Status: In progress. It's going to be like a turtle...extremley slow progress...sorry.

Flaw Make Us Human

Beautiful Nightmares

I decided to get to know this town a bit more, I just moved away from my dad all the way from Dayton, Ohio. I left my apartment, a nice breeze hit my face as the smell of the ocean filled my lungs. I choose to walk to the park that was just down the street from my complex, it seemed like a nice place to walk to.
The walk was pretty normal just a car here and there nothing too bad. The park, however, was strange. No children running around and laughing. No parents worrying about their kids getting hurt. Not even the carless parents who did nothing but gossip or talk sports flooded the park. I took what I could out of the silence, I climbed up a tree and enjoyed myself, and this new town. The tree wasn't that bad, maybe 15 feet. I made sure getting down wasn't a bitch to deal with. I watched the park through the leaves. The silence was quite relaxing, the sun set really did help to. Slowly my eyes grew heavy but I fought against it. A nap in a tree wouldn't end that well, for me at least.
Something caught my eye as I was trying to wake up. There was a boy I would say around my age, walking, more sulking, towards the swings at the end of the park. I felt weird but I decided to watch him, he seemed interesting, and I needed to stay awake. All he really did was swing, just up and down. I got bored easily so I took my focus on the blue and red lights flashing almost in front of me, actually just slightly to the left.
My eyes wandered back to the boy, he was gone but the swing was still swinging with full force. Only a few feet away I found him running, like he was getting chased by hell hounds. My eyes trailed behind him to see exactly what he was running from. A man in an orange jump suit wasn't to far behind. In seconds a new look of determination rose on this man's face and worry filled the boy's. The cop cars completely bypassed the park, like there was no way in hell someone as going to try and run through a park....God forbid.
The man was quickly gaining on the boy and he could tell. The boy tried to run a different route to shake this man off of his tail but pretty much failed. In a quick blur the poor kid was slammed against a tree, but not just another tree, it was the tree I was currently in. Yeah how awkward is that, "Oh let me just jump out of this tree like nothing is going on." Yeah so see that happening.
I felt bad watching this kid get beat up on. I couldn't think of a way to help him and that almost put me in tears. I just buried my head in between my legs and tried to drown everything out. Something slightly caressed my arm and I made the mistake of looking down. He was curled up into a ball with blood slowly leaving his mouth.
I couldn't take the sight of him anymore. I dug my head in between my legs and wished this wasn't real. I felt the caress again, this time stronger, but I still refused to look down. Again, this time needy and I could feel warmth behind it. I barley moved my head but something caught my eye and I couldn't help but look at it. Black angel wings were emerged from a glowing light. Slowly that light took a form, that form a woman, who looked extremely familiar, but I couldn't place it. Her voice rang through my ears but her lips never moved. "Brian, save him Brian." Her voice was sweet, almost motherly. Some how she knew what I was going to say, "Don't say you can't Brian, you're a good kid. You always find away to help people." Again she responded before I could even ask my question out loud. "Just think, you always find a way son." Son? I almost fell out of the tree. That's why she looked familiar, it was my mom. The pictures I saw of her, and even my few faded memories of her didn't due her justice now. Her brown hair flowed in curls past her shoulders, matching her radiant brown eyes. I'm guessing that's where I got my eyes from. A white dress formed to her body just the right amount, not exposing but not conservative. "Yes, Bri, I am your mother, and I love you so much. I've watched you grow into a stunning young man. So I know you can save this boy." Sorrow filled her eyes as she looked down and I followed her gaze. The man stopped kicking him for a second but began to pick him up. "Start with the first step, jump, you'll be ok."
I closed my eyes and listened to my mom. I jumped, but blindly, I wasn't prepared for the fall or the landing. the landing was unexpected. I thought my mom used some power or something and allowed me to have a soft landing, but I was mistaken. What I believed to be a soft landing was really the man who was beating up this poor kid. I got off of him, ignoring his actions, and tried to catch the now falling boy, but I failed. His head bounced off the ground and I cringed. I ran over to where his head landed. I looked into his green eyes and tried to find a sign of life. When I did I smiled, he was just studying me and my features, and I did the same. Minus the cuts, bruises and blood he was quite attractive. His hair was black, styled like bed hair. His eyes were a beautiful green, almost blue in the right light, his eyeliner absolutely made is eyes pop. His lips, swollen, but still the way they curved was just amazing, the two silver rings hugging his lower lips just added to his overall attractiveness. His nose piercing, I think it's called a septum, was pretty attractive too.
He was losing consciousness. As he slowly closed his eyes I could feel my mom hug me from behind and whisper softly with happiness, "You did it Brian, you saved him. I love you so much son." With that, the boys eyes where shut closed and my mom faded away leaving me with a cold empty feeling.

__________________________________________________________________________________
"Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight
Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
We're off to never never-land"
I could feel my pajama bottoms sticking to my body just from the sweat alone. I turned my alarm off and looked at the time 6:40 am, no way in hell am I going to be able to get a few more minutes of sleep, especially after that dream. Instead I decided to get ready for school.
First day at Huntington Beach High School, plus side it was my senior year, and it was also the first day back, so I wouldn't look entirely new. Down side, I'm walking into this school with out know anybody. New school, new start. Maybe I'll survive without any friends. I picked something random from my closet, everything matched anyway, black goes with everything so it made my mornings a bit easier.
I threw my clothes on my bed and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself for a few seconds. My hair was pressed against my forehead and eyeliner faded around my eyes. Probably should take a shower, I thought. I turned on my heels and started the shower. I stripped of my clothes and jumped in. The cold water was quite relaxing, and awakening. The shower only lasted about 10 minutes. I dried off and threw my new clothes on and put a pair of converse on. I went to my little kitchen, started the coffee and went back to the bathroom to do my hair. The coffee machine sounded right when my hair was at a satisfying level of spiky. I walked back to my kitchen and poured a cup off coffee and just stood there sipping on it until I could take bigger swigs. By the time my cup was empty it was 7:05 and time to leave. I knew the walk to school but not how long it would take me, pus being early on a first day isn't so bad. I grabbed my bag and my keys and left my apartment.
The walk really wasn't as long as I expected, only about 4-5 songs, so about 20 minutes give or take. I checked my phone, 7:27. Twenty- two minutes, sweet. I walked over to a big tree standing slightly to the side of the school, but it would still be considered the front. I observed the school from here while listening to Van Halen. "Oh, wow, man, I said, wait a second, man. What do you think the teacher's gonna look like this year? Fuck man!" I chuckled. I shouldn't be listening to this during school, but I didn't skip it. I kept looking that the 2 story hell hole. Stairs led up to 3 double doors, it just yelled welcome, not really. The color of the doors yelled go back while you can, or four years of non stop torture. Plus it didn't match with the rest of the school. Red bricks decorated the brown walls of the school. I thought to myself, "Seriously, can they make an attractive school? I mean match the God da-." A sudden shove stopped my thoughts.
Someone literally walked into me. I took out my headphone and looked at the poor kid, who just happened to fall straight on his ass. I didn't laugh, in fact I felt really bad. I put my hand out to help him and rather than being a dick and shoving my hand away, he accepted it.
"Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention. I'm Brian." I watched him as he got out. His face consisted of snake bites, a septum, black styled bed hair, and green eyes with eyeliner surrounding them. He was wearing a black misfits shirt with the sleeves cut off, black skinny jeans and black skater shoes. Doesn't that sound familiar.
He wiped some dirt off of from his pants. "Zacky, and don't worry, it was all my fault."
Flashbacks from my dream this morning suddenly hit me. The kid running, getting beat up on, it was him. There stood the boy I saved, Zacky. No cuts, no bruises, no swelling, and even more beautiful in person.
Mom, what the hell are you trying to tell me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo... Gate's mom is an angel... I wonder how she died... WHO WANTS TO GUESS?!?! I shall give the first person to guess it correctly a plate of cookies... virtual cookies :D Sorry I don't bake and I don't know where you guys live.
I don't know what Huntington Beach HS looks like.... I know bad fan guys. *hides in shame* I was just imagining the most unwelcoming school, with some elegance... Stairways and big trees.. huh guys? Let's not forget....THEY MET FINALLY!!! (in Bri's POV...but still)
__________________________________________________________________________________
Oh my God I am going to cry. 19 subscribers, 7 recs and 64 readers?!?! This is so surreal, and this is only the beginning. I only expected just a handful of people to read this. I absolutely did not expect this...at all...seriously thank you...all of you! Thank you to Ravenhair24 again for the comments and to StacieIerogeance, jackievengeance21 and Tribal_Pancakes for commenting too.
I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update, my computer has been all sorts or messed up. Plus school just got back in. I am sooo sooo soooo sorry. *holds up a Zacky plushy*
I has some questions, 1) How do I italicize on here? 2) How do I add stuff to my signature?
Drum Roll please *hears cricket noises*.... thanks guys... Anyway I am about to whore myself again. Please go check out my stories on my fanfiction account The Hunter and the Hunted and Vengeance is a Bitch. I will be taking those down along with that account in general by the end of the month. However I will be posting The Hunter and the Hunted here hopefully soon. I want to be at least halfway done with this before I post that. Vengeance on the other hand will be gone... but not for good. *SPOILER ALERT* (for anyone who read that and this) I'm thinking of a merger. Change a few things in Vengeance keep the concept and put it in here for later chapters. Or if anyone is will to work with me on Vengeance, that would be a pretty fun experiment and I would love to try that out.
My mind always comes up with new story ideas so I have about 5 stories in my head... well written out or on my phone. Hopefully I can get those up soon too, or fully completed soon so I can just post it here with out you guys waiting.
The first song Metallica~ Enter Sandman
Second Van Halen~ Hot For Teacher
Title from Beyoncé