Anti Blue Skies

Prologue

Fall 2012

The sound of that annoying Carly Rae Jepsen song smashed through the silent night as I started my dad’s black pickup truck. It wasn’t much to look at and it sure as hell didn’t purr like a kitten, but at least I got to borrow it whenever I needed it.

My favorite smell of gasoline took over my senses, the stench usually only appeared when the truck went untouched for a few weeks, needless to say it definitely had.

I effortlessly cruised through London, glancing out through the window at every glowing streetlight that passed in a flash. There wasn’t much traffic at night which I was thankful for, I didn’t need to go into a fit of road-rage right before meeting up with Harry.

The minute I was safely stopped at a red light, I opened the message he sent me with his address on it, making sure I was following the correct street. I thought my road-rage was bad enough, but my habit of getting lost was even worse. I couldn’t afford a GPS and this piece of shit vehicle was not capable of having one installed anyway.

It was ten o’clock on a Friday night, so imagine my confusion when Harry wanted me to come over to start our lab report and project. We’ve been lab partners all year and he’s never wanted to pitch in before, usually he let me finish it myself. I didn’t mind though, I’d be a fool to be the only person in school to get on his bad side. However, it did frustrate me that my grade could be so much better than it was if he would do his part.

He wasn’t stupid, he just didn’t care.

It took about twenty minutes to get to Harry’s, without getting lost. I pulled into his driveway and parked behind his super clean Audi, I recognized it from school. He always got the best parking spot while I got stuck hitching a ride from my friend Manny.

The motion light flickered on, nearly giving me a heartattack. I hooked my book bag over my left shoulder before hopping out of my dad’s truck, sending Harry a quick message telling him I was outside.

He opened the door in a rush, like he was desperately awaiting my appearance. It was strange looking at him peer out through the doorway, I never thought I would be in this position. It’s not everyday I get to prance into the most popular boy in school’s house, maybe if I was a complete psycho, but fortunately I didn’t have that going for me.

Harry looked to me with a questioning expression. “Why are you walking so slow? Haven’t you ever seen a house before?”

His question was simple enough, “Not one like this.”

He stepped aside as I approached him, holding the door open for me. I noticed what he was wearing, a black speckled button up and dark grey skinny jeans with his familiar, brown boots. Immediately I felt underdressed, but then I realized it didn’t matter because it wasn’t a date, it was just homework.

“You can take off your shoes if you’d like.” Harry shut the door behind him and motioned down to my feet as I awkwardly stood out of place in front of him.

It looked like he was going to keep his on, so I said what any guest would say. “No, I’m good thanks.”

He chuckled and led me into the dining room.

“Is your mom home?” Not that I cared, I just needed to fill the silence. I shifted my stare from the floor to him just in time to see him shoot me another quizzical look, much like the one he had given me outside.

“No, she’s on a date or something.” His phone vibrated in his hand. “Are you ready to do this or what?”

He looked down at his phone, furrowing his brows. Whatever text he was reading was just making him angry and despite him asking the question, it seemed I was more ready than he was.

“Is anyone ever ready for a report on the periodic table and reaction rates?” I confidently answered, setting my bag on the table and taking out the hardcover chemistry book. What kind of nerd did he think I was?

He ran a hand through his hair, perfectly quaffing his dark curls, then harshly shoved his phone in his back pocket. “Good point.”

He pulled the closest chair out and took a seat, I took it as my cue to sit as well. The soft cushioning of the seat below me was unlike any feeling my ass had ever felt before. I would have to beg my dad to pick some of these up for ourselves, easily beats the metal fold up chairs my family used.

About twenty minutes passed, I was finding all the key points, writing them down, and outlining the essay. I couldn’t possibly count the number of times Harry sent a speedy text to the contact on his phone, the way his thumbs twiddled at a quick pace told me it wasn’t a pleasant conversation either.

I wanted to ask him who he was talking to and what was making him so upset. I wanted to yell at him for making me feel so unwelcomed and in the way, but I didn’t have the confidence and I probably never would.

I cleared my throat, “Harry, we can do this some other time if--”

“No.” His voice was low and intimidating. “Lydia just stay, please.”

He reached for my leg, keeping me in place and staring straight into my blue eyes. Direct eye contact usually freaked me out, but for some reason this time I felt like I could stare all night.

“I’ll stay, but you have to help me.” He looked down at the books, almost contemplating whether or not he wanted to continue, never once letting go of my knee.

“Shit.” He sighed loudly while scooting his chair directly in front of mine, taking me off guard. “How about you help me instead.”

It wasn’t a question, it was a statement. No matter what it was he had in mind, I would help him, and he knew it.

“Yeah, sure... anything.” I nodded towards him sincerely.

“I promise I’ll start helping with this school rubbish, if you can just do this one thing for me.”

His face was only inches away from mine, my breath hitched in my throat, but for whatever reason I was compelled. His eyes were greener than I had ever seen them before and I had never been more attracted to him.

“What is it?” I whispered, knowing that if I spoke aloud my voice would definitely crack.

I breathed in his strong, manly scent, giving me chills. He slowly leaned in and my brain wouldn’t let my body respond. I wanted to meet him in the middle, but I couldn’t, it was wrong.

He had a girlfriend, and to top it off, she was perfect. She was perfect for him. They were perfect for eachother.

His lips grazed mine in a steady manner, but I had to do something and if my body was frozen in place, then my voice would be the next best thing.

“Harry?” He pulled his head back slightly, opening his eyes to mine. “If you do this, I’m not going to want to stop.”

I bit my bottom lip, scared he might yell or kick me out of his house. He didn’t, he just sent me a playful smirk and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

“That’s the point, love.”

With that, his lips crashed to mine while his arm swept pages and pencils off the table. He gripped my hips tightly, lifting me onto the clear wooden table as my hands pulled at his hair for support. My heart raced and suddenly the room felt unbearably hot. I was making a mistake.

Everything was blurry and everything was rushed, the way we were breathing in rigid gasps, the way our clothes were thrown to the floor and every corner of the room, the way he wasted no time taking one of the last things that was important to me.

It wasn’t special... it was dirty, and sloppy, and it hurt more than anything.

He ruined my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lydia's outfit

Hiiiii, I'm starting a new story. Hope you enjoyed it, comment and let me know what you think or what I could improve on. Just be nice please. :)

Hanna x