Status: I really suck at constantly updating.

Youth

Three

Another year older. The ground looks a little more farther away. My father took my hand and led me to our car out front. His eyes were red. He wiped at them before getting behind what my toy truck has as well. A circle that makes the car move.

"Son, it's your first day of preschool." He looked back at me, a smile on his face.

I clapped, because I loved playing with other kids. The playground was my favorite place. Little did I know this wasn't a playground.

It was so green here. There was no slides or swings, only a house in the center. I looked at my father as he tried to stop crying.

"Daddy, this is no playground."

"I know son." He was shaking.

"Daddy?"

I wanted to stop his tears.

I wanted to help him.

I wanted Mommy back.

"This is only temporary, Connor. Until your mother comes back." He pulled the black belt from around me and we walked to the house.

A girl was waiting for me. She has long yellow hair, a smile that was like sunshine. She held her arms out to me. I walked into them.

"Hi, John. How is she?" The girl moved her hand on my back. It felt warm.

"We're hopeful." Was all my father said.

"He'll be okay in my care. Let's hope she gets better soon."

My father moved his head. He then looked me in the eyes. His red eyes reflecting through the thing over his eyes that I may need one day.

"Listen son, this is for the best. I will come back for you." He kissed me on the forehead. Then walked away.

As he got in his car to go, I cried out for him. I didn't want to stay with her. I didn't want to be here. And that's when I knew he wasn't coming back for me ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow it's been FOREVER. Sorry for the hiatus!