Status: Active

I Won't Go Down Easily

Chapter 4

Aria's two stylists worked quickly and quietly. One of them worked on her hair; fingers flying quickly through it, creating the perfect fish tail braid, while the other applied her makeup, highlighting her cheekbones and bringing out her sea colored eyes. After another 45 minutes of all the primping, they finished, backing away and giving her a small smile before excusing themselves to call Ian, who entered a few minutes later.

He handed her her shoes and helped her into her dress, which fit perfectly, before leading her out the door, and down a few halls. It was almost time for the tribute parade. After a few twists and turns, they arrived to where the other tributes were waiting by the chariots. Aria found Seth, wearing an outfit similar to hers, except his was a suit. She sat down next to him, feeling quite light headed and nervous now that it was about to begin.

Taking deep breaths, she found this as an opportunity to look at the other tributes. Her gaze settled on the career tributes - District 1 and 2. She recognized a few of them from watching the Reapings on tv. Both of District 1's tributes volunteered and were highly intimidating. They were talking to the District 2 tributes, no doubt already setting an alliance up with them. Aria only remembered the District 2's male tribute, Jamie. Only because he was different than the other careers. He was somewhat slender but also built; and younger than most, at the age of fifteen.

The rest of the tributes were all smaller, and didn't stick out too much. However, she didn't really get a good look at them, because the big doors opened, and the chariots all lurched forward. Aria took a deep breath to steady herself, and put on her biggest smile as they rode into the City Circle. As they approached the Circle, Aria waved at the roaring crowd and didn't let her smile falter once. She looked over at Seth and saw he was doing the same thing. He caught her eye and gave her a small smile before focusing back on the crowd.

As they drove on, smiling and waving, Aria was contemplating whether or not to have an alliance with someone. She couldn't imagine ever having to kill the person she was looking out for earlier in the game. She'd have to wait and see what happens during training she decided, and returned all of her attention back to the crowd.

The anthem started playing as the chariots completed their last lap and stopped below the balcony where President Snow was standing, all eyes of Panem fixated on him. He quickly went through his usual speech, and then the chariots brought them back into the Training Center, where they were staying. Aria let out a breath she didn't know she was holding as soon as the doors close. The Tribute Parade was complete. Then, starting tomorrow is training. Ezra, Ian and Nash all made their way over to the two tributes.

"You two looked fantastic!" Ezra gushed in her odd accent. "You were all the people around me were talking about. When the lights hit your sequins, it looked magnificent!"

"Ian definitely did draw attention to you two, which is a good thing. Now both of you will have to score high after your private session with the Gamemakers to keep the attention. Like I said before, work hard during these next two weeks and it will pay off, especially in the arena." Nash said, as they were led back to their floor.

The next weeks would be vital to the games, and a lot was riding on Aria's shoulders if she wanted to make it out alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter was so boring ._. the next few will be a lot more interesting, though and Ryan will be coming in, yay! Please comment, I love getting feedback! xx