Status: In Production, enjoy and comment :)

Caught in Limbo

Chapter one- Science over all

21st century, Modern America, Boston

Noah awoke from his bed at 7 in the morning, work was starting soon and he always had to be there first. He got out of bed, after showering, he combed his black hair to look more presentable, and put on his usual attire. A green shirt and white pants, covered by a white lab coat. He grabbed his ID card, which read; Noah Henderson-25 W. Male, Neurobiology, and left his house. Noah was a rich man considering his profession, and he would damned if he didn’t show it off, big house, nice car, he had everything he could want. Well almost everything, as Noah drove to work he had the same depressing feeling come over him that he felt ever since he got his doctorate. Almost as if he had done everything so fast, he was afraid of reaching the top and having way too much time to celebrate. At just 25 he beat out everyone in his field of research in terms of age, intelligence, looks, and overall achievement. Noah always wondered if it was his inability to keep a mate, but he was convinced this feeling had nothing to do with love. He just needed.....something. He attempts to shrug off the feeling after almost rear-ending a semi. The truck driver flips his middle finger out the window, Noah laughs, imagining this lowly truck driver thinking he can intimidate him, a man who is standing on top of the world. Noah could drive beside him and offer some witty remark about the drivers lack of intellect but he wouldn’t get it anyways. Noah keeps driving until he sees a small stone church on a hill. It was refurbished recently he remembers, on the sign it says “Is your god not helping you find happiness? Come and bask in the light at our holy church-Founded by Bastilla”. Noah laughs even harder at this, as a scientist, especially a neuro biologist, he finds the need for religion to find self worth a waste of time. The human brain uses religion for a number of reasons, excuses for tragedies in their lives, need of self-worth, or a quest for love and “all that is good”. Noah doesn’t need nor believe in an external power telling him to drop coins in a gold dish so he can walk up a flight of stairs without tripping today. As he fully passes the church a cold breeze overtakes his car, he rolls the window up and slightly shivers.
“What a strange chill, must be a storm coming” he says to himself as he goes to work. He ignores what the car said about the outside temperature, it was over 90 degrees outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Extremely short, due to this being another introduction of sorts, I made it so we learn more about Noah as the story progresses