Just A Kid

Part 5

When Kakashi and the others came back, they found you asleep on Sasuke's lap, while Sasuke was staring at the fire, now reduced to red embers.

"Hey, Sasuke! It looks like somebody likes you!" Naruto shouted. Sakura punched him on the back of his head, making him fall flat on his face. Sasuke gave Naruto a death-glare, making Naruto jump behind Sakura for protection. Kakashi walked over to Sasuke and picked you up. Kakashi looks down at you, surprised.

"Well, what do you know? Purring like a kitten" Kakashi chuckles as he brings you over to where his book was laying. Kakashi then put you down as he sat down as well. Your ear twitches slightly as Kakashi opens his book and begins to read it.

"Aw man! Kakashi-sensei! Do you always have to read that book!” Naruto shouted from across the fire as he sat down. Kakashi just glared at Naruto until Naruto squirmed underneath his blankets.

"Oh, shut up Naruto!" Sakura said.

"It's a dirty book anyways" Naruto murmured. Kakashi's gaze flickered on your sleeping form, to see if you had awakened. Kakashi then returned to his book when you didn't wake. But unknown to either Kakashi or anybody else, you were having the worst dream in your entire 9 year life. Your ear twitches again as you clenched and unclenched your hands into small fists.

*Dream*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are walking through a village, when a crowd suddenly appears all around you.

"Tsk tsk, it will never fit in here" a voice said, hard and cruel.

"That thing is bad luck!" another voice said, just as cruel as the first. You lay your ears back in shame as you continue walking. A rock suddenly hits you at the back of your leg, making you wince in pain.

"Hey! Get out of here! Nobody wants you here!" the first voice shouts, while others join in, throwing stones or shouting at you.

"L-Leave me alone!" you whimper.

You spot Kakashi's house and make a run for it. You finally reach the house, bruised all over from the stones being thrown at you. You yank open the door and run in. You smile as a familiar figure walks towards you.

"Oh Kakashi! You won't believe what the villagers are doing! There must be something wrong with them!" you say, breathless. Your ear twitches as Kakashi crosses the room to where you are standing. "But I got the package you wanted" you say, smiling. Your smile instantly vanishes as Kakashi now stands in front of you, not saying a word. "Kakashi? W-What’s the matter?" you say; now getting a bit scared.

Kakashi looks down at you, his black eye boring into your eyes. You lay your ears flat against your head as Kakashi takes out a kunai knife. You flinch and close your eyes, but open them slowly. "Kakashi? What’s-" you start to say, but are cut off as Kakashi suddenly punches you, making you fall to the ground. Tears spring to your eyes as you touch the spot where Kakashi hit you.

You look up suddenly as Kakashi stands in front of you. "Kakashi, what's going on?" you whisper as tears roll down your cheeks. Kakashi doesn't answer you, but grabs you by your throat and holds you against the wall. You gasp for breath and try to struggle.

"There's no where for you to run now, is there?" Kakashi says, but yet, it’s not really his voice. You gasp for breath again as Kakashi chuckles. "Now, this should be exciting" he says.

"Remember, Araile? Its very, very sharp!" Kakashi says as the kunai knife pierces through your skin. You can feel the knife pierce your heart as you scream, but the scream is cut short as your heart stops. Your lifeless body falls to the floor, while Kakashi stands over you as he stares at the bloodstained weapon. Kakashi begins to laugh evily.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~