Status: In Progress

Leave Me Out of It

Part 6

Why had fate been so cruel as to separate them?

Unbidden, tears began to fall down her cheeks though her closed eyelids. She bit harshly into her bottom lip to stop from sobbing aloud, while her grip reflexively tightened around the smooth neck of the bottle in her hand that was fast becoming her new worst best friend.

For the first time since having met them, she was completely alone.

The sad truth was that she wasn’t strong enough to go on without them. She needed them, each and every one of them. She needed their boisterous camaraderie, their unusual quirks, their individual strengths and their ridiculous weaknesses.

To fight off the all-consuming pain tearing at her very soul, there was nothing left for her to do now but drown her sorrows in cheap alcohol, until she could learn to stand on her own.

Sitting alone on the ocean’s edge of an island she didn’t know the name of, she made a silent vow to herself, to them, that when they next met she wouldn’t be as weak as she was now. She swore that she would be stronger, both physically and mentally.

She would finally be strong enough to stand beside them, as an equal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, an angst filled chapter, but... it had to be done. The angst muse is stalking me, I swear. -_- And it really needs to go away! I hate writing angst this often!

Oh, if you haven't noticed already, the chapters and actions in this story are not in chronological order; it's a jumbled mess really. So this chapter takes place a couple days or so after the Straw Hat's get separated for two years.

Also, this is Prompt #141 from creative writing prompts . com.