‹ Prequel: My Dad, My World.
Status: If your starting to read this, make sure youve read the first book! My Dad, My World.

My Dad, My World : The Battle

Under His Weight

" hey Aaron can we talk?" I asked. It was about 4 o'clock now and a after relaxing and watching TV with Sam while Aaron did some work, i was ready to talk about the connection Sam and I had and the vision that came with it.
So as Aaron walked through the living room he put up one finger and said " yes just one sec alright? IMA get me some water." He smiled and kept his pace to the kitchen.
"Are you OK dear? Something's off about you.your too quiet this morning." Sam layed his soft fingers on the top of my hand and drew soothing circles on my skin. He was right, I didn't feel bad or anything its just this whole this has me so overwhelmed.
"I'm just a little stressed out. I'm sorry." I smiled as big as I good and placed a small kiss on his soft lips.
Aaron returned with his drink then and he sat down in front of us, the table underneath him letting out a small moan. I smiled. It was such a sweet noise. it was like one of those moments that you feel is just for you.
"Now shoot." Aaron urged.
"OK so remember the whole energy thing? Well Sam told me what he saw and...last night I saw it in my dream. Persephone is trying to look for him and she sent us both small glimpses." I explained and gave Aaron some time to maul over it but he quickly purked up hearing that there might be a way to find dad.
"What we saw was dad sitting down somewhere. I can't see the floor. Its more zoomed in than that. And theres this black mass hanging out next to him. The only places I know that could be secluded enough to to keep a man hostage is the pools, rivers, and creeks up here by your house on the outskirts of town." I finished. Aaron moved anxiously in his seat and stirred up his cup of water.
"Well he can't be far.we have to go look. I'll call billy and jay and we can go. Go get ready."
With that we all broke and zoomed around the house in preparation.I sent a silent prayer up to Persephone beggong for abother sign but also thanking her for everything she had already sent down.
Once everyone was ready Aaron drove us to the nearest pools. We checked them one by one, billy and jay sticking behind to check for any movement with the cameras that Aaron had set up in various places to keep there for tonight if we didn't find him.
I felt like my heart was going to explode. If I didn't find anything. So we went further, stopping at all of the small creeks that trickled along through the woods behind Aarons house. After nothing showed up, our last resort was to look along the river banks that ran just down along the valley. It was pretty much the only place in Vegas that most people didn't even know existed. We pulled up to a nature hiking trail and got out, listening very intently to the vast quietness that surrounded us.
Sam grabbed my hand and led us forward. By now the syn had fallen behind the trees and the thick wood was hindering out view even more. Pulling out our flashlights the atmosphere changed, And I could feel the presence of something evil moving its way through the trees. Aaron Sam and myself all took one last weary glance at each other before I felt a familiar sting in my eyes and a thin sheen of glossy red glazed over me. Through my bloody tears I watched dad stand, his shirt ripped and falling apart. He stumbled and looked around. The evident sounds of twigs snapping under his weight. I knew then that he had to be close. Especially when he whispered my name and it echoed through the forest loud and clear. My eyes cleared and Sam was kneeled down beside me while Aaron was behind me stroking my hair. I loved them both for trying to make my visions easier for me. My body softened then and my mind thawethawed and my breath escaped in a quick phrase " he's here."
Standing slowly with the help of my boys, I looked to my left and smelled the air, the metallic scent of blood filling my nostrils. Through the thivkenig woods I made a path, my eyes adjusting to the clumping in front of us and I whispered a small command for them all to follow.
"I'm coming dad." I whispered. This whole thing was crazy. I can't believe dads missing and in as much danger as he is because of me. Because of the life he has chosen. The battle between life and death is a long one and I'm seriously having a hard time wrapping my head around it.
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go! Tell me what you think!!!! If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know :) much love!