Status: In Progress

Leave Me Out of It

Part 7

The first time she met the eccentric, love obsessed cook was certainly one of the most memorable.

She was following her new captain, a boy just a couple years her junior, and what she guessed was the equivalent of his first-mate onto their ship. Everything seemed fine and the people relatively normal, at first.

Until a grouchy blond burst out of the kitchen in a whirlwind yelling obscenities at the two males she had accompanied into what she would later call ‘crazy land’. The blond and the green haired swordsman were at each other’s throats, when somehow she got mentioned.

When that happened, the loud blond haired guy’s head snapped around, not so unlike an owl, looking intently for the new female crew member: her. It took him less than the blink of an eye for him to zero in on her and when he did… oh she wished that he hadn’t.

He twirled, quite damn literally, up to her with hearts in his eyes and a cigarette between his teeth. He then clasped her hand between his and declared that she was the love of his life.

Really? What sane person does that?

Shocked by this crazy stranger’s words and actions she acted instinctively and punched him in the face as hard as she possibly could. He fell out flat on the deck, his nose gushing blood and possibly broken.

Zoro had congratulated her with a fierce grin, exuberant about what had happened to the blond, and a rough clap on her shoulder that sent her stumbling forwards a few paces. Luffy just laughed and Nami shook her head in exasperation before claiming that Sanji had it coming.

It was only later, when Sanji and Zoro really got into it, that she realized he had let her hit him.