Status: Unsure if I should continue to post chapters of this story, feel free to message me if you're interested and I will continue it, it is still very much a WIP.

Chanson de l'Océan

The sea's foamy spray, the clouds vast and gray.
Sunshine struggling to get through to shine down on the ocean blue.
Glimmering on the waves of old to reveal a beauty untold.

Image

“What is that?” her voice was loud and full of disbelief.

“See, Tess I told you you wouldn’t take this well. You won’t even believe me if –”

What the hell is that?” She spoke louder, her words strung together. She waved to the tub where the shower curtain was drawn and awaited his response as she stared at the thing in front of her.

Underneath the showerhead was a large silvery fin that laid splayed against the wall; curving upwards, its full length longer than the space it was given. The hundreds and of thousands of scales the two could see glittered under the lights of the bathroom and reflected against the walls and porcelain in silvery shades and hues.

He didn’t know how to explain to Tess, the being that sat in his tub. He also didn’t know how to get her out of his apartment without her saying anything but what he did know was that the fabled being in his tub was hurt, and he was going to save her.