Status: This is my first story. Please be gentle.

Wide Awake

Chapter One.

Why am I listening to Katy Perry? A depressing Katy Perry song at that. I hate airports. But I 'have' to go to Helsinki, Findland for my stupid sister. Why did she ever let mom stay with us in the first place...everything always goes wrong with her here...she's abusive, rude, obnoxious and I just wanna kill her. Metaphorically speaking, of course. I don't feel like prison. I'm not afraid of flying. I just don't like to. It's six on the morning and I don't have to go until eight. I'm not even there and I'm already dreading it...maybe I am afraid of flying? Whatever...hey. What if I meet some cool people there?
'Flight 52 now boarding for Findland.' The girl groaned on protest, but reluctantly stood and boarded the plane. She texted her sister she would be landing in a few hours and would call when she got off the plane. The plane took off, her ears ringing yet being blissfully relaxed by the sweet, melodic vocals if HIM's Ville Valo. She smiled to herself as she quickly recalled HIM lived in Helsinki. She pondered on the thought of maybe running into them at some point along the way on her quest. She looked out the window, her head growing heavy as well as her eyes due to being sleep deprived forbthe past six days. These types of things the normal human body could never be properly equpited for, but Destery Memories Abbott was well used to spending more time than six days without sleep. It was simple, really; coffee, art, music and the confined space of her room was all it took to keep her up. She smirked as she remembered how her sisteyer, Janey, yelled at her for going four months without the slightest nit of rest. 'Oh, the days...' she sighed to herself.
~~~
He sat at the local cafe, his cup of warm coffee in hand. He kept his head low, crazed fans aren't hard to spot in such a small town these days. He cleared his throat as he took a drink of his beloved coffee, a small girl walking in, a gust of wind pretty much shoving her into the coffee shop as snow and dicey cold wind bleeding on behind her. He heard her curse under her breath and walk past him. 'Do you know where 3110 Michaels Way is?' He heard her speak. He smiled at her soft spokenness. It had been a long time since he heard a female speaking so softly. He saw her take a few steps across the small floor, almost as if she was looking for somebody. 'Do you mind if I sit here forbade moment? I need to check my map.' She asked him. 'No, go ahead. I don't mind.' He smiled. She knew who he was, but she understands why he was l looking down so low. Frank Sinatra played in the background as she fumbled yet successfully got her map out. He looked over the map; how old and ageful it seemed.
She groaned again, seeming to have take the wrong turn and messed up her whole day. 'Son of a bitch...' she sighed. 'Do you need help, love?' He asked, setting down his cup. 'Yeah, actually...if you don't mind?' She asked. 'I don't mind at all.' He smiled, taking the map. 'You see, this is where you want to go if you want to get to where you.need to. Sorry. I overheard you at the counter.' He apologized, tracing the small map with a crayon. 'Oh...thank you. Well. I guess I'll be seeing you then.' She replied. 'Be safe. Don't her blown away.' He waved goodbye.
They smiled in a satisfactory kind of way. Destery got the proper directions by the coolest person she could have ever wanted to meet, and Ville spoke to a soft spoken, kindly nurtured, kindred spirit for the first time in three years. 'Maybe today isn't so bad after all?' They thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. This is my first story I've ever posted ever. I usually keep them in a binder and away from the world, but I guess you can't do that forever, right? So um...yeah
Enjoy. Don't be harsh. I'm a newbie at this.
~D.