Status: Hopefully I will update once a week!

Starting Over

THREE.

Oliver didn’t let go of my hand for the remainder of the meal and we managed to get through it without any more conversation about my father. I tried not to let it bother me as much as it did, but it hurt a lot to know my father never wanted me, or stayed around to get to me. None of that really mattered though because I had my mom and Shae and their all I need.

As the dinner came to an end Tom, Oliver, and I cleaned off the dining table. I could feel Oliver’s eyes watching me as I walked from the dining room to the kitchen with a handful of plates, it made me feel awkward and I didn’t like it. Once we finished cleaning up we walked into the living room where our parents sat. My mom and Carol had been talking about the school here or something like that; I didn’t pay much mind to it. I sat on a chair next to mom and patiently waited for the que that we were leaving.

“Well, thank-you so much for the lovely meal, Carol.” My mother said rising from her seat to hug Carol.

“It was my pleasure, thank you for coming!” Carol said hugging my mom then turning to face me. “It was nice seeing you, Spencer. Hopefully I’ll be seeing more of you.” She tightly hugged me before walking to the door.

We said our good-byes to Ian and Tom, my mom had said good-bye to Oliver and as I walked to him to say my good-bye. He held out his hand for me to shake, I grabbed his hand and felt a piece of paper in it, we shook hands and I took the paper from him as I pulled my hand back. We shared a smile before I turned to leave the house.

My mom and I didn’t speak on our short walk back to our house, I didn’t mind though. As we entered the house I walked straight to my room to look and the paper Oliver had given me. Once I was alone I pulled the paper from my pocket and unfolded it.

Spencer,
Sorry to hear about you dad and stuff. If you ever want/need to talk you know where I live.
461-8726
-Oliver.

I smiled and the note and set it down on my suitcase. I quickly changed into my pajamas and decided to call Shae and tell her all of today’s events.

~~~

A week had passed since the dinner with Oliver’s family,I also hadyet to properly talk to. I had a feeling once I did him and I would be good friends. He seemed to genuinely care about my feelings at dinner, and he was kind. My mom and I had finished the house three days ago, everything looked great.

I was tired from the cleaning I had done all yesterday, but today was the day my sister moved in. My mom had started work yesterday so she couldn’t get time off to pick Shae up from the airport; thankfully Shae wasn’t afraid of taking a taxi. I was becoming far too impatient waiting on the taxi to pull up in front of my hose and reveal my best friend.

After about an hour of sitting on my front porch a teal and yellow car pulled into my driveway. No one got out of the car for a few minutes but then she got out. Shae was an abnormally beautiful girl. She stood about 6’2”, an entire foot taller than me, and basically looked like a supermodel. She had golden blonde hair that reached her butt, her skin was almost always golden, and her eyes were an intense light blue.

I jumped out of the seat I was in and sprinted to Shae, almost crying at the sight of her. I jumped into her arms for a hug like we usually did after being apart for more than a day. Both of us were crying and mumbling things neither could understand. Once we finally broke apart I helped Shae grab her bags from the back of the taxi and we began to walk inside our home.

“This is more beautiful than I thought” Shae said setting her bags on her bed.

“Isn’t it” I smiled.

“Enough of this boring shit; take me to meet Oliver and his brother!”

“Wh-what? Right now?” I exclaimed a little shocked.

“Yes now!” She laughed walking out of her room.

Shae and I might have been extremely close but we were very opposite. I was more shy and quiet whereas Shae is very outgoing and not afraid of anything, she is very shameless. It’s how we work, though, she gets me to do things I normally wouldn’t and I get her to be a bit more aware sometimes.

I laughed and walked back to my room, grabbing the note from Oliver with his number on it. I went downstairs to see Shae’s head in the fridge.

“Hungry?”

“Starved!” she exclaimed. “We should order a pizza! Oh, we should invite Oliver and his brother over for pizza!”

“I guess… let me give him a call and you order the pizza.” I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. I kept trying to dial his number but my nerves got the best of me. “Shae I can’t do it!” I yelled.

“Quit being a bitch and do it!” She laughed back.

I took a deep breath and dialed his number and pressed my phone to my ear.

After two rings he answered, “Uhm, hello?”

“Uh-hi Oliver, it’s Spencer. My sisiter and I were wondering if you and Tom would like to come over for pizza and shit?” I asked nervously.

There was a brief pause, like he was thinking over the idea, “yeah, sure. I’ll tell Tom and we’ll head over, yeah?”

“Okay, see you guys soon.” I smiled and hung up the phone. I ran full speed into the kitchen to hug Shae, “They’ll be here soon.”

She smiled widely and threw her head back with a laugh, “Yay! I’m going to change. The pizza will be here in ten minutes or so.”

I was walking into the living room when someone knocked on the door. I hurried to the door and opened it to see Oliver and Tom standing on my porch.

“Hey guys, come on in.” I smiled and opened the door wider for them to walk through.

“Hey Spence, where is your sister?” Tom asked walking to the kitchen.

I chuckled to myself at how straight forward he was. “She is getting changed, should be down any second. Would you guys like a drink?”

Both of them nodded and I opened the fridge, taking out four water bottles. I turned to Oliver to talk when the doorbell rang. I began walking towards the door when Shae came running down the stairs in a towel.

“I got it!” She yelled.

“Fucking hell, Shae a towel? Really?” I laughed at her evil grin. “Have your fun.”

“Hey.” She spoke in her “sex” voice. “How much do I owe you?”

“Uh-that’ll be uh-eighteen dollars.” He stuttered.

I began laughing hysterically at how nervous he was and how Shae just played him. She handed him the money and took the pizzas handing them to me, I turned to walk away and she slapped my ass.
“Don’t eat all the pizza without me, baby.” She winked and I laughed again. “Thanks.” She said to the pizza boy and closed the door before dropping her towel to reveal short-shorts and a bandeau. She grabbed a hoodie from the back of the couch and walked into the kitchen.

“That was fun, we should do that again.” I laughed handing her a piece of pizza.

“Do you guys do that every time you order in?” Tom asked laughing.

“Pretty much, only Spence usually wears fewer clothes too.” Shae stated, winking in my direction.

Oliver glanced at me with a mischievous smile; I blushed and smiled at the thought of Oliver’s thoughts.

“Let’s watch a movie! Spence where are the movies?”

“By the television, duh” I chuckled.

We walked into the living room and Oliver and I sat on the couch while Shae and Tom searched through our movies.

“I think those two are going to be getting along nicely.” Oliver said chuckling and the sight of the pair.
“I agree.”

Shae and Tom came running to the couch excited about their movie choice, Finding Nemo.
Tom had sat at one end of the couch, then sat Shae, then me, and finally Oliver on the other end of the couch. At first we all kept our distance from each other but as the movie progressed Shae wound up falling asleep on Tom, who was also asleep, and I had fallen asleep on Oliver, who was asleep fifteen minutes into the movie. It was weird leaning on him as I drifted off but it was a good weird. A weird I could get used to.
♠ ♠ ♠
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH. feedback? please?