My Twisted Teenage Romance

Chapter 8

I pushed the door open enough to fit through and slipped inside. Inside that washroom it was a very stereotypical men's washroom. Disgusting. there was toilet paper stuck to the ceiling, walls and some stall doors. I could see puddles around the sinks and urinals, about the latter, I didn't even want to think about.
I pushed open the door to the first stall with my elbow, the toilet was over flowing with toilet paper. I opened the next stall only to find the same thing, but the third time was the charm. I rushed inside and with some effort, locked the door. I sat down and relieved myself, I had never felt so relieved in all my life. I stood up and flushed, pushing the lever with my foot, then tried to open the stubborn lock on the door.

I had just got the lock to budge when I heard the bathroom door open. I froze in place, between the stall door and the door jam I could see the two guys that had just walked in. I stepped back from the door and stepped up onto the toilet, squatting with both feet on the seat. My heart was pounding as I remained as silent as humanly possible, until they left, I was as good as a prisoner.

''Naw man, if they put him on instead of Wright, they'd have no chance making the tough shots.'' one guys said.

''But they'd have a better chance at getting the puck in the first place.'' the other guy said. They went silent as they went to the urinals and I tried to shut out the sound, it was the last thing I needed to hear right now.

''Why am I even in here! I'm so stupid!'' I criticized myself.

I heard the door open again and two more guys walked in.

''Stupid, stupid, stupid!'' I continued.

I could see through the crack that all the guys had moved to stand around the sink and were talking and laughing loudly.

The door opened again.

''Great! Just what I need! More of them! I'm so stupid, stupid, stupid- SAVED!''
The fifth guy who had walked in, was none other then my favourite person in the world at that very moment.

''Jacob!'' I whispered as he passed my stall. He stopped and looked questioningly at the door.

''Jacob, save me!'' I whispered.

''Nikki?'' he whispered, his eyes going wide.

''Yes! Help!'' I whispered and he went into the stall next to me.

''What are you doing in here?'' he said through the wall. The guys outside looked questioningly at his door.

''I'm trapped, give me your phone.'' I said

''How did you get trapped?'' he said, passing me his phone under the door. He had a black LG chocolate phone. I slid it open and went into the text messaging.

The women's washroom was closed and I really had to go!

I typed and then passed the phone back under for him to take. I heard him laugh quietly and a minute later he passed it back.

And why can't you just leave?

Did you not see all the guys out there?

What do you want me to do?

Get them out!

And how do you expect me to do that? This is the men's washroom.

I dunno, but do something before I'm stuck in here all night!

That would be pretty funny.

DO SOMETHING!

Alright, alright, calm down. I have an idea.

I closed his phone and passed it back to him, praying that his idea was a good one. I heard his stall door open and he walked over to where the other guys were standing, his walking was strangely feminine. He joined the group the guys were standing in and stood with one hand on his hip, which he stuck out to one side. I covered my mouth to keep from laughing, I knew exactly what his idea was.

''Hi guys.'' he said with an emphasis on the 's'.

''Sup?'' a few guys answered, the others stared at him, trying to figure him out.
These guys were so obviously straight, so Jacob hitting on them would be the perfect method to clear the bathroom.

''Oh my god, I love your shirt, where'd you get it?'' he was exaggerating a lot and I could see it making some of the guys uncomfortable.

''Store.'' the guy mumbled, stepping away from Jacob.

''And who are you?'' Jacob asked and I saw him wink at one of the guys. I bit my tongue to keep from laughing.

''Yo, we're gonna miss the movie.'' one of the guys said, nodding towards the door.

''Later.'' one of the guys mumbled as he passed Jacob.

''I'll see you later!'' Jacob said, giving them a very girly wave. The door closed behind the guys and I fell out of the stall, laughing so hard that my face hurt.

''Jacob, that was- too- funny!'' I said as I laughed.

''I try.'' he said with a charming grin. I took deep breaths and tried to regain my composure.

''We should get out of here.'' he said and I nodded. He went to the door and walked out, I went behind him, doing my best to stay hidden. The guys form inside the bathroom were standing in the hall, one of them caught sight of Jacob and they all started to walk away. Jacob and I started to laugh.

''I owe you- so much.'' I said as I tried to catch my breath again.

''Got that right.'' he laughed.

''We should get back to the theatre, people will think we got kidnapped.'' I said as we started to walk slowly down the hall.

''Me? Get kidnapped? Not a chance. You? Definitely.'' he said with a grin and I smacked him.

''We don’t have to go back.'' I said with a small smile.

''Yea, we could ditch.'' he said, apparently he didn’t want to go back either.

''Would we really do that to them?'' I asked, thoughtfully.

''Oh yea.'' he laughed and I grinned.

''And where do you propose we go?'' I asked.

''I have an idea.''

''Well aren't you just full of those tonight.'' I said with a grin.

We had reached the lobby, which by this time of the night was filled to the brim with moviegoers. Jacob pushed through the crowd easily but I fell behind. I stopped and jumped as I tried to see over the crowd and find him.

''Commere you.'' a voice said and a hand started to pull me through the crowd. It was Jacobs.

When we got outside it was much less crowded and it had cooled down quite a bit.

''So where are we going?'' I asked as we got into his car.

''You'll see.'' he said, starting the car.

''If you hadn't realized already, I don't do very well with surprises.'' I said and he laughed a bit.

''We can change that.'' he said with a smile and my knees went weak, if I hadn't been sitting down I might have fallen over.

We drove to almost the other side of town before we turned off onto the back roads. We drove for ten minutes on the back roads until he pulled to a stop. It was too dark to see anything except a light coming from a point that I couldn’t make out. He got out of the car and walked around to open the door for me. I got out and realized that we were parked on the grass, my eyes still refused to adjust so I stumbled as I stood up.

''Where are we? And how can you see!'' I asked, as my eyes tried desperately to get used to the dark.

''It doesn’t have a name, I found it a while ago and I come here sometimes, just to be alone.'' he said, guiding me forward.

''Well you'll have to bring me back in the daytime, because I can't see anything.'' I said, clinging to him so that I wouldn't trip.

''Here, don't look at the light, it makes it harder.'' he said and turned me so that the light was to my back.
After that my eyes quickly adjusted and I could see again. We were on a cliff, and the light was coming from a lighthouse on the other side of the water. Between us and the lighthouse there was nothing but water, it was beautiful.

''Jacob, it's amazing.'' I said, looking out over the water that shone with the reflection from the lighthouse.

''Yea.'' he sighed and I turned to look at him, he was looking at me.

''Why do you look at me like that?'' I asked, blushing a bit.

''Like what?'' he asked, playing dumb I assumed.

''Like when you adjust the mirrors in your car so that you can see me.'' I said and he smiled.

''Dunno.'' was his answer.

''You don't know?'' I asked.

''Not a clue.'' he said, grinning.

''You're so….Jacob.'' I sighed.

He walked to the car and sat on the hood, leaning back on the windshield.

''Come look.'' he said, gesturing for me to join him.

''At?'' I asked, walking towards the car.

''I'm never going to get up there.'' I said, standing at the front of the car with my hands on my hips. I did not have that kind of coordination. He smiled and leaned forward, holding out a hand to me. I took it and he pulled me up onto the car next to him. I leaned back like he had and looked up at the sky where an uncountable amount of twinkling lights dotted it.

''And if you turn your head you can see it.'' he said and I turned my head, I couldn't see anything that wasn't there before.

''See what?'' I asked.

''Nothing, I just wanted to see if you would turn your head.'' he said with a grin.

''You're such an idiot.'' I laughed, smacking his shoulder.

''An idiot who coincidently keeps saving you from whatever ails you.'' he said, sounding like quite a know it all.

''An idiot who still has my clothes.'' I said, turning my head on the side to that I could look at him.

''Hey, I didn't take them off.'' he said, holding up his hands to emphasize his innocence.

''And I didn't tell you to keep them, but maybe you just needed another excuse to see me.'' I said playfully.

''You never know.'' he said with a wink and I shook my head.

''You really are an idiot.'' I said through a yawn.

''Getting tired?'' he asked.

''No.'' I said. Actually I was extremely tired, I had barely slept the night before because I couldn't get comfortable.

''Well, its 10:30, so I wouldn't blame you.'' he said.

''So? It's Friday night I'm not supposed to be tired.'' I laughed.

''Well maybe if you were doing something a little more interesting.'' he said, rolling his eyes exaggeratedly.

''And what do you propose?'' I asked, through another yawn.

''Come with me.'' he said, hopping off the car.

''Should I be afraid?'' I asked and he held out a hand to pull me off the car.

''Watch your step.'' he said, leading me down a very steep hill.

My walk turned into a slight run as we reached the bottom of the hill and I soon realized that we were at the base of the cliff. He walked to the edge of the water and slipped his shoes off.

‘’What are we doing?’’ I asked, wondering if he seriously wanted me to go into the water.

‘’Swimming.’’ he said simply.

‘’Swimming? Now?’’ I asked, thinking he was insane.

‘’Yes now, come on.’’ he said, walking back towards me.

‘’But I-I-I don’t even have a bathing suit.’’ I stuttered, looking for any excuse not to get in the water.

‘’Do I look like I have a bathing suit?’’ he asked, gesturing towards his clothes.

‘’No but I just- its gonna be cold!’’ I said, still fishing for a useable excuse.

‘’Will you just trust me?‘’ he said and the look on his face was impossible to say no to.

‘’Fine.’’ I mumbled.

‘’And take your clothes off.’’ he added with a grin.

‘’Why can’t I just swim with my clothes on?’’ I asked, folding my arms.

‘’If you want to be wet for the rest of the night that’s your prerogative.’’ he said shrugging.

He reached to the bottom of his shirt and pulled it swiftly over his head. Much to my disappointment he was wearing a black wife beater underneath. He folded his arms and looked at me, I rolled my eyes and took my sweater off, leaving myself in a yellow tank top. He took his pants off and was down to his wife beater and boxers, I looked at him and blushed when he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

‘’Sorry but my pants aren’t coming off.’’ I said and he sighed with mock disappointment.

‘’Fine then, keep your pants on.’’ he said, using reverse psychology.

‘’I will.’’ I said, taking my shoes off.

‘’So jump in.’’ he said when I just stood there.

‘’For all I know, these are shark infested waters, you go first.’’ I said, nodding towards him.

‘’I will.’’ he mocked and with that dove gracefully into the water.
It looked freezing but he resurfaced in no time, smiling.

‘’Come on, your turn.’’ he said, treading water.

I closed my eyes and jumped in. I was suddenly in a silent void, floating, with no sense of direction. The water was too dark, I couldn’t tell which way was up or down. I started to panic, what if I couldn’t find my way to the surface? What if I drown?

‘’Jacob wouldn’t let that happen.‘’ I told myself, and I was right. Almost instantly after I started to panic, I was being pulled to the surface.
When my head broke the surface of the water I took a sharp breath and blinked the water out of my eyes.

‘’I thought you could swim.'' Jacob said with a grin.

''I can swim, it's not my fault the water's so dark.'' I said, treading water.

''But it's warm.'' he said, swimming around a bit and I realized he was right, the water was abnormally warm.

''Why?'' I asked.

''Dunno, do you have to question everything?'' he asked, rolling his eyes exaggeratedly.

''Yes, I do.'' I said, splashing him.

''Hey!'' he said, splashing me back. I tried to splash him again but he went under the water.

''Jacob?'' I asked when he didn't resurface right away.

''Nikki!'' he shouted, surfacing right behind me.

''AH! Jacob! You scared the shit out of me!'' I said, pushing him.

''My bad, but the look on your face was priceless.'' he laughed and I mock glared at him.

''Watch I'll get you back, someday.'' I mumbled the last part.

''I'll hold you to it.'' he said with a grin.

''Jacob, your eyeliner is running.'' I said, pointing at his face. The water had run his eye liner all down his cheeks. He ran his fingers over his cheek then looked at them.

''So is yours.'' he said, pointing at my face.

''SHIT!'' I thought. He looked amazing, runny eyeliner or not, but I probably looked like an idiot.

''Don't worry, you're still cute.'' he said, almost as if he had read my mind.

''Wait, did he just say I was cute!'' I thought and my heart started to race.

''Cute eh?'' I said, wiggling my eyebrows a bit and he laughed.

''Adorable.'' he said sarcastically.

''You're just being nice, I probably look retarded.'' I said, swimming towards the edge of the water.

''Maybe, and maybe I'm telling the truth.'' he said, swimming after me.

''Oh, being mysterious are we?'' I asked, lifting myself out of the water.

''Where are you going?'' he asked, loo king hurt that I was leaving.

''Do you have any idea what time it is?'' I asked, grabbing his pants.

''Nope'' he said, propping himself up on his elbows on the shore next to me.

''Exactly.'' I said, taking his phone out of his pocket. It was 11:00.

''It's eleven, my mom will have a stroke!'' I said, putting his phone back in his pants.

''We have to go don't we.'' he said glumly.

''Yea.'' I sighed, falling back and laying down on the cool grass. Jacob pulled himself out of the water and laid next to me. I shivered, it was a lot colder out of the water.

''I told you to take your pants off.'' Jacob said, turning his head to look at me.

''You're such a perv.'' I said, pushing his forehead with my hand.

''Yea and you're soaking wet.'' he said, pointing out the obvious.

''Not my fault.'' I said, sitting up.

''You didn't have to go in with me, you could have stayed out here where its nice and dry.'' he said, also sitting up.

''But where's the fun in that?'' I asked with a devilish grin and he laughed a bit.

He got up and then helped me up. I grabbed my sweater, put it on and got my phone out of the pocket, then dialled my house.

''Hello?'' my dad answered.

''Shit.'' I thought, he would ask a lot of questions.

''Hi daddy.'' I said, playing up my innocence.

''Nikki? Where are you?'' he asked, my mom had probably told him I went to a movie with a boy.

''I'm on my way home.'' I said, gesturing for Jacob to hurry up.

''Where are you?'' he asked suspiciously, almost as if he knew I was hurrying a guy to put his clothes back on.

''I'm uh- on the strip, after the movie Jacob and I decided to go for a walk.'' I said, then kicked myself for mentioning Jacob.

''Jacob? Walk where? When are you coming home?'' my dad erupted with questions.

''My friend, we walked on the strip dad and I'm on my way home.'' I said, now walking back up the side of the cliff.

''The strip? Are you stripping!'' my dad asked.

''No dad, the strip is slang for Main street, you know, where all the stores are?'' I explained.

''Oh, that better be what it means.'' my dad said.

''Don't worry, I wouldn't hang out with someone who would take their clothes off in a public place.'' I said innocently and Jacob laughed silently, that was exactly what he had done before we went swimming.

''That's my girl.'' my dad said proudly.

''See you soon daddy.'' I said innocently, getting into Jacob's car.

''Bye hun.'' he said and then hung up.

''You better drive fast.'' I said as Jacob started the car.

''Fast is what I live for.'' he said and revved the engine then reversed off the grass and whipped onto the road.

''You better do up your seat belt.'' he said and I quickly did up my belt, just in time for him to take off down the road.

It must have been an eighty zone and we were going a hundred, and he barely looked like he had to concentrate. After a while we were back in the suburbs, it took too long, there was no way my dad was going to believe that we were actually on the strip. Jacob pulled into my driveway and parked.

''Good luck.'' he said as I undid my belt.

''I'm definitely going to need it.'' I mumbled then pulled on the door handle, it was locked.

''Jacob, I know you don't want me to go but I don’t think locking me in your car is the right way to go.'' I said and Jacob grinned.

''It was worth a shot.'' he said, unlocking the doors.

''I'll see you later and thanks.'' I said, opening the door.

''I'll always be here to save my favourite damsel in distress.'' he said with a smile and my heart was suddenly in my throat.

''Bye.'' I choked out.

''Bye.'' he said and I got quickly out of the car.

I waved as he pulled out of the drive way then hurried up to my front door.

''Out a little late aren't we?'' a voice came from the bushes and I froze.

''Calm down it's just me.'' Michael said, coming into the porch light.

''Jeeze! You scared me Michael!'' I said, putting a hand over my racing heart.

''Sorry.'' he said, sitting on the bench on my porch.

''I was looking for you all day.'' he said with a smile.

''And why's that?'' I asked, stepping towards the bench.

''Look.'' he said and then stuck his tongue out. In the middle was a silver ball.

''You got your tongue pierced!'' I said excitedly.

''Yea, Junior did it this afternoon. I wanted to show you first but you were nowhere to be found.'' he said and I laughed.

''You can call me you know.'' I said, rolling my eyes playfully.

''Don't have your number.'' he said.

''Give me your phone.'' I said and he handed me his cell. I programmed my number in and gave it back.

''There, now you can talk to me whenever you want.'' I said and he laughed.

''Thanks. You'd better get in there, your mom looks too calm.'' Michael said, nodding towards the window. I walked to the bench and knelt beside Michael, looking in the window.

''Uh oh.'' I said, crinkling up my nose and he laughed.

''If they kick you out, you can live in my closet.'' Michael said.

''I might have to take you up on that.'' I laughed. Before the whole jail thing, I'd been pretty good friends with him.

''Well I should go, I guess I'll see you later.'' I said, getting up and walking back to the door

''See ya.'' he said, hopping over the rail and disappearing into the dark.

I opened the door and went inside.

''Hi mom, it's late so I'm going to bed ok.'' I said all in one breath and hurried to the stairs.

''Not so fast missy!'' she said, stopping me with her words.

''Yes mommy dearest?'' I said angelically.

''Where were you?'' she asked, not looking up from the nail she was filing.

''The strip mom, like I told dad. After the movie Jacob and I went for a walk.'' I said, inching back towards the stairs.

''You really think I'm going to buy that?'' she asked, raising her eyebrows.

''Yes.'' I said angelically and she raised her eyebrows.

''Ok fine, we were at the movie theatre.'' I said.

''And then?'' she probed.

''No and then.'' I pleaded in my head. I really didn't want to explain to her that I'd been swimming in a nameless body of water with a boy in his boxers.

''I don't know.'' I said, being completely truthful, I really didn't know where Jacob and I had been.

''You don't know?'' she repeated, folding her hands in her lap.

''I have no idea.''

''Did you have you eyes closed?'' she asked.

''No mom, I just don't know what the place was called!'' I said, getting a little frustrated.

''Ok then, answer me this, why are you wet?'' she asked with an almost evil smile.

''I went swimming.'' I said with a grin and she shook her head.

''If he's half as wet as you are, I'd love to hear what his mother says.'' she said and I knew I was off the hook.

''So what did you do with dad?'' I asked, suddenly realizing he wasn’t there.

''I told him I wanted new appliances and he ran faster then a vampire confronted with ten pounds of garlic.'' she said with a laugh.

''I think I'm gonna go to bed, night.'' I said, heading for the stairs.

''Night dear.'' she said, filing her nails again.

I got to my room and changed out of my wet clothes into my pyjamas. I tied my hair back and got into bed. I laid there thinking about the night that had passed, every detail, every word.

''He said I was cute.'' I thought with a smile.

''Was he serious? Did he mean it? Or was he just playing around or trying to be nice?'' a hundred questions danced through my brain, but I pushed them out, for fear that I wouldn't sleep.

As sleep finally began to wash over me, one final thought crossed my mind.

''Vampires from garlic, cute.''
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who reads, subscribes, or comments! I really appreciate it!