You're Such a Fool

Chapter Eleven

Friday night was not my best. I'll admit it was a douche bag thing to pull but hey... nobody got hurt.

So it started out like a normal Friday night with me getting shit-faced with some friends. Nason, Ryan and Derek came over to my house and we had ourselves a little party; drinks, weed, and video games. I invited Jacky but he was mad at me for some unknown reason. Whatever, he was missing out.

Multiple times during the night, Nason brought up Max, asking about my progress. Now I don't remember what was said, but somehow I ended up at Max's front door at midnight, drunk as hell, banging on it roughly.

Max had opened the door all flustered. He had changed out of his school clothes and was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. He also had a pair of glasses on.

"Ronnie? What are- oh my God. You stink."

I said something along the lines of, "That stench, my dear, Maxi, is the stench of a good ass night." Max didn't find it as amusing as I did.

"Why are you here? You know I'm already grounded."

"I wanted to see you. You look really sexy in those glasses."

"You're an idiot."

"That hurts, Maxi." I jutted my bottom lip out in a pout, putting my hand over my heart. "But maybe you can make it up to me." I tried to kiss him but he wouldn't let me. "Maxi." I whined. He shushed me and pushed me backwards so he could step outside and close the door behind him.

"Shut up. Do you want to wake my stepdad?"

"I don't give a shit." I said, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"No, Ronnie." He said sternly, like I was a child or something. "You need to leave."

He planted his hands on my chest, attempting to shove me towards the stairs. Being the drunk asshole I was, I didn't listen. Even though I was wasted! I was still stronger than him.

So instead of leaving, I snatched the glasses off his face and put them on myself, upside down I may add. They barely made a difference in my already blurry vision. Max took them back, looking very, very pissed off.

"Ronnie, leave. Seriously, I don't want the General to see you here."

As if on cue, the door opened and an angry, pajama clad General appeared.

"Speaking of the asshole!" I said with a laugh.

"Ronnie!" Max exclaimed at the same time the General growled "Excuse me?"

Max kept trying to back me up but I wasn't going anywhere.

"What is he doing here, Maxwell?"

"I was trying to make him leave, I swear. Ronnie, go." He all but pleaded.

"But I don't wanna go." I said, stomping my foot childishly. The General took a step towards us then crinkled his nose.

"Are you... are you drunk?"

I grinned lazily. "Maybe. Maybe not."

"Are you 21?"

"Could be." I shrugged. "Or I could just be 17."

"That's it, I'm calling the police."

"No! Please don't." Max said, grabbing the General's hairy arm. The General gave him a look and Max instantly let go. "Sir, please-"

The general grabbed Max by the shoulders, slamming him into the wall. Max winced.

"Don't touch him, fuck face." I said. Hearing Max's whimper sobered me up just enough to process what just happened. The General did let go, but then grabbed me by the collar of my shirt.

"You're a loud-mouthed punk, you know that? I could have you arrested. Drinking underage is a crime."

"So is hitting a minor." I retorted, unfazed by his intimidation tactics.

The door opened again and Mrs. Green came out. "What is going on here?" She asked, surveying the scene. The General was quick to release me.

"This boy showed up to our home drunk and now I'm going to call the cops."

"Honey, isn't that a bit harsh?"

"Harsh?" The General said angrily. Mrs. Green took my hand gently, looking into my eyes. I don't know what was up with her. When we first met, she acted like I was the spawn of the devil or something but now she was acting all nice and shit.

"Sweetie, why would you do something so stupid and dangerous?"

She spoke in that motherly tone. I just might be able to use her nurturing instincts to my advantage and get out of this.

I put on a sad face. "I-I don't know. I was just so worried about my dad and-"

"Oh, poor baby. I'm sorry, but drinking won't solve anything."

"I know." I sniffled. This was almost too easy."I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, sweetheart." I snuck a glance at Max. He was staring at his mom in disbelief; like he didn't even know she was that stupid. "It's late. You should probably get home. How did you get here?"

"I drove."

"Oh, no, Ronnie." She gave me a disapproving look. "You shouldn't drive when you're like this. Come inside, sweetie. You can sleep here tonight."

"What?" The General said loudly. "You're allowing a drunk teenage dirtbag to sleep in our home?"

"We can't let him drive home. What if he crashes?"

"Not our problem."

"Chris." Mrs. Green said. "He's staying here. End of discussion." She led me inside, her hand on the small of my back. "Max, let Ronnie sleep in your bed tonight. I'll make up the couch for you."

"I'll just sleep on the floor." Max said.

I think I blacked out for a bit because the next thing I remember was Max and I being in bed, making out. I had already stripped down to my boxers and was clawing at Max's clothes.

"You're an asshole, you know that right?" He said as I finally figured out how to get his shirt off.

"So I've heard." I swooped down to nip at his neck.

"Why did you come here, Ronnie?"

"I wanted to see you." I bit down roughly. Max gasped quietly.

"You haven't talked to me all week."

"And I missed you."

I bit down again, even harder.

"Shit." He tangled his fingers in my hair and pulled. Finally, he was getting into this. Now we could finally have some fun.

~~~

That next morning, I experienced one of the worst hangovers I ever had.

Max was still sleeping and I was able to crawl out of bed without waking him up. I didn't need him bitching at me for showing up at his house drunk.

I got dressed as quietly as I could and snuck out of the room. And just my luck, I ran straight into General.

"Ow, fuck." I groaned, holding my throbbing head.

"Language." He warned, his voice hard and booming sounded like screaming to me.

"Not so loud." I massaged my temples, trying to walk past him. He got in front of me.

"What? Can't handle a little hangover?"

"Dude- oops, I mean sir, get out of my way." He wouldn't budge. I felt a wave of nausea hit. "Dude, seriously, move."

"You need to learn some manners. You're one disrespectful brat. But guess what? Your "badass" act will get you no where in life. At this rate, you'll be in prison before your 20th birthday. Maybe even dead. I don't want you anywhere near my step-son. You got that?"

I couldn't hold it in any longer.

I threw up on the General's clean white shirt

Before he could stop me, I rushed out of the apartment to my car. The sun light made my head feel like it was going to explode but it didn't slow me down. I had to get out of there.

There was no way in hell I was staying and cleaning up my own puke. Fuck that. Plus the General was probably absolutely livid and I'm quite certain he'd try to kill me for throwing up on him. It was his fault though. I did tell him to move.

I didn't talk to Max the rest of the weekend. I figured he got in more trouble for Friday night. It was my fault but his step-dad probably blamed him. I almost felt bad... but not quite.

On Sunday, I got a text out of the blue from Max saying he didn't need a ride that next morning. Fine by me. I did text back asking him why but he never replied. I wasn't sure if he was in trouble still, or if he was mad. Regardless, I didn't sweat it.

Even if Max was pissed, he wouldn't break up with me. Like I said before, I had him wrapped around my finger. He wouldn't dare leave me.

Monday morning, I was hanging with Jacky at his locker. He was still "disappointed" with me and after I told him about Friday night, he actually punched me in the arm.

"You are such a cunt, Ronnie! Showing up at his house drunk? First of all, driving under the influence is stupid enough, but then you go to Max's? You already got 'em in trouble once! You keep this up and Max is gonna dump your sorry ass."

"No he won't." I assured him, waving my hand. Jacky slammed his locker shut.

"You need to stop this, Ronnie. Max is a good kid and I'm not going to allow you to fuck with him like this."

"Yeah, yeah." I muttered.

"Ronnie, if you don't stop, I'll tell him the truth."

"You wouldn't." I stood up straight to look him in the eyes.

"Oh, I would, Ronald." Something behind me caught Jacky's attention and he smirked sinisterly. "Oh, hey, Max."

Max came up beside me and I got a little anxious. Did he hear any of that? Would Jacky really tell him? I've worked way too damn hard to have it all thrown away now.

"Hey, Jacky." Max said. "Oh, Ronnie. Can we talk?"

"Uh-" Jacky gave me a look, smacking his gum loudly. If I don't do something, Jacky will tell Max everything and I couldn't let that happen. "Yeah, sure. But first I want to apologize about Friday. I don't remember much and I have no idea how I ended up at yours."

Jacky nodded approvingly and patted us both on the back. "I'll leave you two alone. See you in class, Max."

I watched him leave, cursing his stupid blackmail technique. I couldn't stop this now. I'm so close to breaking Max. I just know it! If I leave him like this, that'll be weeks wasted.

"It's ok, Ronnie. I'm not mad or anything but the General is absolutely apoplectic." I'm not sure what apoplectic meant but I'm pretty sure it wasn't good. "Apparently, he didn't appreciate you puking all over him then bailing. He's like forbidden me from seeing you and made me tell you not to pick me up this morning." Max adjusted his notebooks in his arms and rolled his eyes. "Then he made me delete your number. Still have my phone though."

"So I shouldn't pick you up anymore?"

"Well, he's still sleeping when I leave in the morning so..."

I faked a smile. "Then I'll still pick you up then." I said, slinging my arm over his shoulder. The first bell rung and I escorted Max to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck.

Sorry.