Status: I really suck at constantly updating.

Youth

Five

Penelope moved us to the car. She made sure we were all safe. Alex's feet were moving in circles. Jenny went to sleep.

Penelope was not happy today.

"I can't deal with this. Who starts at seven in the morning?" She pulled out the white stick we always see in her mouth.

The drive was quiet. Penelope talked and talked, but no one answered. I sat with a big bag on my lap. She had asked me for my birthday when we were at Walmart what one. I really liked Power Rangers, so I pointed and she threw it into the cart.

I stared at the characters in their frozen poses. I wish I was one of them right now.

"Alex, I want no calls from your teachers that you went to Jenny and Connor's classrooms. Do you understand me?" Penelope pointed her finger at the big rectangle with glass.

"Yes." Alex said quietly.

Jenny and I just turned five in May. Jenny knew it was time for us to grow up. I still wanted to latch onto my imagination.

The car stopped out front of a large place. There were kids everywhere, running to doors and crying to their parents.

Alex got out first, said goodbye, and ran up the steps. Penelope got out of the car and let us out. She took both of our hands and walked us to a different place. I stared back at it, wondering if we'll ever make it there.

Our place was much smaller, only steps away from the other. A lady stepped out from the door and smiled. She had hair like a pony, long and flowy just like her yellow dress.

"Hi, I'm Miss Jackson. And who are these lovely faces?"

"This is Jenny and Connor. Please do not hesitate to call if anything happens. Connor doesn't really do well with separation." Penelope let go of us one by one. She slowly backed away.

"Will do. Have a great day!" The lady cheered. She took both of our hands and walked us inside.

The door shut and I knew we were somehow meant to be here.

"Welcome to your first day of kindergarten!"