Swimmers Story

Lets Go!

Dorothy stood out the back stretching when Ryan called her name "200 fly?" she shook her head "What?" "No! I have to go for some interview but I'll be back before you go out I promise!" she yelled running off.

"Dorothy how are you?" Ian Thorpe asked and she smiled "Better now, this is still weird! I can't be long because I have to go get ready" she said and he nodded. He said they were ready to go and she smiled "I'm down in the arena early to meet up with USA swimming sensation Dorothy Phoenix and to ask all about her plans for the week. So how are things going?" he asked and she nodded.

"Really well, I've got a lot of training behind me and I'm feeling great" "Good! Now we didn't think you were much of a short course fan, Michael never was" he quizzed. "Well that was his choice not mine and I don't mind a short course pool, it's good to change things around a bit" she reasoned and he nodded.

"I also see you're not in any of the races you were in at the Olympics" "Nope, this is working on strokes I haven't really concentrated on in the past since I was a kid and it's been a really good challenge" she admitted. "So you're using this as an experiment?" "Sort of, it's giving me exposure to the best in the world at these strokes and seeing whether all my work in training has paid off! I'm not here for a joke, I'm here to be serious" she replied and he nodded.

"Well good luck, are you expecting much?" "I'm not over expecting but I'm not under expecting, you have to be in it to win it" she smiled and he said goodbye letting her leave.

She found micha waiting for her "Okay lets not work it too hard, 100 back. Remember your strokes and tight turns, if you can keep your turns right and just throw your backstroke right you'll qualify and we can't ask for much more can we?" he smiled and she nodded.

"Focus and you'll be fine, you can qualify easily I know you don't like it but you can qualify" he smiled at her and she nodded slowly. She went through her routine and found herself being called out, she took her place at the edge of the water before jumping in and finding her grip on the edge of the pool before placing her feet on the wall and pulling herself up out the water ready.

Michael took his place waiting and watching, he'd never liked backstroke much but he knew as a kid Dorothy had been decent at this stroke and she was in the benefit of a short course pool with the ability to turn fantastically.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you MITCHEAE for the comments!