‹ Prequel: My Dad, My World.
Status: If your starting to read this, make sure youve read the first book! My Dad, My World.

My Dad, My World : The Battle

Inhale Exhale

With Aaron and Sam right behind me I felt better about not having to attack this on my own. Yet somehow I still felt the need to finish this job by my own hand. My mind just kept telling me that this is was impossible and that I would never be able to stop something otherworldly from killing me and dad too. I needed the back up but would that be cheating?
Right now we were curled up behind a fallen tree, ducking from the view of any "thing" that might be lurking. This time I'm 100% sure that dads here. His presence is strong and I can almost hear his breathing if I listen close enough. I've come to find that with my gift there are small bonus things that I can do if I concentrate on that thing. The smelling, the hearing and most importantly the feeling. Which is interrestig because I feel like I can feel...dads body in mine... Hm, weird.
I built the courage then to motion for the guys to follow and I jumped over the log stretching my legs for further quicker strides up the small hill we were on. Hiding behind the barn I listened closely for movement. Nothing but a single set of lungs slowly but surely taking deep intakes of breath and steady exhales out. I tried to look through a crack in the rotting wood but all I could see was dust and some objects across the way that appeared to be sitting atop some drooping shelves. I looked closer and closer and closer... Until a fucking eye covered the hole! Its vains and and bloodshot color made me want to vomit plus the jolt of energy that surged through me made me fall backwards onto the ground and go immediately into another vision this time much more violent and painful both to watch and feel.
The black mass was beating him....with these evil black tendrils reaching far and fast, making contact with every surface of his body. One final blow and dad was gone. Forever. Taken by evil and I will have failed myself and dad. So when I came out of this bloody mess I launched forward with everything I had and focused on getting to him before it happened. Before I lost him. Before I lost my father, like I lost my mother...my life. It would be gone. All of it.
Reaching the door I went to push the door open with as much force as I could but when I threw my arms at it, the doors flew open with a gust of wind. In my rage I paid no attention to it and kept my focus on the mass standing in front of my dad.
"Prepare to get your ghostly ass beat mother fucker. " suddenly I knew what to do. Somehow I got this super connection in my mind that told me exactly what to do. Especially with dad so close I knew somehow that my earlier thoughts had been right. Dad and I were connected. I had his spirit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope y'all like this :) much love<3