Status: Active.

My Curse Was Reversed

Chapter 7

I'd managed to escape without anyone noticing, which was probably the best luck I've had over the past 2 days. While walking down a quiet back alley, I pull up my hood and wipe away the tears that are starting to stain my cheeks. I decide against going home as I'll be asked too many fucking questions, so I just keep walking. Maybe I can find somewhere to relax for a while.

After about an hour and a half I'm well and truly lost. I guess the thought of being in an unfamiliar place didn't process in my mind when I decided to go walkies. Well done Max, give yourself a pat on the back.

I spot an empty playground a couple of houses away, so I walk over and let myself collapse on one of the swings. I groan lightly at the mess I've caused. Two fucking days I've been here and already they're going to send me back. I've yet to take anyone's phone number, so I have nobody to come and pick me up when it gets dark. I've probably freaked out Craig and the others with my outburst, so even if my mother still wants me I'll have blown any new friendships that I've managed to build.

Sighing, I close my eyes and try to stop panicking for a few minutes, maybe then I can focus on how to get home. Questions or not, I'd prefer being there than lost. I start trying to remember my steps from the school, if I can get back to school by the end of the day I can grab a ride with somebody, not entirely sure who as I have no intention to go find Ronnie.

I pick up my bag and begin to walk towards the park exit, but before I can open it something hard collides with the back of my head. I groan and hold my pounding head while turning around. Oh shit they don't look friendly. There were two dudes, both around the same age as me, but definitely stronger and faster looking.

"Lookie here! It's Radke's new pet." The taller of the pair grins, making me glare lightly. I'm no one's fucking pet.

"Oh careful, looks like this one is a bit bitchy." The shorter and fatter one sniggers. I sigh and rub the back of my head gently, trying to ease the numbing pain.

" Firstly, I'm not that asshole's fucking pet. Secondly, that hurt like a motherfucker." I almost growl, making them laugh loudly.

"Ronnie definitely known how to pick 'em" The first one comments while stepping a little closer. I cross my arms over my stomach, if they decide violence is needed then my ribs don't need anymore damage.

"Look, I don't know or care what you want, so please fuck off, I've had a shit day." I sigh while hoisting my bag up higher and running a hand through my hair, wincing as I hit the injured spot.

"Someone's got a potty mouth, didn't your mother ever teach you that swearing is naughty?" The second one teases, making me glare at him. Fucking prick.

"Ugh, Paul I'm done with the chit chat! Can we just kick the shit out of him already?" The taller one sighs, making my eyes widen and feet take a couple of steps back. The second dude grins and nods.

"Tell Radke, that the next person we're gunna beat the shit out of, is him." He smirks before grabbing my arm. I yank my arm back while lifting up my knee so it connects with his junk, making him let go and gasp out in pain.

And I don't waste my time standing around, I sprint full speed out of the park while ignoring the shouts from behind me. I quickly try and recall what looks familiar while I run down the street, as I could hear the sound of footsteps slapping against the pavement.

I speedily turn into a back alley in hope of slowing them down, but I can hear their laboured breaths getting closer. Oh God I'm going to have the shit kicked out of me again, I can feel it. My feet carry me down the alleys quickly, the sharp corners managing to slow them down every once in a while.

And when I turn into the next alley I manage to find an open door. I almost cry out in relief as I use the last of my energy to slide through the door and slam it shut behind me. I make sure to quickly double lock the door, just in time to hear them slam against the door and scream profanities at me.

I gulp down air like an asthmatic while leaning back on the door. It's only then that I look around me, luckily the place looked empty. I wasn't too sure where I was, some kind of abandoned shop?

I pushed myself up straight and silently creeped around a little. The place was empty, a few stray boxes lying about and some old chairs. Nothing too special. I sigh and pull out my phone to check the time.

3:20pm, school has finished by now. Meaning that even if I manage to get back to school I'll be staying there until morning as I have yet to learn the way home. I groan and refrain from just giving up and deciding to stay here all night, I just need to find out where I am.

Oh my fucking god. How did I forget? My phone has GPS.

"Max you really need to get it together." I scold myself while pulling up the app and letting it search for me.

It takes a few moments but my phone soon shows me the location, Mitchell Road. I let a small smile cross my lips as I find that the school is about three blocks away. Looks like I have a little luck returning.

I quietly wander back to the door and press my ear against it, trying to see if they're still there. I wait about five minutes, and when I'm sure nobody is out there, as quietly as I can, I unlock and open the back door. Letting myself peak out to check before I properly step outside.

I check both ways before starting to jog the way that my phone instructs me to do. And it only takes me a couple of minutes to escape the alley and find my way back to the school, just like I predicted, empty.

Groaning I now try to focus back on this morning. I remember...I remember a Starbucks! I quickly type it in to find it a couple of streets away. I grin and start to walk towards it, as soon as I get home I'll be getting everyone's number. Hell, even Ronnie's number.

When I arrive outside the Starbucks I begin to think back again, trying to remember anything...But soon two lumps appear in front of me.

Oh my fucking god no. I was so close.

"Thought that you could get away bitch?!" The shorter one, if I remember correctly Paul, growls while grabbing my hair. I gasp in pain and go to kick him in the stomach, but he beats me to it. One swift punch to the gut, making me cry out in pain. Oh God my ribs are on fire.

"Oi! What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I've never been so happy to hear his voice, thank God for Ronnie's timing skills.

"Ah Radke! We were just introducing ourselves to your little pet." Paul chuckles while tightening his grip on my hair. I whimper as the tender bruise on my head starts to throb again.

"Phillips, either you let go or I'll kick your ass even harder than last time." Ronnie threatens while inching forwards towards us, I now see that Ryan and Derek are backing him up, oh God thank the Lord-

A cry out in pain removes me from my thoughts, I soon realize that it was me. Another unbelievable burning sensation spreads throughout my ribs, causing tears to rise a little. Ronnie starts shouting at them, making the grip on my hair to tighten once again, making another whimper rise from my throat.

That seemed to be the last straw for Ronnie as he jumps forwards and sends a fist into Paul's face, making the sick bastard let go. I quickly scurry over to Ryan and Derek while clutching my stomach. I'm going to need some strong painkillers for this.

Ryan guides me over to one of the cars from this morning and gently sets me in the back before giving me a sympathetic smile. It's not long before the other two join us and we drive off down the road.

This is going to be fun to explain.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so shit I'm sorry.