Status: May be slow

Sailor Bold

Chapter 1

"You're so beautiful." Wes whispers in my ear.

I blush softly and smile at him.

"You're just saying that." I reply.

"No, I don't think I've ever met a person more beautiful. Mermaid or human." he says

I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, reveling in the calming sound of the waves hitting the shore, the smell of salt and sea spray, the warmth of Wesley's body. I loved it all. I could stay like this forever.

"Madison?"

I opened my eyes, looking up at him.

"Yes?"

He brushed my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear and caressing my cheek.

"Do you love me?"

I pulled away, studying his features. He looked a little embarrassed and nervous. I giggled and kissed his cheek.

"Of course I do." I say.

He smiles widely and kisses my neck softly.

"Mmm.... say it for me, Maddie." he whispers seductively.

I shiver and close my eyes, loving the feeling of his warm breath on my skin.

"I love you, Wes." I say softly.

"Mmmm.... How would you like to stay with me forever?" he asks, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"Really?" I reply. "You can turn me into a mermaid?!"

He nods and smiles softly, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Would you like that?" he asks, gazing into my eyes.

I get lost in his dark green eyes and nod. He smiles and pulls out a dangerous, odd looking knife from behind him.

"First we have to do something." he says, taking my hand and turning it with the palm up.

"Okay..." I say, nervous.

I watch as he takes the knife and slices open his palm. He then scoots closer to me.

He places the cool tip against my skin and I wince as the knife bites into my skin. Blood begins to fill my palm.

"Wes, what are we-" I ask, glancing up at him.

His eyes are no longer the warm green they usually are, they've been replaced by a bright yellow.

"Wes?"

"Shhh.... trust me..." he says, his voice harsh and raspy.

"O-okay..."

He holds his palm in front of me.

"Lick it." he says.

"But-"

"C'mon, Maddie. Don't you want to be a mermaid?"

"Okay.."

I lean my head down and slowly slide my tongue across his palm. I taste sea salt and toffee. I weird combination but it doesn't taste bad. I look up at Wes. He brings my bleeding palm up to his mouth. His teeth are no longer straight and perfect, they are jagged and pointed like a sharks. I try to pull my hand back, suddenly scared of him, but his grip is too strong.

"Wes, stop!" I gasp as I watch him lick the blood from my palm.

I continued to tug on my arm until he let go. I land on my butt and cradle my hand close to me.

"What the hell, Wes?" I ask, panicked.

He doesn't answer, just stands and walks over to me, grabbing me up by my wrist. I realized then that he has legs and not his emerald tail he had before.

"Wes? Wes!" I yell. "Wes stop! What are you doing?!"

Once again he ignores my pleas and heads down the shore. The water slowly rises from his ankles to his calves and then starts to cover my toes, feet, ankles until we are both waist deep in the water. Struggling to get out of his grip and yelling my head off are no even fazing him. He turns me onto my stomach and shoves my head underwater. I flail my arms out, scratching him, kicking him, punching him. Nothing is working and I'm running out of air. My lungs are screaming at me to breathe but I can't get Wes to move an inch. Suddenly he brings his knee up and slams it into my stomach. I cough and inhale a huge amount of water. Things start to get fuzzy and dark and soon I stop fighting and I drown.

~later~

I jolt up, coughing and gasping. Turning over onto my side, I puke my guts out.

"Good! You're awake." Wes says behind me.

I look at him. He looks no different; same auburn hair, same dark green eyes, same super sexy toned body. The only difference is he's standing on legs.

"You drowned me!" I yelled.

"Don't get so worked up, Maddie." he sighs. "It had to be done."

"What do you mean?" I reply, trying to stand but fail miserably.

My eyes widen as I look down and see a shiny, slimy, turquoise tail.

"I'm a fucking mermaid!?"

"Yep!" he chuckles.

"Hey! C'mon, Wes! I've already waited this long!" An annoyed voice calls.

A black haired girl with unnaturally purple eyes comes sauntering down the beach. She puts a hand on her hip and looks me up and down with a smirk on her face.

"I'm coming, Gabby." Wes says to her.

"I thought we were both supposed to be mermaids! So we could be together forever!" I say.

He snorts and picks up his knife, putting it in the pocket of his jeans. The girl lets out a high pitched laugh that hurts my ears and latches herself to Wes. He wraps an arm around her. I could feel a tight pain in my chest.

"Why would I want to spend the rest of my life with you? You're a pathetic human girl. You believe everything that is told to you, you do everything I say and you go out of your way to please me. I bet if I had asked you to jump off a damn cliff, you would have." he says.

"I love you!" i say desperately.

The two laugh and Wes shakes his head.

"That's the point, angel face." He says in a wicked tone. "I get you to fall in love with me, you do the ritual and I kill you. I turn human and you get my curse. It's how this who mermaid thing works."

"But i thought you-"

"Just stop, Maddie. Get over it. I didn't love you. If I did, the ritual wouldn't have worked. You're stuck like that until you do the same to some poor sucker." He says, walking away with the black haired bitch.

I look out at the sea and try not to cry as my heart shatters into a million pieces.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story~! Hope you like! Comments and suggestions appreciated! Criticism welcomed!! :D