Status: In Progress

Leave Me Out of It

Part 9

The scoffing sun overhead was unforgiving as she, the rest the Straw Hat crew and two recent tagalongs trudged along deep within the blistering heat of the Alabasta Kingdom's endless desert.

Least to say, she was not by any means in a particularly 'good' mood.

The scenery was bland and she was pretty damn sure that this is what 'hell on earth' must be and feel like. No one in their ragtag group looked like they were in top form either. Dehydrated and severely sunburned seemed like a terrible way to go and the possibility of exactly that happening seemed to grow every half-hour that they spent wandering around in this hellhole.

To be completely honest, she was worried about this not-so-little side trip that her Captain and most of the crew decided was absolutely necessary. Sure, the runaway princess' story was a tearjerker and she did truly feel bad for the girl, but that didn't mean that they needed to stick their necks out for her.

After all, the princess tried to kill them on more than one occasion. In her books, that was more than enough of a reason to leave a person to deal with their own shit without remorse or second thoughts on the matter.

Maybe she was just too coldblooded, her heart hardened by the rough, go-it-alone lifestyle she had been living for the last eighteen years, but if the decision had been left up to her, she definitely would have just let the princess deal with this shit herself.

She didn't know or care really if that made her a 'bad person' or not, because that was just how things were in the real world. It was what she had been taught early on and what she had learned firsthand from life experiences.