Status: Should I Continue?

Kraven Town

.2.

Sunset was quickly approaching and the team were just about to set up camp. They had only been in Kraven Town a matter of hours and already they could sense that something wasn't right. Maybe it was because of Liz Burton's warnings that were making them all go slightly mad or maybe the town really was haunted. So far none of the team had encountered any supernatural creatures, the town was seemingly empty. No ghosts or crazy serial killers hiding away in the shadows.

The youngest member of Team Echo, 23 year old Cassidy Jones was on tent duty with twins Taylor and Eliza May. The girls had been left in the main hall of the Asylum to set up the tents for the group, the others were checking out the surrounding area in order to make sure the place was safe. Despite the eerie setting, and the fact that each of the girls had watched far too many horror movies, none of the trio were scared. They had their weapons with them, 3 switchblades and 2 hand guns between them. You'd have to be an idiot to try and take them on, especially considering that Eliza was a highly trained martial arts master.

The remaining members of the group had split up into even smaller groups once they had left the girls, Jeff Malone and his wife Catherine. Frank Olson, Lara Fickle and James Long.

Jeff and his wife calmly walked through the old corridors of the asylum. The walls that once were painted white were covered in dust and strange red marks that looked almost like hand prints. What was left of the wallpaper was peeling, revealing the crumbling brick walls that kept the building standing tall. Old lamps that hung against the walls only had enough power to dimly light the way. Jeffrey having to rely mainly on his torch to light their way. The floor that before was a beautiful white wood was now coated in dust and grime. The couples footprints the only sign of life. Huge chucks of the ceiling tiles hanging dangerously low. Looking as if they'd break into thousands of pieces with barely a touch. Long Forgotten medical tables and stretchers were randomly littered throughout the corridors. Some in almost pristine condition, while others were stained with blood, urine and god knows what else.

Frank Olson, the oldest member of the group was walking slowly behind Lara and James. He was almost 15 years their senior and had no idea what they were talking about. The corridor they were walking down split off into two different directions, the left lead to a rather well lit corridor, the right lead to a hallway that had numerous doors lining the walls. The group walked right, choosing to explore the other hallway later on. The first door they came to was named Operation Room 1. Or at least that’s what it said on the door. James grabbed the dusty gold handle and slowly pushed open the door, the rusty hinges letting out a terrible high pitched screech. The room was practically bare, a stretcher laid in the middle with a small set of drawers next to it. Lara stepped forward entering the room, it was relatively big and looked like it had been used often. Frank, opened up one of the drawers revealing it's content. A set of rusty, used, old medical equipment.

After both groups re-joined in the main room, all the tents were up and the three girls were sat together in a small circle eating some, slightly squashed, cheese sandwiches they had found in Taylor's bag.

“Well, the structure seems safe enough, for now at least. But be careful when walking through the corridors. This building made have survived a bombing but it's not indestructible. Now, all of you should get some sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow, we're going to get set up properly in here with camera's placed around the building so we can monitor activity and then we're going to go explore the rest of the town. Good night.” Jeff spoke, walking over to one of the larger tents that he and his wife were sharing. Within minutes of them laying down Team Echo were asleep.

The night past rather quickly and once the team was up and had eaten they set out into the corridors to set up some camera's. As the groups split up, so that they could do the job faster, Frank noticed something strange. The corridors they had walked through the day before and 4 sets of footprints in the dust, not three. The corridor was one Frank remembered walking down, but they didn't walk back to the main hall through this corridor. Frank brushed off any idea's of ghosts or unexpected visitors and thought that one of the other members in the team might have walked off to find a bathroom during the night. The mysterious footprints forgotten about, Frank continued walking towards the first place he was meant to set up a camera.

After the job at hand was completed the group met back up and set out to explore the rest of the town.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this chapter is short in comparison to the other and I was aiming for a higher word count for this chapter but this is what I'm posting and I'm happy with it :)

I promise something exciting will happen soon

~Courtney