Status: Updates will be surprises because that is fun!

Those of Us They Have Forgotten

100th anniversary

The day, if it could be called that anymore, was usually cold. So cold, that the story usually told under the light of the stars was being told near a fire. It had been 100 years after all, a time to celebrate.
Brian sat on a log near the fire eating something someone else had made and waiting for the story. He like everyone else in the city would be here tonight to listen to the king tell of past times. He took another bite then moved to sit next to his friend Gerard, who had not so long ago lost a brother to the other side.
"Hey man, you ready for this" Brian whispered so as not to be rude.
"Yes, the story any one of us who has been alive for 10 years or longer could recite word by word." Gerard mumbled back.
Brian smirked slightly, the king had never been as original as his father, but that was besides the point. He was about to ask Gerard something when the king, Theao, they all revered stepped up onto his podium from where his throne sat.
"Welcome, my people. Today marks the 100th anniversary of the day the war started to eradicate humans from our world." Theao said grandly waving his hands in the air.
In Brian's opinion King Theao sort of looked like a cow fattened for slaughter. He obviously ate to the point of over indulgence, despite the fact that things like waste were one of the reasons the humans had been removed.
"Today also marks the 99th anniversary of when we won the war to make them go. Now please let me remind you of why our forefathers made the decision to go to war." At this Theao looked around quickly, his body jiggling along with his head. When he finally found what looked to be a bit of used parchment he continued.
"The first reason was that humans sought to destroy us as much, if not more than we sought to destroy them. The next reason is the amount of these wasteful humans destroyed our planet. If they were still here I would wager to say we wouldn't be." The sound of lightning interrupted the kings speech, and Brian smirked lowly as the first drops of rain descended.
Shaking his head slightly Theao continued, "Now we have vowed to keep our earth natural, and free from pollutants. We have vowed to keep our earth ours. Though some would try to help the humans come back from being gone, we have vowed to stop that too."
At this point Theao glanced around at the people around him looking hard at the ones he believed to be sympathizers. Then in a thunderous voice, one that should not have belonged to the king before them he announced, "Though we have never found a human, we know that they are out there, and we will not stop until every last one of them is dead."
With that Theao stepped down. Brian could almost laugh at the difference in the man when he had finally said the motto of the people. We will not stop until all the humans were dead, and it was true, no one around him would.