Swimmers Story

Exhausting Work

Dorothy stretched as she waited "Go!" she heard someone yell and she never flinched "Ryan get lost!" Michael yelled at him, Dorothy crouched low before hearing Michael yell go and she hit the water. She stayed under before letting her body rise and broke the surface "No! Get out!" Michael shouted and she looked at him.

"Look at that? See what this is? Disqualification that's what! You're under too long! This is short course Phoenix! You need to break earlier than this!" he lectured and she sighed climbing out the pool going back to the start.

Ryan sat down the the boys "Never heard him be vicious before!" Matt commented and Ryan smirked, "That's coach Phelps, he works her hard! She needs it! Trust me she isn't offended, plus they have high standards!" Ryan explained. "But she said they're not serious" "And you believed that? I always thought you had at least half a brain Nathan!" Ryan laughed as he walked off from them.

She turned under water and Michael watched her hit the wall and stopped his watch. "Okay cool down because we're done!" Michael called and she waved her hand as she swam off slowly, Bob called him over and they chatted whilst watching her swim and Michael sighed to himself.

Nathan Adrian had just jumped in the pool to train and was swimming alongside Dorothy, "Am I interrupting your brain?" Bob asked and Michael laughed shaking his head. Michael hated Nathan a bit now, he was too good at making Dorothy laugh and that wasn't something he liked!

They both stopped at the end and Nathan leant on the ropes to talk to Dorothy, "Dolly! Do you want to get dinner tonight? I need to talk with you" Michael interrupted and she looked up at him "Okay, I can do that" she answered as Nathan stopped smiling. "Good! Lets hit the gym for a few minutes" he said holding his hand out and she took it letting him pull her out the water.

"Have a good training session" she called at Nathan who grinned at her waving as he swam off again.