500 Days

Chapter 2

March 3rd 2013

My breaths were getting shorter as my heartbeat started racing; walking around didn’t seem to calm my nerves at all. My stomach was turning, my forehead was sweating and my hands were lightly shaking. “I can literally feel the sweat forming under my armpits and I don’t want to get ugly stains.” I laughed, trying to break with the wall of tension I had built around myself.

I took a deep breath in through my nose and blew it all out, waving my hand in front of my eyes to keep the tears from forming. My mum was standing in front of me, looking prouder than ever before – her hand covering her mouth as she blinked a couple of tears away. “Oh, Aria, you look beautiful.” She said and I couldn’t have been happier in that moment.

I turned around to get a look at my own reflection in the mirror. My brown hair was sitting in playful curls, giving me a mature look for my young age, and for once my whole face was covered with a thin layer of make-up – I wanted to look perfect for Louis.

A soft knocking sound came from the door to reveal my best friend squeezing her head in the room. Once she noticed me she pushed the door open, ran towards me and took me in a tight hug. “Oh… Aria! It’s Louis day! I’m so happy for you!” She giggled, squeezing me tightly against her chest.

“Watch out for her hair!” My mum said nervously, resulting in Alexa dropping her arms and holding them close to her body. Eventually Alexa finds the courage to reach her hands out to mine, carefully hold them in hers before giving them a tight squeeze. “It’s all gonna be okay, sweetie.” She told me reassuringly.

It’s nothing I didn’t already know. Everything was going to be perfect, everything would change between Louis and I.

~

A nervous smile played on my lips as I stepped in the Bentley with help from both mum and Alexa, they weren’t going to leave my side until I was safe with Louis that’s for sure. “Be careful.” “Watch your step.” “Watch your hair.” “Don’t lean back too much!” If it were up to them, I’d be transported wrapped in bubble wrap.

I nervously bit my lip watching the scenery pass us by. London seemed so much more beautiful all of a sudden. The weather looked better than it did yesterday, the trees seemed more alive and the people seemed happier. It was just a beautiful day in London.

My stomach was turning from the nerves running through my whole body and my heart started beating faster against my ribcage as the church slowly came in sight. I could hear my own shaky breathing, the seconds pass on my mum’s watch and every small movement Alexa made. Everything seemed so much louder than before.

Then when the car finally came to a stop, when my mum carefully took my hand helping me out of the car and I was finally standing in front of the church – everything felt all right.

My breathing slowed down, my sweaty palms seemed to dry and the sun shone lightly on the side of my face. Everything was quiet in my head once again and I couldn’t wait to see Louis. This was the perfect moment I had hoped for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Julie here!
I want to thank you all for recommending, subscribing and commenting. It really means a lot. I hope you like my chapter :) I promise the chapters will get longer!