Sequel: Nothing Like Us

One Less Lonely Girl

Little Introduction

The night was silent and the crickets were chirping outside. A few cars passed by and all was silent again. I sat up in bed with the lights off and just took a moment to relax in silence with no brothers or parents disturbing me. I have two little brothers: Dominic who is 13 and Collin who is 10. I guess they're not very "little". I am Ashely and I'm 14 years old and in high school. I feel so greatful to have such amazing friends, especially like Justin. Our moms were really close to eachother way before we were born and they've stuck by eachother through everything so I guess we met before we were born. Justin was the kind of guy who you could tell everything to and he would completely understand you and help you through your tough times; on top of that, he was very funny and sweet.

"Good morning sunshine!" My mom came into my room and sat on my bed. She was a mom that was really like a best friend who you could tell everything to; we were really really close.

"Oh, good morning mom." I said under my sheets. I was too tired to even open my eyes that I kept them closed the whole time we talked to eachother. I heard my brothers downstairs watching morning sports and laughing about whatever they thought was funny. I sat up in bed and smiled at my mom who smiled back and walked downstairs to make breakfast. I opened my window and looked outside across the street letting the fresh morning air wake me up.

"Hey guys." I walked downstairs to see my brothers on the couch not to my surprise.

"Oh hey." They replied back without even looking at me. Ugh...

After eating breakfast with my mom and dad, I changed into a pair of jeans and a casual sweater. This is really my morning routines on weekends: I take a morning stroll around the neighborhood after breakfast. I walked out the door and down the side walk. As I walked down a few houses I stopped by Justin's, who lived in the neighborhood, to say good morning to Pattie. She was watering a few flowers outside the house.

"Hi Pattie!" I yelled as I waved my hands toward her. She looked up and gave me that beautiful smile of hers that I always admired.

"Good morning sweetie!" She yelled back. Setting down the watering can and wiping her hand she walked towards me. "How have you been doing?"

"Great! How are you?"

"I'm doing great as always! Why wouldn't I be with Justin around!" We both laughed and talked a little more until the door opened and Justin walked out to see who was there.

"Oh hey Ashley!" He smiled at me. I loved his smile, it always made me smile and he once told me that when I smiled he smiled. We gave eachother hugs.

"Hey! How's it going?" I asked.

"Great!" We both talked for a few more minutes until my mom called me and told me to come back home so we can plan our day.

"Bye!" We all said to eachother with great big smiles.