Status: Active.

My Curse Was Reversed

Chapter 2

It's been two hours. I've been stuck in this car for two hours. The only think that has kept me sane is my iPod blaring music through my earphones. Two people are sat in the front, the police officer from earlier and a middle aged woman in a black suit. I'm presuming she is a care worker of sorts. I've never really been good with new people and with them glancing back at me every five minutes it's not making me feel anymore comfortable.

I've been told that my mother has a new family. And as you can probably guess, I am not pleased about it. Apparently they have a son around my age, so that's going to be joyful. Another asshole who will probably kick the shit out of me.

We are driving through another town. I watch as we travel past the different houses. Kids are playing in gardens and adults bathing in the sunlight. Ugh I hate the sun. I mean who wants to get all hot and sweaty all of the time? Not to mention sunburn, that shit hurts.

We turn a corner and drive half way down the road before the car pulls over. No, no, no, no, no. Can I just have another hour? I am really not in the mood for this. I sink down further in my seat and hold my head in my hands. I just want to curl up and die.

After a minute or so my door is wrenched open, making me wince. I pull out my earphones and quickly shove my iPod into my pockets before grabbing onto the sides of the door and slowly pulling myself up. I clamp down onto my lip and groan in pain. An arm snakes around my waist and pulls me into a standing position.

"Thanks." I mutter towards the police officer before detaching myself from his grip. I move around to the boot of the car and take my suitcase and bag before closing it again.

I follow as the woman walks towards the house. It looks relatively nice. The front door painted a dark shade of green and the bricks covered in ivory. A much better improvement from back home. But I guess even a prison cell would be more welcoming than home.

I look around and see the police dude still standing by the car, I can't really blame him, I'd do exactly the same.

The woman, who I really need to know the name of, raises her left hand and knocks on the door three times. A dog's bark comes from inside along with it's feet scuttling on the floor towards the door. I let my eyes study my shoes as the front door opens. God the awkwardness is going to kill me.

"Hello Mrs Green, it's nice to finally meet you." Wait, she's still married to dad? I thought she got a divorce...

"Hi! Come on in." I glance up quickly and see her mop of brown hair wonder back inside. Sighing heavily, I quickly follow after the care worker and close the door behind me before forcing myself to move in the direction that the two women had just wandered to.

I step into the living room and my eyes lay upon the smiling couple sat on the sofa. My mother looks so happy, it makes me kind of angry. Her hair is long and healthy while her green eyes sparkle in the light, her skin is tanned and her teeth a pearly white. I turn my attention to the dude next to her. Black hair, brown eyes and a grin on his features. I'm glad someone is happy about this bullshit.

"Maxwell-" The woman starts, but I quickly cut her off.

"Max." I say through gritted teeth, sick and tired of everyone using my full name.

"Max, could you come and take a seat please." I sigh, it's going to fucking hurt when I have to get back up again. I nod and take the free seat next to her, making sure that I slowly lower myself down.
Good. Now this was an emergency transfer of Max so we haven't had the time to check you and the home out. But, we will be checking in monthly to monitor the process and after a while, if we believe that Max has settled in properly, we shall stop visiting and let you get on with the rest of your lives." She explains, I inwardly sigh. It's bad enough having to move here in the first place, but now I'm getting the social up my ass every five minutes.

"That sounds reasonable and I'm sure Max will settle in quickly." My mother says, and I have to bite my lip to stop the snort.

"Right, well am I right in believing that this isn't the whole family?" She raises one of her well plucked eyebrows towards my mother.

"Ah, correct! Ronnie is my partner's son, he's around a friend's house at the moment." She informs us, so at least me and Ronnie aren't related. Less people that I need to worry about.

"Okay! Well that's all we needed to discuss, so I'll leave and let you get Max settled." She smiles before standing up and grabbing her purse. My mother follows her to the door, leaving me with the dude.

"I'm Travis." He says while holding out a hand, I lean over slightly and give the hand a quick shake before moving back. My ribs don't need to be abused anymore than they have been.

"Uh, Max." I say, mentally slapping myself after, of course he knows what my fucking name is.

The front door closes and the padding of feet announce that she is coming back, I breathe in heavily before grabbing onto the chair's arms and carefully lifting myself up. My ribs are screaming at me to stop but I ignore it and manage to get myself up. My teeth have attached themselves to my lip, trapping the scream that wants to emerge.

"Well let's show you to your room, you look exhausted." I nod and pick up my bags before following after her again, keeping my eyes trained on the floor.

We walk up the squeaky stairs and along the corridor to the end room. I look up as we enter. The walls are covered in band posters, most of which I like, and underneath I catch a glimpse of a blue wall. The room is mostly clean apart from around one of the two beds-woah what?! I look around again and almost smack myself for my stupidity. I'm sharing a room.

"I hope that you don't mind sharing a room with Ronnie, it's just that we have nowhere else to put you." She explains. I nod and force a smile, not wanting to be rude.

"It's fine." She smiles at that and let's me walk over to my new bed, shoving my bags down next to it and sitting down on it.

"Well, I'll leave you to get unpacked." I nod and watch the door close before flopping back onto the bed.

All that's left now is meeting Ronnie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um, I have no idea what Ronnie's dad is called and what he looks like...