Status: Active.

My Curse Was Reversed

Chapter 4

My eyes snap open and I jerk up into a sitting position. A thin layer of cold sweat is attached to my body and my hair is plastered to my forehead. I look at the digital clock between mine and Ronnie's bed, 5:30am. I sigh and try to rip myself free from the covers which have wrapped themselves pretty securely around my legs.

After completing the task I stand up slowly and stretch out my muscles, making sure my ribs are comfortable before doing so. I grab the same pair of black skinny jeans from yesterday before snatching a random crumpled shirt from my case.

I'm about to leave the room when a wet trail is placed along my leg. I jump lightly and spin to find a dog sat by my legs. I grin and slowly bend down to its level before scratching behind his ears, his tail beats happily against the floor and his tongue hangs out a little. I chuckle before hoisting myself back up.

I glance back at the jackass a.k.a Ronnie to find him still passed out. I sigh and open the door a little before slipping out into the hallway. I sigh and take small glances into each room until I come across the bathroom.

I stumble in and lock the door behind me before randomly pressing shit to make the shower work. After doing this I strip down and step in. I almost moan at how good the hot water feels on my skin, I don't think that I've ever had a warm shower.

My mind flashes back to the dream I was having. I close my eyes and place a hand on the wall while pushing the images away. I can't deal with this now. Or ever.

I finish cleaning myself and take a little time just standing there, appreciating the warmth, before getting out. I shiver violently and dry myself off before slipping into my clothes. I brush my teeth and towel dry my hair before grabbing someone's eye pencil from the side and applying a thick layer around my eyes. That's as good as it's going to get.

I unlock the door and step out before wandering downstairs. I take a quick look in the room I have yet to enter and find it to be the kitchen. The smell hits me like a train. I swear my mouth starts watering as I step inside and set eyes on my mother.

"What is that smell? Oh my God it's beautiful." I say while taking a seat at the island. She spins around and gives me a grin before holding up the stack of pancakes next to her.

"My specialty." She tells me while grabbing a plate and plopping three on it. I grab a fork from a cutlery holder and dig in as soon as she sets them down.

And at that moment I start making the strangest of noises. They were just perfection. I make a small moan while taking another big bite and watch as my mother giggles in amusement.

I'm finished rather quickly and hold my stomach before burping quietly. I have never had something so delicious. I need the fucking recipe for those.

"I'm guessing that you like my cooking then?" I blush lightly and give a small nod before starting to fiddle with my fingers. God I hate the awkwardness. The sound of the door bell going off catches our attention.

"That'll be the boys." She smiles before leaving the kitchen. The boys? Oh God not more people.

I stand up when the sound of many voices come from the corridor. My eyes lay upon four dudes as they enter the kitchen. They all look me up and down making me feel uncomfortable before one happy looking boy walks up to me and holds out his hand.

"Hi! I'm Ryan." We shake hands and I smile shyly.

"I'm Max." I announce before our hands detach. I look over at the others as Ryan introduces us.

"This is Jacky, our British bitch." He grins while pointing to the dude with black spiked hair and a bandana. He didn't seem to pleased with what Ryan said, which was proven with a slap around the head.

"Ow! Lighten up Jacks. Anyway, this is Derek." He points to the probably most mature looking in the group. I nod which he returns and we move on.

"And lastly this is Ron!" I wave slightly which he returns and quickly they seem to notice the pancake pile stacking up.

"Mrs G! You wouldn't want us three to go hungry now would you?" Ron asks while eyeing up the pancakes. Mum sighs and grabs some plates before dishing them all some.

They all give her a kiss on the cheek before shovelling the pancakes down their throats. I laugh a little when Ryan asks for more and gets a slap around the head. I think that may happen a lot.

"Morning all." A familiar cocky voice comes from behind me. The boys say their greetings with pancakes still wedged into their mouths and I giggle a little.

"I see that you've all met Maxie." I can practically hear the asshole grinning. I glare at the table in front of me.

"I've already told you. It's Max." I huff out while flicking my fringe from my face.

"Whatever you say Maxie." He chuckles before grabbing a plate of pancakes. I make a noise in the back of my throat and frown.

"Don't worry Max, you'll get used to him being a jackass." Derek explains, making Ronnie gasp and hold a hand over his heart in mock horror.

"How could you say such a thing?" He dramatically asks.

"Easily." I comment earning a few laughs and pats on the back.

Ronnie smirks a little but says nothing. A little while later mum tells us that we need to leave fir school so I go and grab some converses and my bag before walking downstairs. We all say goodbye and walk out to the cars.

Ryan, Jacky and Ron walk towards one while Ronnie drags me over to where Derek is getting into a car. I slip in the back as Ronnie gets shotgun. I sigh and stare out the window for the whole journey until we come across the school.

This is going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's poorly written.