Sequel: Nothing To Lose
Status: Completed.

White Wedding

The Morning After The Night Before

I woke up the next morning to some very new surroundings. My head was against the arm rest as I stared at the ceiling. I turned my head to look at the floor to find a sleeping Zack, with his mouth wide open and with his drool streaming out of his mouth. Nice. I slowly moved the blanket off of me letting a little breeze hit my small body. I swung my legs over the side and slowly started to walk to the kitchen. The cold concrete attacked my bare feet and I could smell fresh coffee, which instantly woke me up. "Good Morning," Johnny smiled cooking some eggs.

"Morning, where is everybody else?" I asked rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"All of the girls left at about 2 since they have work and the guys should be knocked out in the living room," he explained, "Lacey is upstairs in my bed," I nodded and brushed my right hand through my hair. It had just sunk in. It's morning. Andrew was expecting me back last night.

"Johnny, what happened last night?" I asked.

"I would say you had a little too much to drink," he laughed to himself, "But after the third glass of Jack Daniels and coke, you passed out on Jimmy's shoulder, so him and Leana carried you to the sofa, "

"Oh," I said as my cheeks heated up, "I really have to get going."

"Come on, at least have some breakfast," he said, "Coffee?"

"I can't, Andrew's expecting me, plus I need some pain-" I stopped as Johnny handed me a packet of Ibuprofen. "Thanks," I smiled as I dry swallowed the pill, making it scratch my already very dry throat. "Well, thank you for a wonderful night," I smiled. I gave him a half hearted hug as I walked back to the hall way to put my shoes on.

"Ronnie, I'll call you, we still have quiet a lot to do," he said.

"Yeah sure, I don't think today's a good idea," I said pointing to my pounding head, "Tell Jimmy and Leana I said thank you," He nodded and opened the door for me.

Walking back home was easy, I found my way to Johnny's bar. The walk cleared my head of both my headache and of my guilty thoughts. Looking at the ocean calming down my worry of Andrews reaction. I finally got to Johnny's bar I pulled the tattered piece of paper from my bag and gazed at it quickly before scrunching it up and placing it back. I slowly walked along with the wind making my hair brush against my face.

As I reached the front of the house, I prayed that Andrew was still in bed. I prayed that he drank so much that he forgot who I was and I prayed that he forgot that I even went out in the first place. I grabbed my house key and slowly turned it in the lock. I quietly opened the door and let myself in, searching the downstairs, I was in luck, there was no sight of him. I didn't understand why I was so nervous. I walked into the kitchen and found Andrew at the breakfast table, with a cup of coffee and a slice of toast. "Nice to know you're alive," he said not averting his gaze from the newspaper.

"Hey honey, I just got back in," I said with my voice trembling.

"I know, you weren't here all night," he said, again not moving.

"I was held up and I had no ride back, so I stayed at the wedding planners." I said trying to calm down.

"Okay," he said moving his newspaper and revealing an extremely forced smile spread across his face. He stood up and moved a chair back for me. I sat down and my feet began to shake. "I'll get you some breakfast, fruit salad?" he said. I nodded my head and looked out of the window. I was caught off guard by the sound of coffee being poured into a mug. "Here you go," he smiled, "Well, eat up," there was a nasty, vicious tone in his voice. Something that has not happened before. I grabbed the fork that was gently placed on the side of the bowl and I grabbed a chunk of a pineapple with it. I took a bite as Andrew watched my every move. "Good huh?" he asked as I nodded my head.

"Look Andrew I'm really sorry I didn't come back last night-"

"Oh honey, don't worry, I understand," he smiled holding onto my wrists. I smiled softly and looked down. His grip was getting tighter and tighter and I could see the colour of my arms slowly turning a fiery red.

"Andrew, you're hurting me," I said trying not to yell out in pain.

"You know I hope all of this is really going to do our wedding some good," he said, I had never seen a smile look so psychotic.

"What?" I asked. "Andrew, I would have called but I was safe," I sighed trying to move my wrists away from his grip.

"Okay, I understand," he said, almost too nicely.

"Thank you," I said softly, I pulled my chair out but fell straight to the floor as his hand collided against my face. I felt blood drip from the center of my lip onto my chin. I ran my tongue against the front of the two rows of my teeth, which were luckily, still intact in my mouth. I sat there for a moment trying to catch my breath and at the same time, trying to grasp the fact that my loving fiance did this to me. I got up on my feet and ran into my bedroom, listening to him calling my name and begging for forgiveness. I stood in front of the full length mirror, noticing a second cut on my face across my cheekbone, and the area around my eye started to turn a very unattractive shade of green. I placed the sleeve of my jumper against my lip to stop the blood from escaping even more as I felt warm tears run down my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and I'll update sooner :]