it would.'' Jenny said

''And you know it.'' I added.

''Are you ever going to leave me alone about this?' he asked hopelessly.

''Nope.'' we both answered.

''Fine…. I'll do it.'' he said quietly.

''SERIOUSLY?'' I asked, crazy excited, we'd only ever gotten him to think about it before.

''Yea, I guess we can go tomorrow.'' he said and I got the feeling that he was going to back out by morning. I looked to Jenny who seemed to be thinking the same thing.

''Actually the place we go to is open until ten tonight.'' Jenny said with an evil grin and Jason's eyes widened.

''Really, it's ok we can wait until tomorrow.'' he said, slightly sliding away from us on the couch.

''OR we could do it for you!'' she said and he looked almost terrified.

''Yea! I think I've got a needle around here somewhere!'' I added for effect.

''So Nikki, did you want to drive?'' he asked, quickly changing the subject.

''We love you Jason.'' I said as I took his keys.

''That’s what you tell me.'' he mumbled as Jenny dragged him out the door.

I skipped happily out to Jason's car, unlocking the doors with his remote and opening the back door for him and Jenny. She shoved him in the back seat and jumped in behind him then I got into the drivers seat.

''Please be closed, please be closed.'' I heard Jason mumbling in the back seat and I laughed at him, there was no way he was getting out of this.

I pulled out of the driveway and drove quickly down my street. As soon as we hit the shopping district I saw Jason tense up through the rear view mirror.

''Look at that, it's open and everything.'' Jenny said happily as we pulled into one of the spots in front of the shop. Jason groaned and Jenny quickly opened the door.

''I do hope Junior is in today, he's done all of our piercings.'' I said as I got out and started to look through my pocket for change to put in the meter.
I put a dollar into the meter, giving us an hour. It doesn't take that long, but I figured Jason would want to try and convince us not to make him go through with it.

''Come on Jason.'' Jenny sang as she pulled him out of the car.

''I'm coming, I'm coming.'' He mumbled, walking reluctantly up to the shop.

Pins and Needles was its name. Jenny and I had been there a grand total of four times and were rather friendly with the owner of the place Junior and his sister Blaire. Junior was six foot five, had long black hair that he pulled back into a pony tail, and his arms were covered in tattoos done either by himself or Blaire. Blaire looked a lot like Junior, she was relatively tall, also had long black hair that she kept in pigtails but she was more a fan of piercings. She had a ring in either eyebrow, snakebites; at least eight piercings in each ear and her nose had a small gold ring in it. She only had a few tattoos on her arms and one across her lower back.

As we walked into the shop, the bell on the door jingled and Blaire looked up from the laptop she was working on.

''Nikki! Jenny! You brought us a friend!'' she said happily as Jenny dragged Jason up to the counter.

''Hey Blaire! Is junior here?'' Jenny asked, holding firmly onto Jason's arm, probably to keep him from running.

''Yea, he's in the back, do you want him to do your friend?'' Blaire asked, nodding towards Jason.

''Yea, then you can do Jenny at the same time.'' I said, leaning on the counter.

''We're getting our lips done, Jason here is in desperate need of piercings.'' Jenny said with a grin.

''Sounds good, JUNIOR!'' Blaire hollered to the back room.

''COMING!'' he called back and within seconds, was standing at the counter next to Blaire.

''Ladies, good to see you.'' he said, and Jenny and I smiled.

'' Hey Junior, we need you to pierce our friend.'' I said with a grin.

''Where does he want it?'' Junior asked, looking questioningly at Jason.

''Right here!'' Jenny said, pointing to the right side of Jason's bottom lip.

''And me to!'' she added after Jason cleared his throat.

''Alright then, right this way'' Junior said, walking into the back room. Jason seemed frozen in place so I pushed him towards the back.

Jenny skipped happily in front of us, almost hitting her head on the doorway. We went into the back and Jason sat nervously on a stool near where junior was standing. Jenny dragged another stool over next to him and sat down, much less nervous.

''If you want I'll hold your hand.'' I joked and Jason glared at me.

''Do you guys have rings picked out?'' Blaire asked and Jenny nodded and handed her her lip ring. Jason shook his head and I rolled my eyes. I quickly went to thee front and picked out a silver stud for him. I hurried back and handed it to Junior.

''Very nice.'' he said and put it into some sterilizing solution. He sterilized the needle he was using to do Jason's lip and Blaire did the same.

''Ready?'' Blaire asked, Jenny nodded eagerly and Jason gulped. I took his hand and he looked at me then squeezed it.

''On three, one, two,'' Blaire said and Jason looked at anything but what was happening in front of him. He was such a baby.

''Three!'' Blaire and Junior said and in identical swift movements, both Jenny and Jason's lips were pierced.

''Yay!'' I said as Junior put Jason's stud in. Jason let out a long breath and I saw him run his tongue over his new piercing.

''I love it!'' Jenny said, looking ecstatically at Jason.

''And it didn't even hurt now did it?'' I asked playfully and Jason nudged me with his shoulder. He looked adorable with a lip ring and I suddenly felt sorry for the girls who would fall helplessly for him in the near future.

Junior explained how to clean it and gave them each a bottle of cleaning solution. We went to the front counter, paid and then we were out the door.

''Thanks guys!'' Jenny called as we left.

We got out to the car and there was still half an hour left on the meter so we decided to walk around town a bit. We walked up and down the main strip twice and then decided to go to The Spot for a coffee.

''That's what I'll get you for your birthday then!'' Jenny said after Jason complained that he only had the one stud for his lip.

As we walked in the bell jingled and the people working the counter instinctively looked up. I looked to the counter and stopped dead in my tracks. There leaning casually over the counter as he made small talk with one of the servers was Jacob.

''What the hell Nikki!'' Jenny said after walking into me.

''Jason! Look!'' I whispered and he smiled.

''Go talk to him!'' Jason said, pushing me towards Jacob.

He was wearing dark skinny jeans, black converse and a black t-shirt with a black and white striped sweater over top. His hair was covering his right eye and he had on black eyeliner. He took his coffee, paid the server and turned towards the door, where I was still standing.

''What the hell am I going to say? '' I asked myself

''Nikki! Hey!'' Jacob said, walking gracefully towards me. Jason ushered Jenny towards a table and away from Jacob and me.

''Hi Jacob.'' I said, moving out of the door and towards him.

''I didn't think I'd see you again.'' he said and he sounded almost happy.

''Yea me either.'' I said, smiling.

''D'you come here a lot?'' he asked.

''Actually yea, we practically live here, and Jenny works here so yea. What about you? I've never even seen you in this part of town.'' I said, I hadn't actually seen him in any part of town.

''I've only been here once before but now that I know you're here a lot, I might come more often.'' he said with a smile and I was suddenly mesmerized by how beautiful he was.

''Well I better get going, Andrew and Sage get moody if their coffee's cold.'' He laughed and I had no clue who he was talking about.

''Andrew and Sage?'' I asked.

''Oh right! They're my brothers!'' he laughed

''Andrew's the oldest, then me, then Sage. They couldn't make it to the party.'' he explained.

''Oh! I knew that.'' I said with a grin.

''So I'll see you later?'' he said and I had to quickly pull myself together if I was ever going to get some words out.

''Yea, I'll talk to you later.'' I said and he smiled again before walking straight out the door.

''Who was that?'' Jenny asked as I sat down at our table.

''Jacob, don't you remember him? From the party?'' I asked and her expression was blank.
I laughed and explained to her everything she had forgotten about two nights ago.