Swimmers Story

Standing In Line

Dorothy moved her long hair out her face as the wind blew it gently, her phone rang and she smiled "Hey Princess! How are you?" a familiar friends voice asked. "I'm great pretty features, how are you?" she laughed "I am rather pretty aren't I?" I'm great though" "Ryan! You're too modest! What you up to?" she smiled, "I'm on the way to training, you?" "Training? Oh I forget you're on a night training time! I'm going to get something to eat" she said.

"Well I'm at the training ground" "Ground, you swim! You mean pool Ryan!" she teased and he laughed "Shut up! I'll talk to you tomorrow" "Bye Ryan!" she laughed hanging up before putting her phone back in her bag.

"I like that girls dress, don't you?" "Yeah sure, I'm not really up on women's fashion Hannah!" Michael groaned as they drove down the road. "Dolly? What's she doing? Dolly!" he called opening the window and she looked around "Hello Michael?" she laughed and he smiled.

"What are you doing?" "Oh I thought I'd get dressed up and stand on a street corner and make some money for your coaching fees" she joked and he laughed. "Do you need a ride home?" "No I'm waiting for someone" she answered and he nodded, "I like your dress, you look nice" "Thank you Mikey!" she said and he nodded "Do you need me to wait with you?" "No I'm a big girl, plus they'll be here any second. I'll see you in the morning, promise I won't be late" she smiled and he laughed nodding.

"See you in the morning then! Have a good night" he called and she waved at him.

The next morning she was running down the road when her phone beeped 'Mikey- Ryan's on Skype at mine if you want to swing by? Xxx' she read smiling as she kept running. She opened the door grabbing a drink from the kitchen before walking into the lounge turning the heads in the room.

"Morning!" she sang as she unscrewed the lid on the water stretching her neck slightly, "Hi" Michael and Hannah chimed together although Michael looked more genuine than Hannah did. "Here she is! Dorothy 'dark horse' Phoenix I know what you did last night" Ryan teased and she smiled "I know what you did last summer!" "Yes well most do, don't tell my mother" he laughed.

"She knows Ryan, she reads you well! But nonetheless I still know what you did" she joked at him, "And I know what you did last night for real!" he gloated grinning through the screen at her as her phone buzzed loudly and Ryan laughed "I bet that's them!" "What? We saw you last night? Stood waiting for someone weren't you?" Michael asked as she searched her pocket for her phone.

"She was out for dinner with Nathan Adrian weren't you?" Ryan laughed and she nodded "Nathan was in town? He never said!" Micha said and Ryan grinned. "Bet he didn't so 2 weeks ago or 2 weeks before that did he?" "Ryan! How did you find out?" Dorothy snapped and he laughed.

"Grevers! Nathan and him talk a lot, I knew you got on but Grevers mentioned Nathan had gone to visit someone and he'd landed at Dulles. I am not that stupid you know?" he teased and she rolled her eyes.

"Nathan? You're dating Nathan? You said you don't date!" Michael snapped st her and she sighed, "We're not dating! We just talk! We're friends!" "Your not friends like we are" Ryan cut in and she looked at the laptop screen. "Nobody is friends like we are Ryan! But shut up will you! Nathan and I have been friends since that charity event you've all been oblivious so you have no arguments" she lectured and Ryan laughed quietly.

"Right I'm going to sleep because I'm exhausted! Dorothy, I'll ring you later on! I've got a date with your mother" "Don't take her to that sushi place!" she laughed. "Nope! Nope only the best for your mother and my second best friend" "Aww Michael's still your first" Hannah smiled and Ryan groaned.

He hated her! "Okay she's my third best friend! Michael's a second best friend! Kansas is my first! Anyway I'm really going! Bye Michael, Hannah. Love you Munchkin!" he laughed as they waved and Dorothy blew him a kiss.

"Kansas?" "Dorothy, Wizard of Oz? She's from Kansas!" Dorothy informed and Hannah nodded understanding. "Now I have to go finish this run before the pool, I'll be back at the pool in time!" she called running out the door and towards her house.

'Ryan- Stop calling me that! And I cannot believe you just grassed on me to Michael! Xxx' she texted as she waited to cross a road. 'Nathan- Hi! I did make it up in time! You need to learn to trust me Nathan! I'm not a slacker on training, did you make your flight? xxx' she sent before crossing the road heading home again to get food before going to the pool for training.

'Ryan- But Michael's face! He was not amused! Xxx' she read laughing as she collapsed in the chair at her home.