Status: Complete

When Worlds Collide: Book Three, Fire

Six

/////Sam's POV\\\\\

We had been back at the palace for nearly two weeks now.

Zuko and I found ourselves together even more than usual, and before we retired for the night, he would kiss me. We weren't officially boyfriend and girlfriend - in fact, I had no idea what we were. When it came to a simple friendship, we had gone way past the point of no return, but relationship wise... I was at a loss. However, the Fire Nation prince had been distant and moody lately. When I asked what was wrong, he would just shake his head and say he was 'thinking'.

"Again!" Azula ordered, as I dodged another attack.

I shook my head, trying to clear it, and by using my mind, I summoned the water in the vases behind her, dousing her.

I could feel her glare, and tried my best not to laugh.

I hissed in pain as a sharp knife grazed my cheek, and sent a line of fire towards Mai, who easily dodged.

I had become dependent on my mind when it came to bending, but Azula made sure I knew basic stances. Really, that was all I knew when it came to traditional bending. Basic forms; the rest, I used my mind.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ty Lee cartwheeling towards me, so I used excess water from my attack on Azula and created an icy patch just in time for Ty Les to place her hand on it, and fall to the ground.

Clapping sounded from the entrance of the training room, and we turned to face the Fire Lord. The girls bowed, but I glowered, and stood still.

Ozai raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything as he stepped into the room. "You've improved," he nodded, as his eyes wandered over the now burning curtains and thick slab of ice on the ground.

"I don't understand why I have to train," I grumbled. "I'm not going to fight for you anyway."

The Firelords eyes flashed, and I cringed back. "That is enough training for today," he decided. "You will go to your quarters, an remain there until dinner."

We glared at each other for a bit, until he nodde at Azula and disappeared just as quickly as he'd appeared.

"Oh, calm down, Sam," Azula sighed. "You'll burn the palace down if you don't."

I whipped around to see the once frozen sheet f ice now boiling, and the curtains blazing even higher. I sighed, and after closing my eyes, the fires died down and the water cooled.

"I will say I am impressed with how well you've progressed," Azula nodded, crossing her arms. "It's quite an accomplishment."

"You can throw me a party later," I huffed, taking my hair out of its pony tail. "I'm going to my room."

Without looking over my shoulder, I walked out. I wandered the halls, not really wanting to go my room, and decided that a stroll through the gardens would help calm me down a bit. I had only seen the Fire Lord a few times, and he rarely talked to me, but when he did, I was left steaming more than Zuko.

Lost in my thoughts, I bumped into someone, nearly knocking me down. "Sorry," we both rushed, and I looked up to see Zuko.

He seemed shocked to see me, but quickly shook his head and smiled. "Sorry," he said again. "I was thinking."

I chuckled and looped my arm through his. "Same. So what's up? I haven't seen you around in a while."

He shrugged as he changed our course to the main entrance of the palace. "I've just been busy. I've got a lot on my mind."

I sighed as we stepped out into the sun, receiving many bows from passing servants. I felt uncomfortable about all the attention, but Zuko ignored them, already used to the royal treatment, despite being gone for nearly three years.

"You've been out of it for a while," I said softly. "Is everything okay?"

He nodded absently, and I sighed inwardly. I glanced outside of the palace gates, and smiled, clutching at Zuko's hand. "Do you remember in Be Sing Se?" I asked.

He chuckled, and I took that as a yes.

I then grinned, and pulled him into the small city surrounding the palace. Guards followed us, but I tried to ignore them, and focused on everything else. It took a while to get Zuko to actually pay attention to his surroundings (he ran into three people before he did, though), but I soon forgot that I was in the Fire Nation. It started to feel like Be Sing Se again, when it was just him and me.

/////\\\\\

I was laying on my bed, and my eyes were drooping. Zuko and I had spent the whole day browsing the shops and just walking around.

Azula had met us at the door when we got back, but tried to tease us, but she quickly gave up.

I was beat, and I was curled up in the thick blankets, on the verge of sleeping when I heard it.

I furrowed my eyebrows, and tried to ignore the scratching noise, but when it started to squawk, I jumped up, and stared at the window in confusion. A hawk was scraping the window, a rolled up paper tied to his claw.

I glanced at the door, before hesitantly climbing out of bed, and crossing the room. With shaking fingers, I opened the window and ducked as the hawk swooping in, narrowly missing my head.

"Stupid bird," I muttered, and cringed as it's beady eyes stared at me.

I carefully untied the parchment, after one last glance at the bird, I started to read.

Sam,

Aang is alive. We still plan to atak on the eclipse. Be redy becus we will save you. Its just a few moor days. We mis you.

Katara

I couldn't help but laugh at spelling mistakes, before sobering up and re-reading the letter.

The Fire Lord knew about their plan, Azula had told him.

I quickly began tearing apart my room, searching for paper and ink. I had to warn them, to stop them from carrying out the plan. This was suicide, and I had to stop them.

The hawk sitting on my bed squawked again, and I turned around, glaring at the bird.

"You know, if you're smart enough to bring this letter to me, then you must be smart enough to find a stupid pen or something," I told him, and shook my head. "I'm talking to a bird. This stupid world has me talking to animals now."

"Miss?" a voice shouted, and I looked up with a start, staring at the door. "Is everything alright?"

"Uh-" I looked at the hawk again, sending him a glared. "I'm fine. I just, uh, had a nightmare."

The doorknob started to jiggle. "It sounded like something fell," the guard said skeptically.

"Yeah," I rushed. "That was me, I just fell out of bed."

It was silent for a bit out in the hall, until I heard the guard sigh, and then footsteps led away.

I sighed in relief, and began my search again. I finally found what I needed, and sat down at my desk. After another glance to make sure the bird wasn't going anywhere, I started to write.

Because they couldn't come here. They would get themselves killed. I could find my own way out - I wasn't worth the risk. They had to keep Aang hidden, and keep themselves hid.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so freaking late and I've never had writers block like that before holy crap. But I'm going to start going with the show again next chapter, I won't have writers block as an excuse :P I know this is short, I was really just trying to find a way to move this along. But we'll be back to normal things next chapter (Hopefully). Oh, and writing in English from Katara? Really weird. I feel like I should've hired a little kid to write that for me, actually... It's strange to see really bad spelling. I mean, I know I'm bad and have a lot of mistakes, dont' get me wrong, but on purpose? Yikes.

Sorry again, and I love you guys! Thanks for sticking with me, and to all my new followers, thank you! I gained quite a bit since I've been gone, which is really shocking, but nonetheless, thank you!