Status: Work in progress!

Over the Hills and Far Away

Tea and Berry Tarts

I pulled the phone away from my ear as my two best friends screeched. God, they were like those damned 12 year old that stalked One Direction through the streets wherever they were at the time.

“Good god, shut the fuck up guys,” I groaned as I pressed my free hand to my forehead. It wasn’t the first time that I had done so since calling the two, ten minutes ago. “It’s not that big of a deal. Like seriously.”

“Not that big of a deal?” Hailey’s voice continued to get louder with each passing word. “You fucking slept with Niall Horan, Eva! Niall Fucking Horan, of One Direction, Need I remind you!”

“You’re the luckiest girl alive right now, Eva. How can you be so chill, that you, out of all those sexy women he usually parties with, he went home with you!” Maria chimed in.

“And that you’re going out with him to have coffee today!” Hailey practically shouted once more. “Tell us where you’re going and we’ll make sure everything goes smoothly!”

“Now why the hell would I do that, Hailey?” I grumbled into the phone. “Look, I’m almost at the place. I’ll talk to you girls later.”

“Have fun!” Maria said while Hailey yelled “Get me an autograph!” as I hung up the phone, glad to have gotten that done and over with.

I thought the girls were blowing it way out of proportion. Sure he was one fifth of One Direction, but under all that fame, he was just another guy, right? Well, at least he seemed like it this morning after I had gotten over the shock of him being Niall Horan. Truthfully, I wasn’t a huge fan of 1D, but that didn’t take away from the fact that I, Evangeline Andrews, had somehow gotten a celebrity into my bed.

That morning had actually gone by pleasant enough. We had sat at the breakfast bar in my kitchen, after he had finished getting dressed and sipped at our coffee, mostly talking about him. There were a few times that he had tried turning the conversation on me, but with ease, I had easily turned it back on him. He didn’t seem to mind though and I was content with that. Once the 12 cups of coffee were drunk, we had exchanged numbers and he went on his merry way, not before flashing me one of his big grins. Once I had closed the door to my flat, I leaned against the door and had taken a few deep breaths.

While thinking of this morning, I had realized that I had walked right past the bakery that I was to meet Niall at, which was aptly named ‘The Bakery’. Grumbling my frustrations, I turned around and walked up to its glass doors and looked through the windows before opening and walking in. I noticed as soon as I walked in that it smelt of freshly cooked bread and treats, which all lay on a rack in front of me. Licking my lips at the sight of the cookies, I walked right up to the rack and glanced left and right, trying to decide what would be best to try first.

“I’d go with the chocolate chip cookies first, personally,” a familiar voice murmured near my ear. Taking a quick sidestep to the left; I looked up into a pair of bright blue eyes, blushing as I noticed how close he must have been. Niall gave a small knowing smile before glancing back at the racks of treats. “Or one of the berry tarts with a cup of tea is a good thing to start with…”

As he spoke, I couldn’t help but to look him over. He was wearing another pair of skinny jeans, though black this time, paired with a navy blue wife-beater. His dyed hair didn’t look any different than it looked this morning. It was messy, but sexy. Hailey had a name for it. What was it called again…? “Mexy, that’s it.”

“What?” Niall looked up at me once more, his eyebrows raised in bemusement.

“I…uh…Did I say that out loud?” I smiled sheepishly, unaware that I had said that stupid word out loud. “It’s…um…a word that my best friend had made-up to describe your hairstyle of choice,” I finally said, “a mix of sexy and messy…” I glanced up at him, my face reddening until I saw that he looked like he was holding back a laugh.

“Mexy, huh?” He snickered slightly before shaking his head and looking back at the sweets, his teeth moving to capture his bottom lip between them as he thought. Blushing, I also turned towards the racks and decided on a berry tart with tea, as he had suggested.

After waiting another 10 minutes for the blond to decide, we finally ordered, got out items and moved to a table that was set back a bit far from the windows, much to Niall’s protests.

“Sorry, but I for one, don’t want to be in the tabloids and accused of being a boyfriend stealer,” I explained as I sat in one of the wooden chairs, Niall soon sitting across from me. Unlike me, Niall had chosen a variety of items, ranging from cookies to tarts and a slice of hot zucchini bread and to top it all off, a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

“Boyfriend stealer? Who exactly would you be stealing me from? I don’t know if you read the tabloids, love, but I don’t have a girlfriend?” Niall grabbed one of the many cookies and bit into it, smiling at the cookie before finishing it off in a couple more bites.

“I don’t know if you look out your hotel window, love,” I copied him, smiling slightly,” but you have millions of fans that call themselves your girlfriend.” I took the tart and bit in, making a small sound in appreciation before setting it back down on the paper plate. “Not that I’m saying that I am your girlfriend, just so you know. I mean it—“

“I understand where you’re coming from, Evangeline. You don’t want to be hated on by the girls. Completely understandable,” I watched him as he gobbled down the rest of the cookies. He must have noticed me staring and glanced up, a sheepish grin crossing his face. “Sorry…I haven’t eaten since this morning…”

I gave a little laugh and soon he joined in. Pretty soon, for a reason unknown, we were both close to tears from laughing. When we finally stopped, I looked around the café and noticed a lot of eyes on us, some bemused while others looked annoyed.

“Whoops…” I glanced back up at Niall, and grinned. In return, he grinned back before standing up and grabbing the trash from our table and threw it out before motioning for me to follow after. Quickly finishing my tea and tart, I tossed everything out and followed after. By the time I was done with that, I noticed that Niall was standing outside the café and I moved hurriedly to meet up with him once more. Once I was out the door and I moved to stand next to Niall, giving him a sweet smile, we were bombarded with cameras flashing.

“Niall!” A crowd of girls screamed as they rushed forward. Freezing to the spot, I glanced towards Niall who smiled calmly down at me before moving to meet the girls, an easy smile crossing his lips.
“Hey ladies, how’s everyone today?” He started off before taking a pen out of his pocket and signing as many things as he could while taking pictures with some of the tweens. Giving a frustrated sigh as cameras continued going off, I reached out to touch Niall’s arm to let him know I was going home, a tween slapped away my hand and glared at me, mouthing to back the hell off.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” I glared back, once more reaching out to Niall’s arm. By this time, Niall had finally turned around as the girl once more slapped away my hand. It actually hurt this time. Raising my brow I took a step towards the little girl, so glad I had my strappy heels on today. Without them, I stood a good 5 foot 6 inches.

“Evangeline…” Niall reached out to grab my arm and tug me back a little which was followed after with a collective gasp.

“Who’s she, Niall?” The one girl that had kept slapping my hand away questioned a hint of accusation in her tone.

“I’m a no one,” I started out as Niall said “My girlfriend.”

I knew I was gaping as I looked up at him, confused to why the fuck would he say that. Apparently his fans had the same look on their face because Niall grinned calmly once more before locking his fingers around mine and raised them.

“That’s right, ladies. The last bit of One Direction officially has a girlfriend…”

I’m going to fucking kill this guy. And I’m going to do it right here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyo guys! Well... Well... Well... Second Chapter! Whoo.
Thanks to ArielElizabethJones for the first comment on my silly story that I have no idea where I'm going to go with!
Frankly, I'm surprised I even had it in me to write this one... but yay~
Anyone want to share ideas? That'd be nice. c:
Anyways. Thanks for reading! <3