Status: This is my first story. Please be gentle.

Wide Awake

Chapter Two.

Destery sat herself down on a chair in the coffee shop from yesterday when she ran into Ville. She sighed in relief as her feet elevated on the opposite chair. She had been roaming around Helsinki for the past three hours; going around and searching through book stores, grocery outlets and constantly getting lost. Now that her feet and her mind can finally rest, she pulls out the book, Encyclopedia Vampira she had found in a half price books store. She turned page after page, drinking her second cup of coffee. 'Why hello there.' A familiar voice said, a hand graced on her shoulder. 'Oh...hi. Were you sitting here?' She mentally smacked herself at how rediculous she sounded. How could he have been sitting there if she had been for the past two hours?
He chuckled quietly, 'No. I just came in actually. I couldn't help but see you in here. Did you find your way alright?' He asked, placing his hands in his pockets. 'Oh! Yes, yes. Thank you by the way. I was sure fire going to be lost.' She smiled shyly. Why was Sue so shy all of a sudden? Surely having a conversation with someone she only met just yesterday and once before was slightly nervous wrecking, she never acting in such a manner. 'Is this seat taken?' He asked pointing to the one in front of her. 'Oh, no...go ahead.' She placed the book back in her bag, sitting up. 'So...what exactly brings you to Findland?' He asked, his usual drink being placed in front of him. 'My sister sent me here to fetch some of her mother's things.' She replied, sipping her coffee that had now gone cold. She spit it back out. 'Sorry. I really must be going. I have to make sure the house didn't burn down. It was nice...chatting again.' She said, stumbling to gather her belongings. 'Anytime. But before you go, can we maybe have lunch sometime?' He asked, his dace turning a slight pink. 'Um...sure. whenever I see you next we can.' She blushed. 'Bye.' She scrambled out the door.
That day they constantly bumped into each other at the supermarket and on the street. 'So. I was thinking maybe we should just meet at the coffee house and go somewhere, yes?' He spoke, causing her to jump. He stepped back, surprised at how jumpy she is. 'Oh! God...you scared me...yes, yes. Of course. Sorry.' She apologized. He gazed down at her with green eyes. Only just noticing hers are a dark grey. 'I'm Ville.' He spoke, helping her grab the pasta from the top shelf. She grimaced at his incredible height. 'I'm Destery.' She finally huffed. 'Destery...that's interesting. Yet beautiful in an eerie sort of fashion.' He said. Sheblooked up at him, confusion written all over her face. 'I like it. It's a good name.' He clarified. 'Well De--...wait. haven't I met you before?' He said. 'Yes, I remember you now! You had shorter hair then...' he said. His face had a slight pout. 'Yeah...I grew it out. It got kind if lonely not having my hair in my face when I woke up.' She laughed small. 'So..I guess I'll see you tomorrow then? Coffee house on Camillon?' She asked. 'Hm? Oh, yes. Goodbye until tomorrow, sweetheart.' He smiled. He pecked her cheek.
~~~
The next day they got to know each other pretty well. He found she lived in Hollywood and nowhere near him. He felt kind of sad at this. He grew a liking for her. Not a friendship kind of liking. More of a...love type of liking.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's chapter two...hope you enjoy. Sorry if any spelling errors...I'm too lazy to deal with them. Guess I forgot to say that in earlier this morning's chapter, no? Anyways...comments are welcome.