Status: Complete

When Worlds Collide: Book Three, Fire

Twelve

/////Sam's POV\\\\\

By my request, our new location of hiding was back on Ember Island. Personally, I loved it. Zuko just seemed annoyed that we were back at the place of "Chang and Ron Jon." The others loved it. Sokka especially loved the beach, and there was a huge courtyard where Aang could practice his bending; which is what he was doing now.

Aang and Zuko were shirtless, practicing a form I had never seen before. I loved watching (which Katara and Toph teased me relentlessly for), but the two girls beside me looked bored.

"Doesn't it seem kind of weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?" Katara asked.

"I told you," Zuko sighed, taking a towel and ruffling his hair, "my father hasn't come here since my family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. This is the last place anyone would think to look for us."

"Especially with Chang and Ron Jon up the beach," I smirked, and Zuko glared.

"You guys are not gonna believe this!" Sokka shouted, racing into the courtyard with Sukki in tow. "There's a play about us."

"We were just in town, and we found this poster," Sukki explained, while Sokka showcased the paper. Aang, Katara and Sokka were printed in the middle, and behind them, Zuko glared out of red hues.

"What?" Katara asked, standing up. "How is that possible?"

We gathered around Sokka, confused. Why would someone want to make a play about us?

Sokka ignored her and said, "Listen to this: The Boy in the Ice Berg is a new production from acclaimed playwrite Poo An Ching, who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole, to the heart of Be Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, to pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage."

"Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players," Sukki finished.

Zuko groaned and slumped in his seat. "My mother used to take us to see them," he griped. "They butchered Love Against the Dragons every year."

Katara raised her eyebrows and turned to her brother. "Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?"

"Come on, a day at the theater?" He grinned, unrolling the poster again. "This is the kind of wacky, time wasting nonsense I've been missing!"

/////\\\\\

Later that night, we set off for the theater. Zuko didn't want to go at first, but I talked him into it - and by talking him into it, I mean throwing a cloak at him and dragging him out the door.

Everyone except us two were dressed in their usual Fire Nation clothes, but since Zuko and I were bit famous for completely trashing a generals home (and Zuko being the Fire Prince and all), we had to done cloaks. Mine was a more pink color, while Zuko's was a deep red.

Our seats were high up, and we were far away from the other people.

Zuko and I held hands as we sat down, him next to Katara, and an empty seat next to me. Aang stopped by Zuko, and shifted his gaze.

"Hey, um, I was gonna sit there," he said.

I glanced between him and Katara, and started to scoot over.

"Just sit next to Sam," Zuko shrugged. "What's the big deal?"

"Zuko," I hissed, and nudged him.

"What?"

"It was just... I wanted to..," Aang struggled for words, and I tried to help him but I was lost as well. "Okay," he finally sighed, and sat down next to me.

I gave him a sympathetic look, which he purposely ignored, and I sighed.

"Why are we sitting in the nose bleed section?" Toph asked as the lights went down.. "My feet can't see a thing from up here."

"Don't worry," Katara assured. "I'll tell your feet what's happening."

The curtain rose, and two actors, who I assumed were supposed to be Sokka and Katara were rowing a canoe through icy waters. Glaciers were painted in the background, and the whole set was blue.

Sokka gripped his sisters shoulder and pointed excitedly back and forth between them and the stage.

The actress sighed. "Sokka," she said, "my only brother. We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas. And yet, never do we find anything fulfilling."

"All I want is a fulfilling feeling in my stomach," Sokka replied. "I'm starving!"
He looked around with his hands raised, and the audiance laghed. The real siblings looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

"Is food the only thing on your mind?" Katara asked.

"Well, I'm trying to get it out of my mind," Sokka said, "and into my mouth. I'm starving!"


The audience laughed again.

"This is pathetic!" Sokka complained. "My jokes are way funnier than this!"

Toph laughed. "I think he's got you pegged."

"Everyday, the world awaits a beacon to guide us." Katara stood from her seat, and reached her hand out dramatically. "Yet, none appears. Still, we cannot give up hope. And hope... is all we have. And we must never relinquish it. Even to our dying breath." She began crying, and hung herself from the side of the canoe.

"Well, that's just silly," the real Katara griped. "I don't sound like that."

Sokka and Sukki giggled from behind us, and Toph laughed again. "Oh man, this writer's a genious."

I tried to hide my own laughter as the play continued.

Suddenly, a bright light overtook the siblings, and Katara looked up to see an ice spear rise from the water.

"It appears to be someone frozen in ice," she gasped. "Perhaps for a hundred years.

"But who?" Sokka asked. "Who is the boy in the ice berg?"

The two walked up to the ice berg, looking amazed. "Waterbend," Katara started, raising her hand and slashing down, "hi-yah!"

The spear broke open, and a person with blue arrow tattoos and dressed in orange appeared.

"Who are you, frozen boy?" Katara asked.

The boy giggled, and balanced on one foot. "I'm the Avatar, silly! Here to spread joy and fun."


"Wait," Aang asked, leaning forward. "Is that a woman playing me?"

A large creature emerged fom the broken ice berg as well. It jumped down and cirlced the trio, all the while making weird noises.

Katara gasped. "An airbender! My heart is so full of hope, that it's making me tear bend!" She knelt down and hugged the Avatar's knees, and sobbed.

"My stomach is so empty, that it's making me tear bend!" Sokka complained. He, too, knelt down and sobbed while grasping at Aang's knees. "I need meat."

"But wait!" Aang grinned, kneeling down and pointing at the sky. "Is that a platter of meaty dumplings?"

"Ooh, where?" Sokka asked, looking around excitedly.

Aang laughed. "Did I mention I'm an incurable prankster?" He crossed his legs and grinned.


The audience laughed again, and we all looked at the real Avatar who looked furious. "I don't do that," he defended. "That's not what I'm like. And I'm not a woman!"

Toph burst out laughing and clutched her stomach. "Oh, they nailed you, Twinkle Toes," she said, and laughed again.

"Look, it's us," I whispered, pointing at the stage and hugging Zuko's arm.

He just sighed and leaned back in his seat.

The ship sailed across the water. An older man stood with his hands clasped, while a teenager stood at the front of the ship, a telescope in his hands.

"Prince Zuko," Iroh called, and pulled out a cake from seemingly nowhere. "You must try this cake."

"I don't have time to stuff my face," Zuko told him. "I must capture the Avatar to regain my honor!"

"Well, while you do that, maybe I'll capture another slice," Iroh decided, and shoved the cake in his face.

"You sicken me," Zuko sighed, and turned back to the sea.


"They make me look totally stiff and humorless," Zuko complained, and Katara and I shared an amused look.

"Actually, I think that actors pretty spot on," Katara told him, winking at me.

"Remember the tea joke?" I asked. "You didn't even remember the punchline. A joke isn't a joke without a punchline."

"How could you say that?" he asked us.

"Let's forget about the Avatar, and get massages," Iroh suggested.

"How could you say that?" Zuko demanded.


I giggled, and high fived Katara.

There was a loud splash, and a girl with brown hair stuggled in the water "Help me!" she cried. "I can't swim, and I'm terrified of water!"

"A damsel in distress," Zuko said, using his telescope to look at the flailing body. "I'm sure she can swim."

"Zuko," Iroh scolded, and the prince sighed before diving into the water.


"That was mean," I pouted. "I never did ask, but why did you save me that day?"

Zuko blushed. "I um... No one else was on deck," he stuttered.

/////\\\\\

Aang was searching for something, and a long, curly tail was poking out from a bush.

"Hey, look," Aang sang, and tip toed to the tail. "I think I found something." He reached for the tail, and reamerged with a small animal sitting on his shoulder. "It's a flying rabit monkey! I think I'll call him... Momo!" He laughed.

"Hi, everybody," the creature said, "I love you!"


/////\\\\\

Sukki was training Sam (who had been transferred to Team Avatar at this point), but was interrupted by Sokka, who was also dressed in Kyioshi dress.

"Does this dress make my butt look fat?" he asked.


/////\\\\\

"Zuko," Sam whispered, sneaking away from the Gaang. "I have an important message for the Fire Nation! Quick; kidnap me so the others don't get suspicious."

"She is mine!" he shouted loudly, gaining the attention of Team Avatar. "You will never see your friend again!"

"No!" the trio cried, and raced towards Sam. Flames erupted, and the two were gone.


/////\\\\\

"Riddles and challenges, must you face," King Bumi sang, "if you are ever to leave this place!"

Katara was trapped in a growing green gem, and Aang was dodging several obstacles. Sokka ran from a giant hopping rabit, all the while Bumi laughing like a mad man.


/////\\\\\

Aang, Sokka and Katara stood in between two groups of pirates.

"Friends!" Sam called, and raced to join them. "I have found you at last!"

"Sam!" they cried, and the four embraced. Sam sent a knowing and evil smile to the audience.

The pirates charged, and began attacking. Easily, the group escaped from underneath the pirates legs, and tip toed off.


"What?" I whisper-shouted. "They're making it look like I'm evil. I didn't give any information to the Fire Nation."

"I don't know, Sam," Toph smirked. "You did run off with Zuko quite a few times."

"He kidnapped me," I defended blushing.

"I did not," Zuko said, blushing as well.

Everyone rolled their eyes.

"Why'd you have to steal that waterbending scroll?" Sokka asked.

"It just gave me so much hope," Katara sobbed.


/////\\\\\

Lighting flashed, and thunder rolled. Aang was tied to an alter, and Zuko laughed in front of him.

"The Avatar is mine!" Zuko claimed, shaking his fists. He paused, and looked around. "Wait, who is coming?"

A large blue head appeared, swinging two dual swords. "I am the Blue Spirit," it announced, "the scourage of the Fire Nation, here to save the Avatar!"

The Fire Nation soldiers fell, and after sending one attack towards the spirit, Zuko ran off. He pulled Sam out from behind a pillar, and pulled her along as well.

"My hero!" Aang cried, and jumped onto the spirits back. They ran off, away from the enemy.


I wiped a tear as I laughed, and Aang and Zuko cringed.

/////\\\\\

Katara sobbed as she and Jet desended from the tree tops.

"Don't cry, baby," Jet told her, and pulled her closer. "Jet will wipe out that nasty town for you."

A large rush of water overtook the town, and the couple began to rise.

"Oh, Jet," Katara sighed, "you're so bad."


/////\\\\\

"Look," Aang gasped, pointing below them as they flew on Appa. Sam was back with them, and the three riding on the saddle looked down. "It's the Great Divide; the biggest canyon in the Earth Kingdom."

The three regarded the canyon and shrugged.

"Eh, let's keep flying," Sokka decided.


/////\\\\\

"Zuko," Sam said, holding the Fire Princes hand. "This is our chance to capture the Avatar for the great and powerful Fire Lord! He's going to the North Pole to learn waterbending."

"You're right," Zuko agreed. "I have an idea - let's fake our death, and sneak in!"

"My prince, you're a genious!"


/////\\\\\

"Don't go, Yue," Sokka begged. "You're the only woman who's ever took my mind off of food."

They kissed, and Sokka stopped short. "Wait... did you have pickled fish for dinner?"

"Goodbye, Sokka," Yue said softly as she rose into the sky. "I have important moon duties to take care of. And yes... I did have pickled fish."


I heard Sokka and Sukki whispering behind me, and I sighed.

Aang, now in the Avatar state, and in the form of a giant water monster stomped and kicked at the Fire Nation ships.

"The Avatar is back to save the day!" he cheered. "Wee!"


The curtain closed, and the audience cheered. Toph laughed, and beside me the real Aang groaned in frustration.

"Do we really have to stay for the second act?" I asked as we stood to get out of the stuffy theater. "They've twisted everything single thing."

"I'm going to get food," Sokka sighed, and disappeared into the crowd.

The rest us found a deserted area and hung around by the steps. Zuko and I had our hoods up as we leaned against the railing, and I twirled my hair between my fingers.

"Sorry I made you come to train wreck," I told him and crossed my arms. "I should've followed your example and stayed home."

"Like we'd leave you two alone together," Toph snickered, making us blush, and the others laugh.

When they had calmed down, Zuko changed the topic. "So far, this intermission is the best part of the play."

"Apparently, the playwrite thinks I'm an idiot who tells bad jokes about meat all the time," Sokka griped, walking in with a bag of food.

"Yeah," Sukki chuckled, "you tell bad jokes about plenty of other topics."

"I know!"

"At least the Sokka actor looks like you," Aang told him. "That woman playing the Avatar doesn't resemble me at all." The kid put his head in his hands, and Toph smirked.

"I don't know," she said, "you are more in touch with your femine side than most guys."

Aang stood up with a growl, and took a step towards the earthbender.

"Relax, Aang," Katara told him. "They're not accurate protrayals. It's not like I'm a preachy cry baby who can't resist giving over emotional speeches about hope all the time."

"You're absolutely right, Katara," I nodded as the others avoided her gaze. "You also give overemotional speeches about everything else in the world."

"I do not!" she chided.

"Yeah," Aang sighed, and sat back down. "That's not you at all."

"Listen, friends," Toph said, crossing her arms. "It's obvious the playwrite did his research. I know it must hurt, but what you're seeing up there on that stage is the truth."

"I'm not a spy for the Fire Nation," I defended. "When I was on the ship, I didn't say anything about your locations. Right, Zuko?"

"Well... you did kind of tell me about them heading to the North Pole," he said sheepishly.

"That was one time," I stressed. "And I didn't run away with you every chance I got."

"Sure seemed like it," Sokka whispered, and I glared.

/////\\\\\

"Well, here we are in the Earth Kingdom," Katara said, sweeping her arm around to demonstrate.

"I better look around to see if I can find an earthbending teacher," Aang announced, and flew on his glider all around the theater.

"This is it!" Toph said, clasping her hands. "This must be where I come in."

Aang landed, looking forlorn. "I flew all over town, but I couldn't find a single earthbending master."

"You can't find an earthbending master in the sky," a burly man said, rising from the ground. "You have to look underground."


Zuko had his face burried in a pamflet, and I made him put it down to see the giant playing the small twelve year old girl. We all laughed, while Toph stared absently into space for a few seconds.

"Who are you?" Aang asked, and Toph spit a glob of saliva on the ground.

"My name's Toph," he said. "Because it sounds like tough and that's just what I am."


"Wait a minute...," Toph said, sticking a finger in her ear and attempting to hear better. "I sound like a guy. A really buff... guy."

"Well, Toph," Katara smirked, leaning towards her. "What you hear up there is the truth. Hurts, doesn't it?"

"Are you kidding me?" Toph grinned. "I wouldn't have cast it any other way!" She laughed. "At least it's not a flying bald lady."

"So...," Aang trailed, looking the earthbender up and down. "You're blind?" He waved his hand in front of Toph's face, who chuckled.

"I can see you doing that," he told them. "I see everything you see. Except, I don't see it like you do. I release a sonic wave from my mouth." He demonstrated by screaming so loud, the gaang leaned back. "See? I got a pretty good look at you."


"I think I'm deaf," I complained, and Zuko nodded with his eyes wide.

/////\\\\\

"Zuko," Iroh sighed, with his hands clasped behind his back. "I think it's time we talk... about your hair." He pointed at Zuko's flowing black hair that easily reached the banished pricne's shoulders. "It's gone too far," Iroh continued.

"Maybe it's best if we," Zuko paused, "split up." Then, with a flip of his hair, he turned to walk away, and the uncle and nephew parted ways.


/////\\\\\

"Azula, my sister," Zuko cried, staring at the younger girl. "What are you doing here?"

"You caught me," she sighed. "Wait! What's that? It's your honor." She pointed, and everyone present (Zuko, Aang, Sokka, Katara, Toph, Sam and Iroh) turned around, searching madly. Sam quickly turned back around and waved to the princess, who winked in return before disappearing into a door.

When the group saw nothing, they turned back around to see Azula had gone.

"She escaped," Katara noted. "But how?"


/////\\\\\

A massive drill was creating chaos at the base of the wall surrounding Be Sing Se, and standing atop the massive contraption was Princess Azula herself. The Avatar stood at the atop, looking panicked.

"If she continues drilling, this wall will come down for sure," he told himself. He hurled rocks towards the princess, who only swatted it away.

She laughed, throwing her head back. "Yes!" she laughed. "Continue your drilling! The city of Be Sing Se can hide no longer!"

The Avatar continued to throw rocks.


/////\\\\\

Jet slashed towards the gaang, his eyes rolling all around, seeming unfocused.

"Jet!" Aang called. "What did they do to you?"

"Must - serve - Earth King!" Jet cried, swinging his blade, making Sokka duck. "Must - destroy!" He flailed around like a fish until a rock floated to down and landed on him. His feet still showed from under the boulder, but with one last groan from Jet, they disappeared.


"Did Jet just... die?" Zuko asked.

"You know, it was really unclear," Sokka shrugged.

/////\\\\\

"I have to admit, Prince Zuko," Katara blushed. "I really find you atttractive."

"You don't have to make fun of me," Zuko glared.

"But I mean it," the waterbender insisted. "I've had eyes on you since the day you first captured me."


I tensed in my seat, and I felt Zuko's arm around me tighten as he and Katara scooted away from each other.

"Wait," Zuko said, standing up. "I thought you were the Avatar's girl."

Katara laughed. "The avatar?" she stood as well, and walked over, still laughing. "Why, he's like a little brother to me. I certainly don't think of him in a romantic way. Besides... how could he ever find out about this?"


They embraced in a hug, and Aang stood up, heading for the door. Honestly, I thought about following him. Instead, I snuggled closer to Zuko and grasped his hand in mine.

/////\\\\\

Azula and Sam stood on one side, while Iroh stood on the other. Zuko was in the middle.

"Well, my brother," Azula started, crossing her arms, "what's it going to be? Your Nation or a life of treachery?"

Zuko looked back and forth dramatically, looking torn.

"Choose treachery," Iroh told him, taking a long swig from his cup. "It's more fun."

Zuko nodded and walked to his uncle.

"What are you thinking?" Sam called.

Nodding again, Zuko pushed Iroh to the floor, and walked back to his sister and friend. "I hate you uncle," Zuko called, pointing an accusing finger. "You smell, and I hate you for all time!"

The three walked away, and the Earth Kingdom banner fell to the ground.


Zuko leaned forward, looking upset, and I rubbed his back.

"You didn't really say that, did you?" Katara asked.

"I might as well have," Zuko said.

"He knows you didn't mean it," I whispered to him. "Knowing Iroh, he'll have a tea cup waiting on you next time you see him."

He avoided my eyes, and rested his head on the railing.

/////\\\\\

Mai and Ty Lee were fighting two gaurds, and easily winning. Mai sent a dagger towards her oppenant, and it caught is collar, sending him back.

Ty Lee hit several of the pressure points on her opponents body, and he keeled over.

Aang jumped from his hiding place, landing in front of the two girls. "Avatar state, yip yip!" His eyes and tattoo's began to glow, and he rose into the air.

"Not if my lighting can help it!" Azula announced, also rising. She sent a strike towards Aang's chest, and he fell to the ground.

The trio stood in front of the defeated form, grinning.

"The Avatar is no more!"


/////\\\\\

"It seems like everytime there's a big battle, you guys barely make it out alive," Sukki noted as we stood in the hall. "I mean... you guys lose a lot."

"You're one to talk, Sukki," Sokka told her. "Didn't Azula take you captive? That's right, she did."

Sukki's smirk dropped to a frown, and I giggled.

"Are you trying to get on my bad side?" she asked.

Sokka immediatly backed down. "I'm just saying."

"Does anyone know where Aang is?" Katara asked, walking over.

"He left to get me fire gummies like ten minutes ago, and I'm still waiting." Sokka leaned against the wall, looking mad.

"I think the play is just getting overwhelming," I supplied. "I mean, the whole trip down memory lane... it's a lot to take in."

Katara nodded understandingly. "I'm going to check outside."

I watched her go and sat down next to Zuko on the floor. A kid with an Avatar mask resting on top of his head ran by, and I smiled.

Sokka convinced Sukki to sneak him back stage, and soon, those two had left, leaving Zuko, Toph and me.

"Geez," Toph sighed. "Everyone's getting upset about their characters. Even you seem more down than usual, Zuko, and that's saying something."

"You don't get it," Zuko told her. "It's different for you. You get a muscely version of yourself taking down ten bad guys at once, and making sassy remarks."

"Yeah, that's pretty great," Toph agreed.

"But for me," Zuko continued, "it takes all the mistakes I've made in my life and shoves them back in my face. My uncle... he's always been at my side. Even when things were bad, he was there for me. He taught me so much, and how do I repay him? With a knife in his back. It's my greatest regret, and I may never get to redeem myself."

I leaned my head on his shoulder and Toph slid down the wall.

"You have redeemed yourself to your uncle," she told him. "You don't realize it, but you alread have."

"How do you know?" Zuko asked.

"Because I once had a long conversation with the guy," Toph said, chuckling slightly. "And all he would talk about was you."

Zuko put his hood down, looking excited. "Really?"

"Yeah; and it was kind of annoying."

Zuko apologized, looking down.

"But it was also very sweet," the earth bender relented, sitting down next to us. "All your uncle wanted was for you to find your own path, and see the light. Now you're here with us. He'd be proud." Toph raised her first, and punched Zuko's shoulder.

"Ow!" he complaned. "What was that for?"

"That's how she shows affection," I sighed, shaking my head.

The little kid dressed as the Avatar ran by again, but stopped when he saw us. "Your Zuko costumes pretty good," he told Zuko. "But the scar's on the wrong side." He ran away with his arms outstetched, laughing.

"The scar's not on the wrong side!" Zuko shouted, and threw his hood back up with a huff.

"Calm down," I laughed, "he's just a kid."

"He's an annoying little brat," he muttered.

Katara suddenly ran past, with a look of shock and anger on her face.

"Katara?" I called, standing to stop her. "Are you okay?"

She stared at the floor. "The next act is starting. We should go."

She started walking, but I grabbed her arm, and motioned for the others to go ahead. "Katara, what's wrong?" I asked. "You can talk to me."

She bit her lip, before quickly explaining what happened between her and Aang outside.

"And then he kissed me," she rushed. "I told him I was confused, and he just... Ugh!" Haughtily, she slammed her head against the wall.

I patted her shoulder sympathetically. "He's a guy, Katara," I said. "Boys will be boys, just like girls will be girls. He sounds confused to me, too. I think the stress is just getting to both of you; and the play really isn't' helping."

There was a loud eruption of applause from the theater, and Katara sighed. "Let's just... go watch the play."

I watched her walk ahead of me, before following with a sigh.

/////\\\\\

Aang and Katara stood on top of the submarines, in the middle of the invasion. The seconds leading to the invasion were ticking by.

"I just want to let you know, Aang, that I'll always love you," Katara told him, "like a brother."

"I wouldn't want it any other way," Aang assured, and the two performed what seemed to be a secret handshake. The Avatar took off to the skies, leaving the Water Tribe siblings and Toph.

"Hey, Toph," Sokka started. "Would you say that you and Aang have a rocky relationship?"


The audiance laughed, and Sokka shook my shoulders from behind. "That's my line!" he gushed.

"I hope everyone's ready for the invasion," Sokka continued. "Slapapow!"

/////\\\\\

"We finally made it to the royal palace, but no one's home," Aang whined.

"Wait!" Sam called. "I'm here!"

"And so am I," Zuko announced, as the two stepped foward. "And I want to join you."

"He's a good person," Sam declared. "He may have kidnapped me a bunch of times, and tried to kill us a lot, and followed us all over the world... but I trust him with my life!"

"Then I guess we have no choice," Sokka shrugged. "Come on, you two."


The gaang raced backstage, and the room went dark.

Behind me, Sokka stood. "I guess that's it," he said. "The play's caught up to the present now."

"Wait," Sukki whispered, the same time I shushed him. "The play's not over."

"But it is over," he insisted. "Unless... this is the future."

I turned around and glared. "If you don't shut up, I'm going to rip your pony tail out," I snapped, and he raised his hands in defeat.

Zuko smirked, and pulled me back to my seat.

Fire Lord Ozai stood atop the steps to the royal palace. "With the energy harnessed from that comet, no one will be able to stop the Fire Nation!" A ball of fire slowly made its way across the sky.

Azula bowed down before her father. "Father," she reported, "Zuko and the Avatar are at the palace, trying to stop you."

"You take care of Zuko," the Fire Lord commanded. "I shall take care of the Avatar myself!"

"And what of the others?" Azula asked.

"Oh," the Ozai sneered. "I have a secret weapon for them."

Sam stepped out of the shadows, with a cruel smile on her lips. "Leave it to me, Fire Lord." She bowed deeply, before waving at Azula and disappearing in a tornado of fire and water. The Fire Lord soon left as well, with nothing but a cloud of smoke showing his disappearance.

Zuko and Aang ran towards the princess. "Aang," Zuko called. "You find the Fire Lord. I'll hold her off."

With a nod, the Avatar left.

"You are no longer my brother," Azula swore. "You are my enemy."

"No! I am the rightful heir to the throne!"

"We'll see," Azula cackled, and sent a string of blue fire at her brother, who dodged, and sent a counter attack.

They jumped around each other, taking turns in defense and offense until Azula sent a massive wave of flames that engulfed the banished prince.

"Honor!" Zuko shouted before dying.


I gasped, and my eyes shot to Zuko who looked even more shocked than I felt.

"Sam!" Katara called, and began weeping. "I thought we lost you. Seeing you again gives me hope to win this war."

Sam scoffed, and burned the ground at Katara, Sokka, and Toph's feet. "Think again, friend," she sneered. "Did you really think I, the lost legend of the Fire Nation, would help out you? The scum of the Water Tribes?"

"But Sam-"

"Shut up, Sokka," Sam snapped. "I'm the one running the show now."

From her right hand, Sam shot a jet of water, and with her left, a ray of fire. While the liquid slammed into Toph, sending him backwards, the fire hit Sokka in the chest, and he was out for the count.

All that was left was the weeping water bender. "I will not fight my friend," she promised, and fell to her knees. "You will always be a sister to me, Sam. If you ever cared for us at all, you would stop this. Help us win the war, help us fight! We offer peace between the nations. We-"

"Oh, shut up already will you?" Sam huffed, and with one last attack, both fire and water, Katara fell silent.


"I'm going to be sick," I rushed, standing and running away from the others, who called my name.

I sat curled up in the fetal position outside, gasping for air. I was outside; there were no walls. Why was I suffocating? Why were the trees closing in?

"Sam?"

I shook my head, trying to catch my breath. Someone grabbed my hands, making me jolt, and I finally looked up to see everyone staring at me worriedly.

"It's not true," I stated weakly. "I... I would never do that. I love you guys, I could never turn against you like that."

"Well, I would hope not," Sokka tried to joke, but only received an elbow to the gut from Sukki.

"Come on," Zuko said softly, and I noticed for the first time that he was the one holding my hands. "Let's get back to the house, okay?"

I nodded, and with help, I stood up on shakey legs.

"You didn't miss much, by the way," Sokka told me, descreetly steeping away from his girlfriend. "It was kind of predictable, I guess."

I nodded. We walked along the beach towards the beach house, and no one else was out.

"That... was not a good play," Zuko acknowledged.

We all agreed, and I leaned against Zuko for support. I still felt sick to my stomach, and I really just wanted to lay down for thirty two years and sleep.

"But the effects were decent," Sokka piped up, and despite everything, a giggle escaped me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would have updated this last night but I had to insert all those stupid [ i ] and [ / i ] things. -.-