Status: In Progress

Leave Me Out of It

Part 14

Ever since she had been more-or-less shanghaied into joining the small Straw Hat pirate crew, she'd always wondered if she was just incredibly unlucky or if all pirate crews ended up in as much trouble as this particular crew did.

Honestly though, just how many other pirate crews had been swallowed by an island whale or done half the insane shit that they did, purposely or not?

With Monkey D. Luffy as their Captain the Straw Hat Pirates were seemingly destined to dive headfirst into one misadventure and quickly fall into another. There was just no end to the... excitement.

Sure, it was the insane Captain's fault most of the time, but the other members of the crew rarely tried in earnest to dissuade him from any of his crazy ass ideas. Although, she had to admit that out of the majority, Zoro usually ended up getting the worst of their shared misfortune – all on account of Luffy.

It wasn't until she 'met' the other Supernova Captains and their crews on the Sabaody Archipelago that she realized she was in fact so very damn lucky to end up with Monkey D. Luffy as her Captain and the Straw Hats as her crewmates. She honestly wasn't sure that she would've been able to survive if any of them would've been her Captain, especially that Eustass "Captain" Kid guy.

Now, that was a crazy ass monster of a human being if she ever saw one. Not only was he strong and had a hair-trigger temper, but she could always sense bloodlust rolling off of him in waves. The guy was a ticking time bomb of eminent destruction and bloodshed.

After seeing those guys she was extremely glad, and perhaps even a bit, dare she even think it... lucky that Luffy had forcefully recruited her into his crew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprisingly enough, I actually kind of like this one... or maybe I've just given up...? Yeah, I think I've just given up on hating my own work. XD

Thank you for reading and your time.
- SLBG