‹ Prequel: My Dad, My World.
Status: If your starting to read this, make sure youve read the first book! My Dad, My World.

My Dad, My World : The Battle

Mission Accomplished

I was so happy to see that his soul had been set free. But sad to know that his life had been possessed by such an evil being for such a long time. We all still stood before him just waiting. We could all tell that he was trying to say something but didn't quite have the strength to do so. So I reached out. I offered him my hand and politely asked if he would like to use me for energy.

His face was kind and his smile small but powerful. Then he took my hand and it wasn't words that came from him. My vision was replaced with images of the 1930s, of his family, of a dying little girl, suffering from pneumonia, that I gathered to be his daughter. Then the image that had saved one life in exchange for his. Literally at a crossroads, making a deal with Lucifer himself. I understood. Especially when I saw a picture of him as the black evilness, still having a weak spot for a happy, healthy, and playing little girl looking through a window of their home.

Just as soon as the images had come, they were gone. Foggy tears ran down his fading face, but we all watched with smiles on our faces. Behind me, dad put a hand on my shoulder and put his other hand out to the man in front of us. To have a shake of gratitude and to establish a mutual respect between the five of us.

“Your free now. go find her.” dad said.

The spirit reached out his hand and much to our surprise let out a deep voice.

“My names Phillip. Thank you both for helping me. Keep a look out for marlene. My baby is still a little girl lost out there somewhere.”

We nodded to his request and he nodded individually to us all before fading into the air.

“Well done, little one.” said a familiar voice. I knew who it was right away and we all swung around to see Persephone standing at the barn door, looking as gorgeous as always.

“Hello Persephone.”

“Looks like you've accomplished your mission. I’m proud of you.” she said and bowed her head. It was difficult to be like this to her. Like friends. Like none of us even remembered that she's an angel of the Lord. But she had nestled herself into out families and made a comfortable spot in al of our lives. I hoped that once this was all over that she would visit often. Her eyes shifted to dad and he chin raised majestically as she called his name.

“Zak Bagans. How are you feeling now?”

“Relieved.” he said and bowed slightly.

“Come.” Persephone reached out her hands, one for me and one for dad. We walked to her and took them.

“The three of you,” she said to the guys. “should go home and fix things at the Bagans residence while they are given their next task. Can you do that for them?” Persephone smiled to Nick, Aaron, and Sam. When they all smiled back sand shook their heads yes, I quickly blew a kiss to Sam before we were in heaven. In the meadow like she always took me to. When I remembered who else was here, I looked up at dad and cheesy smiled.

“Whats with that face?” he asked me looking at me like I had two heads.

“ Hi momma.” I said still looking at him. I watched his expressions change and look at my mother who walked from behind a nearby tree. She stopped and a smile spread on her angelic face.

“Melanie…” my eyes still on him, I stayed cautious as he fell to his knees and let tears pour down his face.

“Zak.” she walked to him and for the first time in years, she cupped his face in her fragile hands and wiped away the tears that he cried.

“I’m so sorry Melanie…I’m so sorry.” I really hated seeing dad cry. He did it actually more often than anyone would think. Many times had I went to ask him something and heard him sobbing “I’m sorry’s” into his pillows. Many time had I wanted to comfort him but I never wanted to ruin his private time. Everyone deserves to mourn.

“I love you Zak.” and then a much awaited kiss consumed them and I walked to Persephone.

“Happy reunion.” Persephone sighed in content. I took the opportunity to feel for myself. I too was content. Especially with the environment holding in all this love. The birds were chirping and the sun was setting at the perfect time.

Mission Accomplished.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been a long time. i don't think people even read this any more but i like writing it so i guess I'm stuck lol oh well. much love and happy writing.