Status: Should I Continue?

Kraven Town

.1.

Liz Burton, would regularly stand guard outside of the entrance to Kraven Town. Nobody knew why, she stood there, after all it's not like anybody actually wanted to go inside that dreaded place. In fact, nobody even knew why everyone was so afraid of Kraven Town, they just... Were. The place was deserted, the only building still standing after the bombing in 87 was the old Asylum. The Asylum was, surprisingly, still in almost pristine condition. All the windows were still in place, not a single crack in sight, the doors all worked and only squeaked a little bit when opened. The floorboards creaked and groaned from time to time and the wallpaper was beginning to peel, but for a building that's over a century old it wasn't too bad.

Today, was just like any other day for Liz. She was standing guard outside of the Town, in her mind she was doing everyone a favour. When Liz was a teenager she had been dared to enter the the abandoned Asylum and in all the years she had been the only one to come back out again. Nobody knows what happened to Lizzie that day, but from the way she came out, her clothes in tatters, her hair all ragged with tears pouring down her face. Nobody dared ask, she became inverted, she'd hide away in her room writing down numbers and names on any scrap of paper she could find. The day that the Town was bombed, Liz was stood directly outside the Asylum, something in her mind had told her that despite everything The Asylum would be the safest place to hide because somehow Lizzie knew that the bomb would hit. The next day when people from nearby towns rushed in to look for survivors, Liz was the only one to be found. Her family and all their friends had died. Lizzie didn't want anyone to go through the horrors that she did in that town and therefore she tried to stop all that wanted to enter. But in the 26 years she had stood guard nobody had ever tried to get past.

Some days, Lizzie would hear cries for help and groans of pain echoing through the air, coming straight from the Asylum but she wouldn't dare ever go into the Town again. She knew that the sounds were just a simple trap to put her back where she belonged, where they thought she belonged, but Liz was much too clever to fall for that trick. So, she carried on guarding the Town and not letting people enter...

But today was different, for the first time in 26 years Liz was faced with a group of people who were trying to enter Kraven Town. People who wouldn't take no for an answer.

“You can't go through here.” Lizzie shouted out at the upcoming group of people, who she suspected were lousy journalists who wanted to enter the town for some stupid story they were planning. Of course, Liz was wrong, this group was in fact the Famous Team Echo. Famous for their marvellous discoveries and explorations. The Team had dealt with people before who had attempted to stop them from entering abandoned and possibly haunted places. So, instead of turning round and leaving they carried on walking. Stopping a matter of feet away from Lizzie.

“We simply want to explore. We mean the town no harm, we only want to have a look around.” Team leader, Jeff Malone, stated. Hoping to make the woman understand that they weren't a threat.

“No, you can't it's simply too dangerous!” Liz replied.

“We'll be carefully, Miss. Do not threat, if we're not out in 7 days then come and find us?” Jeff said, trying to bargain with the woman. Jeff highly doubted that his team would be in the town for more than 7 days anyway, the town was only small and the only place left standing was the Asylum. So, it's not like they had thousands of buildings to search through. Team Echo, were only interested in the Asylum anyways. They were famous for revealing mysteries, unsolved cases, hauntings, you name they'd done it. An example of one of their amazing triumphs would be Darkside Manor, Darkside was said to be haunted by numerous ghost. One of which was claimed to be the King's only daughter, who died of heart failure in her early twenties. Team Echo entered the Manor and helped the ghosts transition over to the other side. Of course not all cases can be solved that easily.

“You don't understand, it's simply far too dangerous, you cannot enter! I forbid it, you can't pass.” Lizzie said forcefully, there was no way that she was going to let this group walk into Kraven Town. She wasn't going to let them walk to their death! She wasn't that cruel.

“Look, we understand what you are trying to say but we are not going to be harmed in a deserted town. After all who's going to hurt us? We'll be fine, you have my word.” Jeff's wife, Catherine, replied.

“No, it's obvious that you don't understand. If you did you would be able to see my point of view. What's going to hurt you? Everything the second you enter the Town you aren't safe. Nobody is safe! You'll all be doomed, I can't let you through here! I simply can't.” Liz argued, her patience wearing thin.

“If you are seriously that bothered for our well being then why don't you come along? You'll be safe, it's obvious that you know more about the town then we do. If I'm correct then you use to live here right? Liz Burton...” Catherine questioned, since her husband had told her that they would be exploring the old Asylum of Kraven Town, Catherine had been doing extensive research on the history of town. Of course it was common knowledge that the place was abandoned but not many people really knew that much about the town.

“Go back in there? Are you kidding! I won't ever step foot in that goddamn place, but yes you're right I am Liz Burton.” Lizzie answered.

“Fine, don't go in there with us. But let us past, what's the worst that could happen?” Jeff asked, Liz simply shook her head her patience was practically non existent, never in her life had she encountered such persistent people.

“Either you don't understand the risks or you simply don't care about them. Either way, I still can't let you through. Now, please be on your way and leave me alone!” Lizzie shouted, she was close to her breaking point and that could never be a good thing.

“We do understand what you're saying but there really isn't any need to worry. Just let us past and we will be on our way. All we ask is that you let us enter.” Catherine replied, even though she was usually a patient woman she could feel herself beginning to get rather annoyed at Liz. The town posed no threat, in Catherine's mind, so she couldn't understand why this woman was so against them entering. Liz was acting like they would all die, which as far as Catherine and the rest of the team was concerned that was practically impossible.

“Fine, pass then. But when you don't come back, I won't care! I tried to warn you.” Liz exploded, she had had enough. At this point all she wanted was the group gone and out of her way and if that meant letting them walk to their death then so be it. As the group walked by Lizzie, she let out a sigh of relief, she could already feel the guilt forming but she couldn't care less at that currently moment in time. All she wanted was some peace and quiet.

Jeff commanded his group to follow him as they walked into the deserted town. A cold chill ran through the air and something inside Catherine was afraid that Liz was right. Maybe they would die here, after all Liz knew more about the town then anybody else and if Liz said the town was dangerous then the town probably was, but it was too late to turn back now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone that has currently subscribed. It means alot :)