Status: In Production, enjoy and comment :)

Caught in Limbo

Proluge

19th century, old America, Boston area

A small, what was thought to be abandoned church sits atop a hill. The building is quite small, several adornments surround the wooden structure, they appear to be “non denominational”. Decor that depicts only that the followers of the humble palace are of holy background, agnostic, if you will. A sign that is just barely hanging onto it’s latch reads “Church” below in small letters reads “founded by the holy saint Bastilla”. In the back of the church a ritual is taking place. Several colonial settlers are in a circle, inside the circle is a wrinkled old man adorned in what appears to be simple rags, the same symbols are drawn on his attire. His eyes are a golden color, a luster that takes away from his beggar-like stature. The men stand as he speaks.

“Gentlemen! Citizens of our great nation! I beseech you, lend me your ears, for today, is a grand day.” “Those of you joining me now are now people of a higher plane, you have chosen to follow the holy light, and I, Bastilla, welcome you”

One of the men whisper to another beside him, “I thought Bastilla founded this place 150 years ago, is this the same person?”. The men around the circle gaze with interest and slight fear. Bastilla wears a small grin on his face.
“Do not fear, the power of the light has kept me here for one reason, to expunge the unwanted out of your hearts and souls. You have all heard came here for a greater purpose, to be bathed in the light of this universe, to be expunged for your inconceivable sins, to find purpose in your being, is this not true?”

Bastilla breathes for a moment and walks over to one of the men. “You shall be first in this great retribution, do you accept?”

The man thinks back for a moment and his eyes turn grey, as a soldier he has killed many men, so many that the feeling of killing has became numb to him. The reason he is here is because one day he followed a traitor inside his house with the intent to kill him, little did he know he had a family. When the traitor died, the son, the wife, and the grandmother all looked at the dead body mortified. The soldier could not leave witnesses, so he killed the entire family. Ever since then he began a slow decent into madness, almost like their souls were haunting him every day.
The man nervously nods and is yanked to the center of the circle.
“Place yourself on one knee brother” says the strange priest. The man slowly gets down and stays quiet. “So tell me now do you wish to follow the path of light? Do you want to free yourself from the chains of the unholy?”

The man nods tentatively. The priest places his hand on the man’s head, “Then let us rejoice in the light!”.
The man is shoved down face first to the ground, already tentative he tenses in fear and prepares to run.
“REJOICE!”
He doesn’t get the chance to stand up, a cold hard object enters all the way through his neck.
“REJOICE!”
Bastilla removes the knife hidden from his rags, the symbols on his cloak glow a faint red, the man, now covered in blood, falls to the ground, his eyes the same color glow as the symbols.
“Prepare to awake anew” Bastilla says softly.
Once the realization of what had happened hit the other men a chaos erupted. They attempted to jump the fence only to realize they could not get through. The strange symbols were not just adornments, everywhere they glowed a faint red. It was a barrier, a trap. Bastilla showed no emotion or need to rush as he approached the men, knife in hand. He knew they could not get away, they scrambled like a frenzied herd to get away. One by one the men went down, one would get too close as he ran by, ended up with a pierced heart. One would turn his back for just a moment, would hit the ground dead the next. By the time it was over 12 men were scattered amongst the backyard. Bastilla was now red head to toe, the glowing symbols created an aura around him, almost as if to match the blood on his being. The air around him chilled, every dead man had the same glowing stare. Bastilla looked down and whispered “Arise my brothers”.
Suddenly, a hand twitched........
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I feel like I could add more but I want to avoid useless filler